Comfort

"FP comforting Alice and telling her he loves her in front of everyone."

Requested by EmmaMaryPL

When FP walks into the Whyte Wyrm he sees the last person he ever expects to see in there; Alice Cooper.

He takes a seat beside her at the bar and orders a drink. Alice turns at the sound of his voice. "Haven't seen you here in a while." He says, nonchalantly, taking a sip of beer.

"What do you want, FP?" She sniffles and that's when he finally notices she's been crying.

"Shit... what happened, Alice?"

"Why do you care?"

"Because I hate seeing you upset and it must be really bad since you're out here on the Southside."

"It's Hal."

"Not surprised." He says, gruffly, and he turns his body to face her completely. "What did he do now?"

"Who did he do." She corrects, that catches him off guard and he raises an eyebrow at her, hoping she's not implying what he thinks she is. "And the answer to that is Penelope Blossom."

"He cheated on you?" He asks, not bothering to hide the shock in his voice. She just nods as confirmation.

"Has been for a while I guess."

"Shit, Al. I'm sorry."

"He wants a divorce too."

"You're joking right?"

"I'm afraid not." She knocks back the last of her drink and wipes a stray tear.

"I can't believe that guy."

"What?"

"First he cheats on you, then he asks you for a divorce? He's insane, Alice. That guy has never appreciated you."

"Well according to him he's treated me like a goddess for twenty years."

"Like shit he has."

"Why does it matter?" She takes a sip from his beer and he smiles at the motion.

"It does matter, Al. You deserve the world."

"FP-"

"No, just wait, you need to that you deserve better. You don't deserve all that he's put you through. He's crazy to have cheated on you and he's even crazier to ask for a divorce. How could he let you go so willingly?"

"It wasn't a happy marriage, I can't blame him for wanting a divorce."

"Fine, asking for a divorce, I get that. But cheating on you? There's nothing you can say to justify that." He takes her hands in his own without realizing it. "He's a stupid, stupid man, Alice. He doesn't deserve you."

That very night she asks him to take her home. Asks him to make love to her for the the first time in twenty years. And he does. He kisses every inch of her body, treasures her like the goddess she is in his eyes. It's just as magical as it was those twenty years ago.

She falls asleep in his arms that and he tells her he loves her, whispering the words into her hair.  He hasn't thought she'd heard him, believing she was asleep, but she had heard him, and she fell asleep with a smile on her face, happier than she's been in years.

After that night they start up a quiet affair. Him sneaking into her through the back door after Betty's gone to sleep. Her sneaking out of her house and into his trailer when Jughead is asleep. And when in doubt they'd drive out to Sweetwater River and slip into the back seat of his truck just like old times.

One specific night when she sneaks him into her bedroom, she tells him she loves him as she hits her peak, and he's so shocked he can't form the words to say it back.

Afterwards, he holds her close to him, her fingers running up his torso to trace the snake tattoo in the middle of his chest. "I meant what I said by the way." She leans up so she's face to face with him. "I love you, FP."

He smiles and runs his thumb across her cheek, saying "I love you, Alice" before leaning in to kiss her softly.

They end up spending a lot more time in Greendale when they finally realize this is much more than an affair. There's no fear of rotting caught there. They can be as public as they want.

And they are.

They go out to a restaurant one night and he says he loves her out loud even though they're far from being alone. He says it multiple times that night and sneaks in kisses just as often.

When news of her and Hal's divorce rings through the small town of Riverdale they start spending more time together around their own town. They still keep a low profile though and as far as their children know, they're just friends, both going through marital issues and acting as a companion for one another.

Little did they know they were doing a lot more than just "keeping each other company."

They start going out to lunch together while their kids are at school. Going out for dinner to fancy restaurants when the kids are out on dates or with their friends. He's even ballsy enough to kiss her in public even though her divorce hasn't been finalized yet and the treat of being caught looks over them.

When the divorce is finally finalized he goes with Jughead to the court house where the divorce is being granted. Betty had been having a hard time with the news of her parents divorce. And since they both think of FP as Alice's "divorce buddy" Jughead doesn't question him coming.

Alice walks out, followed closely by Hal. She hugs Betty and then she spots FP.

She smiles and gestures for him to come to her, she meets him halfway and he grabs her and kisses her.

She's shocked and all too aware of their children and her newly ex husband watching but she kisses him back. Reaching up to hold the back of his neck so he can't move away from her lips just yet.

When the kiss breaks she smiles up at him.

"I love you" he says quietly and she smiles at him. But he doesn't miss the flash of fear in her eyes from him saying those words so close to their children. Who, no doubt, will have a canary if they overheard.

He says it again, louder this time and she grabs his arm. "FP." She hisses, warning him to lower his voice, but he doesn't miss the hint of a smile on her lips.

"I love you." He says again, and she just knows that the children have heard him now.

She turns her head slightly and laughs at the looks on the kids faces.

He notices too and smiles, pulls her to him with an arm around her body.

"I love her!" He announces, loudly. "I love her." He repeats, putting emphasis on each and every word just to really get the point across, she just laughs and wraps her arms around him.

He takes her face in his hands and looks deep in her eyes. "I love you, Alice. I always have." And he kisses her again, both of them ignoring the sound of their children's gasps and Hal's grumpy groans.

"I love you, too." She states and she just barely registers Betty saying something.

But they don't care.

They have each other back again and that's all that matters.