Drunk Text

Requested by: oopsleighmila

(I got this request a while ago, sorry it took so long, hope you all enjoy!) ____________

____________

"Mom! I'm home!" Betty announces as she walks in the door.

"In the kitchen, honey." Alice calls. "How was school?"

"Good, nothing special." She answers, sitting down at the kitchen island. "Hey mom? Would it be okay if I invited Jug over tonight? I know we're having a movie night but you know how much Jug likes movies."

Alice smiles. "Sure sweetheart, he's more than welcome."

So that night they have movie night and as Alice is making popcorn she gets a text.

FP
Hey, Al.

She decides she'll answer him back later and walks into the living room with the popcorn and other snacks. Part way through the movie she gets another text.

FP
Al?

She keeps getting text messages.

"Mom, your phone is going crazy! Is everything alright?" Betty asks her.

"Yeah, honey, everything is fine. I'm just going to go take care of this. I'll be back."

She pulls out her phone and reads all the text messages she missed from him.

FP
Baby.

FP
You're so pretty.

FP
I'm so lucky.

FP
Al, you're a goddess.

FP
I love you.

She realizes he must be drunk and texts him back.

Alice
I love you too, baby. Get some sleep.

She gets a text back almost instantly.

FP
I can't, Al. Come see me.

She figures going there is a better idea than him possibly driving to her.

"Hey kids? I have to go take care of a work issue, I'll be back as soon as I can. Will you guys be okay?" Alice asks the kids.

"Yeah, mom, go ahead. We'll be fine." Betty assures her.

Alice drives to the Southside to FP's trailer, letting herself in with the key he gave her.

She expects to see him completely plastered, passed out on the couch or something, so imagine her surprise when she sees him smiling at her from the couch, a glass of water in his hand. "Well hello there beautiful."

"I thought you were drunk?" She tells him, kicking off her shoes and walking over to him.

"No, baby." She takes the glass from his hand and brings it to her nose, sniffing it. "It's water, honey."

She narrows her eyes at him. "Then why did you send me a million texts?"

"I missed you."

She has to try really hard to fight the smile tugging on her lips. "I was with your son and my daughter. What if they had grabbed my phone?"

"Just be happy they didn't." He grabs her hand and pulls her down onto the couch beside him. "Now I know you're probably mad at me but I think you should give me a kiss anyway."

"You're a pain in my ass, Jones." She tells him, smiling as she cups his face and kisses him.

"I can't believe you thought I was drunk! Clearly you forgot I'm in AA, honey."

Her cheeks flush and she ignores the comment. "Well can you blame me? You were blowing up my phone, telling me how pretty I am, that I'm a goddess."

"I think all of those things when I'm sober, I don't have to be drunk to call you beautiful. You are." He kisses the side of her head and wraps his arms around her.