Mosquito

This was originally going to be a chapter in Mr. Mom but I felt it didn't fit in so it's a one-shot featuring toddler Jellybean now.

He's pretty sure that kissing Alice is one of his favourite things, he just loves it, loves the feeling of her lips against his.

The door to the office opens and Alice practically jumps into the air. Fred smirks at them. "Relax it's just me, Hermione's getting Jellybean out of the car, I got lunch."

"Took you guys long enough, was it busy?"

"Please, like you guys cared that we took a while. Yes it was busy." He hands FP the takeout bag containing he and Alice's food. "Nice lipstick by the way, pink's your colour."

FP's face turns red and Alice giggles as she wipes the colour away. Jellybean and Hermione walk inside and Alice gets off his lap. "I'm just going to use the bathroom quickly." She stops to greet Jellybean who's proudly showing off her milkshake, offering Alice a sip.

FP smiles at them and helps Jellybean up onto his lap when she walks over. "Uncle Fred and Aunt Hermie got me an extra big milkshake."

"I see that, you're never going to fall asleep tonight you'll be too wound up on sugar." She giggles and rests against him as she drinks her milkshake. "Where's your food, baby?"

"I ate it in the car. I had chicken nuggets."

"That sounds yummy."

She gasps and lifts her hand to touch his neck. "What happened to your neck daddy?"

He freezes and tries to think quickly, Fred and Hermione stare him down with amused expressions. "A mosquito bit me."

"Ouchie, does it hurt, daddy? It looks like it hurts."

"No it doesn't hurt, kiddo."

"Hey mosquito!" Fred waves at Alice when she walks into the main part of the office again. She raises an eyebrow at him, watching as Hermione elbows him.

"That's Mama Allie, Uncle Fred, not a 'squito. A 'squito is the bug that bit daddy." Jellybean points out.

"Something tells me he didn't mind it too much." Fred mumbles to Hermione earning a laugh from her, even as she shushes him.

"We're going to head home after lunch, okay honey?"

"Okay, Mama. Then when daddy comes home we can all watch a movie!"

"That sounds good to me. What movie do you have in mind?" FP asks, handing Alice her burger from the takeout bag.

"Peter Pan."

"That's a good one, we haven't watched it in a while. You up for Peter Pan, babe?"

"Always." She smiles at him and her heart flutters when he places his hand on her thigh.

___

The three of them ate dinner together once he got home and then settled down on the couch with ice cream sundaes to watch Peter Pan.

While he had expected Jellybean to fall asleep, he hadn't expected Alice to fall asleep, but there she is; head resting on his shoulder as she sleeps soundly. While Jellybean has curled herself up in a ball, arms wrapped around him tightly.

He can't move without waking either one of them and he's stuck watching Peter Pan by himself, but with both of his favourite girls snuggled close to him he really doesn't mind.