Cherish

"I'm worried about her, Jug. I haven't seen her this upset since she found out my dad was the Black Hood." FP overhears Betty tell Jughead. "I can't even get her out of bed, she just lays there all day, completely emotionless."

"She's always been damaged but this is a new level."

"It's really scaring me. I don't know what to do, I don't know how to help her." Betty cries and Jughead wraps his arms around her, holding her close.

FP sneaks past the kids and grabs his keys, heading out to his truck. Alice has always put on a strong front but he was the only one she would ever let her guard down in front of. Maybe he can get through to her, it's worth a shot.

So he drives to her house and lets himself in using the spare key she hid in the plant for when he would sneak in at night.

He heads upstairs to her room and sees her curled up in bed, emotionless as she stares out the window. "Al?" Her head turns quickly to look at him.

"What are you doing here?" She questions, her eyes puffy from crying.

"I heard Betty talking to Jughead and I was worried about you so I came over to check on you." He sits down on her bed and places his hand on her hip. "Now tell me, Al, what's going on?"

"I'm just such an idiot."

"No you're not."

"I am though. I was so blind to all the horrible things Hal did, I mean he was a serial killer for God's sake! How did I never see the signs? He was manipulating our daughter! He killed innocent people... and I shared a bed, a home, a life with him for twenty years."

"That's not your fault, Alice. No one saw that coming. I'm pretty sure Cooper was the least likely serial killer ever, no one blames you for not seeing it."

She reaches for his hand and he sits beside her, curling his arm around her shoulder, knowing she needs the comfort.

"And then there's Edgar... I was so, so stupid. I let him brainwash me and manipulate me and-"

"Hey, don't you dare blame yourself for what he did to you. You were hurting and Polly told you about this place that would help you, it's not your fault. You were vulnerable and he took advantage of that, that's never going to be your fault, Alice."

She curls herself closer to his side and nuzzles her head into his shoulder. "And then there's you. We started things up again and I don't think I cherished that time enough, because now Gladys is back and I lost you again."

"No, Al, you've never lost me." She looks up at him and he wipes a tear from her cheek. "Alice, the moment I laid eyes on you all those years ago I knew you were the one for me. I never even loved someone, or thought I was capable of loving someone, until you came along. Once we started things back up again, God Al, I can't even begin to tell you how happy I was to have you in my life again. I didn't ask for Gladys to come back, the only reason I haven't kicked her out is because she would just take Jellybean with her and I can't lose her again."

"You didn't ask her to come home?"

"No, no, baby." He tucks a strand of hair behind her ear and kisses her head. "When I went up Toledo to pick up Jughead that day, it just made me realize how much I love you. Of course I loved Gladys when we were together but she left me at a time when I needed her most, and she took my daughter with her when she did it. You've always been it for me, Alice."

"I have?"

"You don't give yourself enough credit, Al. You're so hard on yourself. I don't know how many times I have to tell you for you to believe that you're worth so much. You deserve the world, baby, and I want to give it to you. I love you so much."

She smiles up at him. "You're not just saying that because I'm a mess right now are you?"

He chuckles. "No I'm saying it because it's true. You're the most amazing person I've ever met and I want to spend every single moment I can loving you." He tells her, stroking her cheek with his thumb. A tear falls down her cheek and he gives her a sad look. "Let me show you."

"What?" She sniffles.

"Let me prove to you just how beautiful and worthy of love you are. Let me cherish you and treat you how you've always deserved. We've lost so much time together and I don't want you to ever spend another second doubting how loved you are, so if you'll let me, I want to spend the rest of our lives never letting you forget it."

"FP..." She trails off and kisses him hard, clinging onto him like he's her life support, and in a way, he is.

She pulls him with her as she lays down, never letting their lips part. But he pulls away after she starts pulling on his shirt. "Al, I don't want to take advantage of you."

"You're not," she assures him. "I need you, I need to be close to you right now. Please, FP."

He nods and lets her guide his hands to unbutton her pyjama top and she slips her arms out of it. She shimmies out of her pyjama pants and he leans back to take her in, lying there on her bed wearing nothing but the moonlight, she's a vision and he wants to take his time worshipping her the way she deserves.

He runs his hand down one of her legs, lifting it up. He kisses her ankle. "I love this." He trails kisses up her leg, reaching her knee and pressing a kiss there. "I love this." He trails more kisses up her legs, leaving a little sucking kiss on her inner thigh, feeling her wiggle with pleasure underneath his touch, she giggles softly. "I love this."

He kisses just below her navel. "I love this." He kisses up her chest in between her breasts, leaving little kisses and sucking at her soft skin. "I love these." He tells her, cupping her breasts in his hands and making her laugh.

He lifts her arm up and kisses her hand. "I love this." He trails kisses up her arm to the inside of her elbow. "I love this." He trails more kisses up her arm to her shoulder. "I love this."

Then he kisses his way up to her neck, leaving lots of sucking kisses there. "I love this." He kisses over to her cheek. "I love this." Then makes his way over to her mouth, planting a long and slow kiss on her lips. "I love this." He mumbles against her lips. "I love every single part of you Alice." He wipes a stray tear from her cheek. "You're so damn beautiful in every single way, never doubt how loved you are."

"I love you." She breathes out, pulling him into another kiss.

And for the first time in a long, long time, Alice truly felt loved and knew she always would be.