Bonding Time

Requested by: falicesfate

_____

"You wanted to see me?" Jughead questions as he stands in their doorway.

"Juggie!" Jellybean happily squeals from Alice's lap, the toddler adores her.

"Yeah, Bean that's your big brother." FP smiles.

"Come here, honey." Alice pats a spot on the bed and Jughead claims it.

"What's up?" He asks.

"Well I was wondering if you wanted to spend the day with me. Just you and I, we can do whatever you want."

"Ok." Jughead hesitantly answers, he's still not entirely comfortable with Alice. The boy was devastated when he found out his parents were divorcing so he wasn't exactly happy when FP and Alice got together.

"Great, why don't you go get ready and think of what you want to do?" He nods and slips off the bed to go back to his room. She sighs and leans her head onto FP's shoulder. "I really hope he likes me."

"Honey, he does like you. He's just still dealing with the divorce."

"I know, I just... I love you and I love both of your children like my own, I just want him to be okay with me."

"He'll come around, babe. Don't worry." He kisses her forehead. "I love you."

She smiles. "I love you too." She catches his lips in a soft kiss but feels Jellybean's tiny hands shoving FP away.

"My mama!" She presses a loud kiss to Alice's lips and wraps her arms around her, clinging tightly.

"Well, Jellybean likes me at least." Alice chuckles, kissing the toddler's head as she holds her.

"I love you." Jellybean corrects.

"What about daddy? We gotta give him some love too." Jellybean smiles and puckers up her lips like a little duck, giving FP a kiss, Alice follows suit.

_____

"Okay, where do you want to go kiddo? It's up to you."

"Pops?" Jughead suggests.

"Pop's it is." She drives to the chocklit shoppe and her and Jughead sit down at a booth. "Alright, kiddo, order anything you want."

Jughead's eyes grow wide. "Anything?"

"Yeah, honey. Anything."

"Can I get a burger, a milkshake and a hot dog?"

"Sure you can."

He raises his eyebrow. "What about some onion rings?"

"Oh Jug, of course we're going to have onion rings. Though I think we're going to have to get two orders, they're pretty good."

"Why are you being so nice to me?" Jughead questions and Alice's mouth gapes open slightly.

"Am I usually mean to you or something?" She asks, confused.

"No, you're always really nice to me and Jellybean but you're being extra nice to me today."

"Honestly, sweetheart? I just want to make sure you like me because sometimes I'm not sure you do."

"I do!" He insists, much to her relief. "It's just... never mind."

"What is it honey? You can tell me, I won't get mad at you or anything."

"It's just, daddy was so sad when he and mommy broke up. I don't want him to be sad again."

"And you're scared that me and your daddy are going to break up and he'll be sad?" He nods. "Jughead, let me tell you something. I love your daddy so, so much. I can't even begin to explain to you how much I love him. Believe me, sweetheart, I'm not going to hurt him or make him sad."

"Promise?" He raises an eyebrow at her, sticking out his pinky.

She smiles and hooks her pinky with his. "I promise." He smiles wide. "I love you and Jellybelly so much, just as much as I love your daddy. Never doubt that."

"Jellybean loves you a lot too, she's always calling you mama."

Alice smiles. "I know, it's because she's still little, she doesn't entirely grasp the fact that I'm not her biological mom. You don't have to call me mama though unless you want to, don't worry about that."

"Maybe eventually," he tells her and she smiles a little. "I love you too by the way."