Uncle Fred

"Hey Chic, guess what?" FP says to the little boy as he walks into the room.

"What?" He walks over to Alice and she pulls him up into her lap.

"Uncle Fred is going to babysit you tonight!"

"He is?" He smiles excitedly and FP nods to confirm it. "Mommy and I are going to go out for a bit and Uncle Fred is going to hang out with you."

"Yay!" Chic exclaims making both Alice and FP laughs. "We can play with my trains and my trucks and watch movies!"

"Yep, you can play all night until bedtime!" Alice tells him.

"Is Aunt Hermy coming too?" Chic asks. He never was able to pronounce Hermione so he took to calling her Hermy and it stuck, not that she minds.

"No, Aunt Hermy is out of town so it's just you and Uncle Fred."

"That's okay, Aunt Hermy can come next time." He hops off of Alice's lap and runs over to his toy box.

Alice leans into FP and he curls an arm around her. "Look, I love Fred to death but he's probably the worst choice for a babysitter."

"Honey, he's babysat Chic a million times by now, I think he'll be fine."

"FP last time he babysat we came home to them making milkshakes in the kitchen without a lid on the blender."

"So he's a little forgetful. It's our anniversary babe, I want to focus on you and only you." He kisses her softly and she smiles at him.

_

Six o'clock rolls around and Fred comes across the street right on time. "Honey, Fred's here." FP calls for Alice.

"I'll be right down."

"Uncle Fred's here?" Chic questions as he comes into the room. FP nods and picks him up as he opens the door to greet Fred. "Uncle Fred!" Chic exclaims, practically leaping from FP's arms into Fred's.

"Hey kid. What's the plan for tonight?" Fred asks him.

"I got new trains!"

"Awesome!"

"And we can play with my blocks and build a castle and then we play with my trucks and watch movies!"

"Can't wait!"

Alice comes down the stairs and FP looks her up and down, smiling at how good she looks. He walks over to the stairs and sticks out his hand for her to take as she comes down. "I'm the luckiest man alive, I swear." She smiles at him and it nearly takes his breath away.

"I'm the luckiest woman alive." She leans in to kiss him and then hears Fred clear his throat to interrupt them.

"Children in the room." He says, making them both glare over at him.

"You're lucky you're holding my son or I'd drop kick your ass like I did in high school." Alice threatens.

"Mommy!" Chic exclaims. "Bad word!" He scolds.