Father's Day

Based on a prompt I saw on Tumblr that I can't find now! The idea was giving someone a Father's Day card with a sonogram in it, so cred's to whoever posted this prompt!
Enjoy!

_____

She's tried on multiple outfits, feeling uncomfortable in all of them. Her clothes still fit but they're getting tighter.

She turns to the side and exams her body in the mirror. Her stomach is more plump than usual, FP hasn't seemed to notice, or if he has he just hasn't mentioned it because he doesn't mind.

"Hey baby," FP's voice in the doorway breaks her out of her thoughts. "What are you doing?"

"Just trying to find something to wear, I hate everything I put on."

"How come? I bet you look beautiful in everything." He walks over to the bed and looks at all the options she's tried on.

"I feel fat." She huffs.

"Never say that again." He warns. "You're absolutely stunning." He wraps his arms around her and presses a kiss to her cheek.

"I love you."

"I love you too." He walks over to her closet and looks through the clothes hanging. "What about this? Have you tried this one?" He holds out a yellow sundress and she shakes her head, taking it from him.

She slips it on and looks at herself in the mirror. Her hair is falling in curls down her back and her makeup is fully done, FP looks like he's about to start drooling. "What do you think?" She asks him, knowing all too well the answer.

"Baby you gotta wear that." FP tells her. "You look gorgeous."

"Really?"

"Absolutely. You look amazing. Stunning."  He wraps his arms around her and lifts her up as he gives her a kiss. "Most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on. Can't believe you're all mine."

"You're the best, you know that?"

"I've been told a couple times." He smirks and kisses her again, that is, until the phone rings. "I'm going to answer that, why don't we watch a movie or something? Just relax before we head over to my dad's."

"That sounds nice."

He walks out of the room and she waits until she hears him start talking to walk over to her nightstand, pulling out a card she had written out earlier that week. Inside the envelope contains a sonogram of the baby he doesn't know is on the way just yet, she figured father's day would be a fun way to announce it but it's been killing her keeping it from him.

She slips the card into her purse and just in time too as FP walks back into the room.

"So, change of plans. They want us to come over earlier, dad wants to go bowling tonight so they're moving dinner up."

"That should be fun."

"Brings me back to our teen years." he smiles as he mentions it, grabbing a cardigan from her closet and holding it for her to slip her arms in.

"Some of my favourite memories." She pecks a kiss to his cheek and grabs her purse so they can head out.

_____

"Dinner was delicious, Mr Jones."

"Oh thank you Alice, but I can't take the credit, Millie was the one who made dinner." He smiles at his wife. "And I've told you to call me Forsythe, you're my daughter in law now, no need to be so formal."

She smiles and stands up to help Millie with the dishes.

They wash up the dishes and halfway through Alice takes a little break, stretching her arms to relieve her back pain. Millie gives her a knowing look, Alice gives her a small smile. "You alright?"

"Yeah, back's just been bugging me lately."

"Any particular reason?"

Alice raises an eyebrow at her, narrowing her eyes. "What do you know?"

"Oh nothing. I know nothing." The older woman chuckles.

"Mhm. I think you do know."

"Well if it's what I think, would I be right?"

Alice blushes and takes the pie from the counter and walks into the dining room. FP places his hand on her thigh as she sits down beside him and she gives him a kiss.

"I think it's time we do gifts." Millie suggests, serving slices of pie to everyone at the table. She hands Forsythe Sr. the two gift bags and cards on the table.

"It's just father's day, I don't get why we do gifts at all." He scoffs.

"Because you're a great dad, we gotta celebrate you." Alice insists.

He looks through the cards, finding it odd that there's three in the pile. Then he notices one of them is addressed to FP. "This one is for you, son." Fp's eyebrows crinkle in confusion as he takes the card from him.

"Weird." He comments.

"Might just be from someone who knew this was your last address." His dad suggests.

FP opens the envelope as Alice's heart beats quickly in her chest. He doesn't seem to suspect anything and she feels her heart speed up even faster as he opens the card, seeing the sonogram tucked inside.

His mouth drops open and he turns to her with wide eyes. "Oh my God! Are you-" she nods with wet eyes and he practically leaps up from his seat, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her up into a hug.

"What? What is it?" His dad questions, watching as Alice wipes a tear from FP's cheek.

FP presses a kiss to Alice's head and draws her close as he turns to his dad and step-mom. "Looks like you're not the only father in the room." FP smiles wide. "I'm going to be a dad!"

"You're pregnant?" Forsythe's eyes grow wide and Alice nods. "That's amazing news, congrats you two!" He smiles wide, trying to fight back tears.

_____

FP carries her into the house as she laughs. He carries her straight to their bedroom and deposits her on the bed, joining her instantly.

He pulls the sonogram out of his pocket and admires it as she snuggles up to him. "I just can't believe it, Al."

"Was it a good surprise?"

"The best surprise! One of the best days of my life." He gives her a kiss and lets his hand rest on her stomach. "How far along are you?"

"Almost two months."

"I'm so excited, Al. You have no idea."

"I'm excited too, honey." She smiles as he pushes her dress up to expose her stomach. "You're going to be an amazing, daddy."

"And you're going to be an amazing, mommy." He presses a kiss to her barely there bump and raises up to kiss her lips. "I love you so much, Al. Thank you for the best gift I have ever received."