Break In

Requested by: riverdale_trumps

Alice wakes up when she hears a loud sound outside

Alice wakes up when she hears a loud sound outside. She looks over to the clock and sees that it's two in the morning. She hears another noise, quieter this time and she thinks, and hopes, it's just a raccoon knocking over the recycling bins. She looks to her side and sees FP sleeping soundly beside her. She lightly shakes him awake. "Al? What is it? Is everything alright." He asks, his voice low and raspy from just waking up.

"I heard a noise outside." She tells him.

"What kind of noise?"

"Like a thump? I don't know! Just a loud noise, it woke me up!" She tells him in a slight panic.

"Okay, okay, baby," he says, sitting up to wrap his arms around her. "it's alright." He soothes, running his hand up and down her back. "It's probably just a raccoon or the wind knocking over the trash cans or something." He says, and she nods, that's what she thinks too. But then an even louder noise sounds through the house, and she looks up at him with wide eyes.

"That's one giant raccoon." She comments. FP just stares around the room, listening intently. He still has his arms wrapped around her tightly.

Another noise sounds through the house, this time followed by the sound of shattered glass. "FP." She cries out quietly, wrapping her arms around him a little tighter and burying her head in his neck.

They hear voices downstairs and realize that someone is in their house. "Okay, I'm going to go down there-" FP starts.

"Are you insane? You're not going anywhere!" Alice yells at him in a hushed voice. "I'm not letting you go anywhere."

"Alice, honey, I'll be fine." He kisses her forehead and then tries to get out of bed but she grabs his hand.

"No! You're not leaving me."

He cups her face in his hands. "I'm going to be okay. And you're going to hide, just in case." He tells her, she raises an eyebrow at him. "I'll risk my life but I'm not risking yours, just hide in the closet or something?" She nods and climbs out of bed as quiet as possible.

She opens up their closet and steps inside the cramped space. "Stay here until I come and get you." FP tells her, she nods and he takes her face into his hands and kisses her softly.

He's about to leave the room when she calls him back. "FP!" She whispers, he turns to her and walks back. "Take this." She says, handing him a baseball bat she found in the closet.

"A bat? Alice I'm not-"

"Please just take it. You hid me in a closet just in case, so you can take a bat, just in case." She tells him and he takes it from her with a nod. "I love you."

"I love you too, baby. Everything's going to be just fine." He closes the closet doors and then leaves the room.

Alice sinks down, drawing her knees in close to her chest. At first it's relatively quiet but then she hears yelling and her heart speeds up. When she hears a loud noise she covers her ears so she doesn't hear anything else and starts to cry as she buries her head in her knees. Praying that FP is alright.

She doesn't know how much time passes, just focuses on blocking out any and all noises and praying FP is going to be okay. Her body tenses up when the closet door opens, she doesn't look up to see who it is, but then she feels strong arms wrap around and she inhales the familiar scent that is FP.

She clings onto him tightly when she realizes it's him. "You scared me." He says. "I came in and called your name but you didn't answer."

"I covered my ears so I couldn't hear anything." She explains. He scoops her up into his arms and brings them over over to the bed, keeping her in his arms.

"They're gone now and the cops are on their way." He tells her, kissing her head and stroking her hair to calm her.

"How many were there?"

"Three. Young kids, maybe twenty?"

She picks her head up off his shoulder to look at him and her face drops when she sees the cut on his cheek. She lightly brushes her fingertips over it. "Baby, they hurt you."

"Not intentionally. When the one guy started running off I caught his elbow." She nods and kisses the mark.

"Did they take anything?" She wonders, of course that's the least of her worries but now that she knows he's okay she can think about that.

"Not that I know of. Two of them were trying to get the TV, the other was going for your laptop." She nods again and hugs him.

"I'm glad you're okay." She whispers.

"I'm glad you're okay." He whispers back. She gives him a small smile and then leans in and kisses him.

_
A/N
Just realized the request asked for them not to get hurt but it was minor.