Jealous

I got a request for Chic being jealous of Lindie but I can't find the screenshot I had of it, I got a few other requests from people wanting Betty/Chic/Lindie to be jealous of FP and Alice's new baby, so to anyone who has requested that, this is dedicated to you!

_

When FP and Alice first told Chic they were having a baby he was over the moon about it. When she arrived he was even happier. But now that she's home he's not having the greatest time with it.

For five years he's been the center of attention in the Jones household but now baby Lindie is acquiring more and more of his parents time and he doesn't like it.

They still try and play with him as much as possible but it hard when they also have to take care of the newborn and Chic doesn't understand.

Him and FP are playing with his trucks and building towers out of his blocks when Alice calls for FP. "FP, I need you!"

"Coming, honey!" He stands up and rushes to help Alice with the baby.

Chic waits for him to come back but when he takes too long he gets frustrated and goes to find something else to do.

Chic comes into their room that night and wakes up Alice by tugging on her hand. "What is it baby, are you alright?" She groggily asks them.

"I had a bad dream." He shakily tells her, his bottom lip quivering and his eyes filled with unshed tears.

"Aw, well come up in bed with me and daddy. We won't let anything happen to you." She helps him up into the bed and he cuddles up against her. FP hooks his arm over both of them as they all drift back to sleep.

It's three AM when Lindie wakes everyone up by crying and Chic whines at the unwanted wake up call. He buries his head in Alice's shirt when FP turns on the lamp. "Chic, honey, I need to sit up and feed Lindie." Alice tells him. He sits up and looks at his parents with a grumpy face.

FP hands Alice the baby and she pulls her top down enough to feed the baby. FP and Alice talk as Alice feeds Lindie and Chic hides his head under the covers to escape the bright light and the sound of their talking. He gets mad and gets out of bed, going down the hall back to his bedroom.

After Alice finishes feeding the baby she changes her diaper and tells FP to go tell Chic he can come back to their bed if he wants.

He goes down the hallway and peeks his head into their son's bedroom. He sees him passed out on top of bed. He smiles and walks over, pulling the blankets over him and kissing his forehead. "Goodnight buddy, we love you."

A few days later Alice and FP tell them they're watching a movie if he wants to watch it with them. He walks into the living room and sees Alice holding Lindie in her arm, she smiles at her son and he walks over to the couch.

He climbs onto the couch, sliding himself into Alice's lap, shoving Lindie away. "Sweetie, watch your sister!" Alice tells him. She passes FP the baby, letting Chic better position himself on her lap as he snuggles up to her. She wraps her arms around him better as she and FP share the same knowing look.

"Did he go to sleep alright?" Alice asks FP when he comes into their room after putting Chic to bed that night.

"Yeah, he was out pretty much the second I laid him down." FP lays down beside her and she moves to lay her head on his chest. He runs his fingers through her hair as they lay there.

"I think he's jealous of how much attention we've been giving Lindie."

"I think you're right, I mean him practically shoving her out of your arms so he could sit on your lap was a pretty tell tale sign."

"Are we bad parents? Are we neglecting our child?" He chuckles softly at her questions.

"No baby, we're not bad parents and we're definitely not neglecting our child. We're just getting used to having a baby in the house again. She needs a lot of attention."

"I just don't want him to think we don't love him."

"He knows we love him, we tell him multiple times a day, every day."

"I know but we're doing a shitty job at showing it."

"Maybe we need to have a little one on one time with him." FP suggests.

"That's a great idea."

So on Saturday night they put Lindie to bed early and plan to have a night that's just them and their son. They walk past his room and see him in there playing with his blocks.

They get everything ready in the living room and then call for Chic. "Chic, buddy, come in here!" FP calls.

He comes out of his room to see them and he smiles at what he sees in he living room. "What are you doing?" He asks, his eyes darting around the room.

"We're having a movie night. Just you, me and daddy." Alice tells him and he smiles. "We have lots of blankets and pillows to snuggle up with, we have Toy Story, Tarzan, all of your favourite snacks."

"Yay!" He happily squeals out.

They all curl up together and watch Toy Story. "See? Mommy and I haven't forgotten about you." FP tells him. As he wraps his arms around Both he and Alice.

"Yeah, baby, we love you so, so much."

"You are our most favourite boy in the whole wide world."

Chic smiles at them and reaches out to hold both of their hands, holding onto them for the rest of the movie.