Lipstick Smudges

SPOILER WARNING for 2x18!

She pulls into the parking lot of Pop's Chocklit Shoppe around 2 o'clock.

The day before had been hectic, with the play, the events of the play, Hal showing up and asking her to take him back.

She walks in the door, the bell ringing above her and she strides up to counter not bothering to pay attention to who's working.

FP turns and sees her and she's stunned for a moment, he had treated her so coldly yesterday, after spending such a blissful day together a few days before she really had not thought he would've acted the way he did. Boy was she wrong.

She quickly collects herself, not wanting him to see that she's nervous.

"Alice." He says plainly. "What can I get you?"

"3 burgers, fries, and a strawberry milkshake." She studies him as she tells him her order, he's acting strange, almost like he's angry with her. Did she do something wrong? If anything she should be mad at him.

"That all?" He asks and she nods. "It'll be ready in a few minutes." She lays and he walks into the kitchen, out of sight from her.

When he comes back he hands her her order in a paper bag and then walks off with a mumbled "have a good day."

"Alright, that's it." She says quietly enough that only she can hear. "Forsythe Pendleton, get your ass back here right now."

He turns on his heels slowly. Almost as if he's afraid to turn back to her. "Alice." he says, putting a hand up so she won't lose it completely on him in front of the entire diner.

"No, you're being completely ridiculous. First we sleep together, then you reject me, now you seem mad at me, so tell me, what did I do?"

"Why don't you ask, Hal. Seemed pretty close with him at the play."

"What are you talking about?" She asks, raising her voice, catching the attention of a few customers.

"Let's not do this here."

"Well I'm not leaving until we talk about this." She crosses her arms over her chest and he has to try his very hardest not to crack a smile. She's always been incredibly stubborn.

"Wouldn't expect anything less from you. Now come with me." He walks out from behind the counter and out the front door. She follows him, hot on his heels.

He stops when they're behind the diner and she glares at him. "Now that you've made me follow you around would you mind telling me what the hell you were talking about in there?"

"You and Hal. I saw you at the play."

"Okay, and?"

"And, what the hell is that, Alice?"

"He's my husband, FP."

"You kicked him out, Alice!" She stays silent, bites at her bottom lip, avoids eye contact with him and he knows there's something she's not telling him. "Are you back together?"

"No... I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?"