Loose Tooth

"Mommy!" Chic cries out from down the hall. "Daddy!" He sounds panicked and both Alice and FP are up from the couch in an instant, running into the bathroom to see what happened to their son.

"What is it baby? Are you alright?" Alice asks.

"My tooth! My tooth is coming out!" He's in hysterics and FP and Alice both stifle a laugh. They hate to see their son cry but they know he's not hurt, he's just got his first loose tooth.

"Let me see." FP says as he kneels down to Chic's height. "Open up and show me where."

Chic opens his mouth wide and points to one of his teeth. "See? See daddy! It's falling out, my tooth is falling out!" He's crying again and FP laughs a little as he wipes the boy's tears.

"Hey buddy it's okay, that's supposed to happen." He tells him.

"It is? Is that true mommy?" His eyes drift up to Alice and she kneels down beside FP.

"It is." She confirms. "It happened to me when I was your age and it happened to daddy." She rubs his back as he calms down, less freaked out by it now.

"It did?" Both Alice and FP nod. "Does it hurt?"

"It depends." FP says as he inspects the tooth, he moves it slightly with his finger and Chic jumps back. "Sorry. Did that hurt?" Chic shakes his head no. "Just feels weird?" He nods.

"What happened to it?"

"You got a loose tooth bud. You know how you have all those little teeth in there?" Chic nods. "Well, those are all going to get loose just like this one and then they're going to come out and you're going to get new big boy teeth."

"I am?" He questions excitedly.

"You are!" Alice says. "Keep wiggling it back and forth and let us know if it gets looser so we can pull it out."

"Will it hurt when you pull it out?"

"Not if you keep wiggling it. Just be gentle and don't pull on it."

"Okay!" He turns back to the mirror and starts wiggling his tooth again and Alice and FP laugh as they watch him.

A week goes by and Chic tells them multiple times a day that his tooth is getting looser and looser. And multiple times a day Alice or FP will wiggle his tooth and tell him it's not ready to come out yet, much to the boys disappointment.

"Daddy! Check my tooth now!" Chic says as he runs up to FP on the couch. He opens his mouth wide and FP laughs as he wiggles the tooth, shocked to feel that it's incredibly loose.

"Honey come in here for a second." FP calls for Alice and she comes out of the kitchen to see what's up. "Come feel this mama, I think our boys tooth is ready to come out." FP tells her.

She sits down on the other side of Chic. "Let me see." He turns to her with his mouth wide open and she laughs at his eagerness. She wiggles the tooth slightly and smile at Chic. "Well I think it's ready to come out."

"It is?" Chic asks excitedly and his parents smile at him in confirmation.

"Why don't you let daddy take it out for you?" Alice says to both Chic and FP and FP laughs.

"Don't want to pull a tooth out baby?"

"Not really, I pulled out most of my own when I was little and I'm pretty sure I pulled out one of yours when we were six." FP smiles at the memory, living on the Southside of town meant they lived very close to each other. They were best friends as first, which escalated into a teenage romance and now here they are, married with a son.