Baby Making (Part 1)

"Mommy! Daddy!" Chic calls to Alice and FP as he runs downstairs. "Look at the new jammies grandma got me!" They've got dinosaurs on them and Chic is beaming with a toothless grin.

"Those are awesome buddy!" FP says as he pulls the boy up and into his lap.

"Very awesome! Did you say thank you to grandma?" Alice asks with a smile and Chic nods.

"Where is your grandma? Did you just leave her up there all alone?" FP asks.

"I'm right here." Alice's mom announces as she comes into the room. "We put on his new pyjamas and he practically sprinted down here to show you."

"Aren't they cool daddy?" Chic says excitedly.

"The coolest!" FP says and Alice smiles over at her two boys.

"You ready for bed now, honey?" Alice's mom asks. Chic shakes his head. "Chic, the deal was we were going to put on your new pyjamas so you could show mommy and daddy and then you'd go to bed."

"I don't want to!" Chic whines.

"Don't worry Julie, I got this." FP says with a smile as he stands up with the little boy. "You just sit here and relax."

"Oh if you insist." Julie says as she sits down at the table.

"Alright boy, say your goodnights." FP says as the boy pouts.

"No." Chic says.

"Chic, if you don't go to bed you'll be too tired to play with grandma tomorrow."

"Fine." Chic says. FP smiles and leans down enough so Chic can hug his grandma. "Night grandma." He says sweetly.

FP carries him over to the other side of the table where Alice is, knowing if he lets him down from his arms the boy will book it straight to his toy box in the living room.

"Night mommy." Chic says as he reaches his arms out to wrap around Alice. He gives her a kiss on the cheek. "Love you."

"I love you too baby, night night." She says.

Her and her mom watch as FP carries the boy up to bed, tickling him and making him laugh in turn making the two women smile.

"You've got a great kid there honey." Her mom says.

"The best." Alice agrees with a smile.

"Are you two planning on having anymore?"

"We haven't really talked about it. I'd love more though. He can be a handful sometimes, especially around bedtime as you can see, but I wouldn't trade it for the world."

"Well you're both great parents."

Alice smiles. "Thanks mom."

"I'm going to head out, I'll see you three tomorrow though." Alice nods and walks her to the front door. FP comes downstairs and walks to the front door to see her off. "Alright, see you tomorrow honey." Julie says as she hugs Alice. "And see you tomorrow as well." She says as she hugs FP.

"See you later Julie."

"Bye mom."

When she leaves Alice locks the door and turns back to FP. "Did he go to sleep alright?"

"Yeah he was tired, fell asleep after a few pages of his story."

"That's good." Alice says as she wraps her arms around him, him doing the same and pressing a kiss to her forehead. "He was so excited about those new pyjamas."