Movie Night

Requested by: MaddieWorthen

As Betty and Jughead are picking out a movie for them and Alice to watch, someone knocks on the door

As Betty and Jughead are picking out a movie for them and Alice to watch, someone knocks on the door. "I'll get that." Alice says, standing up to answer the door.

When she opens it her eyes go wide at the sight of FP standing there with a bottle of wine in his hands. "Hey, baby." He says, leaning in to kiss her. She shushes him and shoves his face back with her hand. She pushes him back onto the front porch and closes the door behind her. "What was that about?"

"Betty and Jughead are inside." Alice explains.

"Shit, they are?" She nods.

"It's movie night.

"Ah, I remember Jughead saying something about that. You think they saw me?"

"I don't think so, they would've said something."

"Well I was coming over here to see you but I guess I can't do that now."

"Actually," She starts, he raises an eyebrow at her. "you could just say you knew about movie night and came to join."

"Are you saying you want me to stay?"

"More than you know. Now kiss me because I had to reject it earlier." He smiles and his fingers wraps in her hair as he kisses her slowly, savouring it since it's the only one they'll be able to share tonight.

She opens the door and he follows her in. "Look who I found." She announces as she walks into the living room.

"Dad? What are you doing here?"

"I heard you mention movie night so I thought I'd come crash it."

"Oh, well take a seat then."

"Gladly. Hey, Al, you got glasses for the wine?"

"Well that's a stupid question." Betty quips with a smirk, referring to Alice's love for wine.

Alice narrows her eyes at her daughter and then looks back at FP. "I'll go get them." She puts an extra sway in her hips just for FP since she knows he's watching her go.

When she returns she sets the glasses on the table and looks towards the kids putting a movie in the DVD player. "What did you two decide on?"

"Nightmare on Elm Street." Jughead answers.

"Oh great, it's not like we live on Elm street or anything."

"That's what makes it fun." FP says. "And you live across from a Freddy too!" He points through the window to Fred Andrew's house and Alice laughs.

"Oh please, Fred couldn't hurt a fly let alone be some sadistic dream murderer." She jokes, then turns her attention to Betty. "Now pass the popcorn bowl and turn off the lights. Horror movies aren't fun with the lights on."

She pulls the blanket off the back of the couch and curls up with it, balancing the popcorn bowl on both her and FP's lap.

They're both so into the movie that they don't realize when reaching for popcorn they instead entwined fingers in the popcorn bowl. That is, until a particularly scary part happens and they both jump, their hands flying out of the bowl along with some popcorn.

The kids turn to them, seeing them with popcorn all over their laps. "Scaredy cats." Jughead teases as they turn their attention back to the movie.

Alice and FP look at each other and laugh quietly so not to disturb the kids. "Alright you spilt our popcorn and you're hogging the blanket, learn to share woman." He teases, pulling some of the blanket onto himself. He searches for her hand under the blanket and gives it a light squeeze. "Smooth Jones." She whispers, he smirks and turns back to the tv.

As the movie gets progressively scarier Alice finds herself curling further into FP's body. "Jeez mom, give Mr. Jones some space." Betty says when she looks over at them.

"I don't mind Betty, your mom's always been a wimp when it comes to scary movies."

"I am not!" She defends.

"Alice, you've been watching the movie through your fingers the whole time." FP points out and she narrows her eyes at him.

"I have to agree with Mr. Jones on this one, mom."

"See? Even Betty agrees." He takes the opportunity to curl his arm around her, letting her lean into him further to cover her eyes from the movie. Betty and Jughead don't seem to think anything suspicious of it so he keeps it there.

"Whatever." She rolls her eyes and leans into FP, pulling the blanket up to help hide her eyes if needed. FP chuckles as he watches her and curls his arm around her more, bringing her closer.

After the movie is over Alice suggests watching something funny so Jughead and Betty pick out some random movie they love and pop it in the DVD player.

Not even halfway through so Alice and FP hear Jughead's snores and look over to see him and Betty asleep together. They share a smile and Alice lets herself relax more, moving over onto FP's lap and leaning her head against the arm of the couch.

He smiles and runs his finger through her hair as they watch the movie. "I think you should crash movie night more often."

He definitely will be.

_

A/N
Thank you so much for 80k!