First Date

Requested by: Aw_too_Bad

____________

The doorbell rings, indicating FP is there to pick her up. She smiles and takes one last look in the mirror before going downstairs to meet her.

She opens the door and sees FP standing there. "Wow you look incredible." FP mutters out. "I mean you always do but-" she cuts off his nervous rambling by kissing his cheek.

"Thank you." She smiles at him and his cheeks blush.

He smacks his head as he gets out of his truck, trying to get out quickly so he could run over and open her door for her. She takes his hand as he helps her down and doesn't let go even as he leads her into the diner.

While in the diner FP spills his milkshake all over himself, making Alice laugh. "Shit!" He sighs. "Sorry Pop." He says as the man comes over to clean up the mess, handing him a towel to clean himself up with.

"Don't worry about it, I remember being your age and being nervous around girls." He leans towards Alice. "You have a good one here, I promise."

She smiles at him. "Oh I know." Her smile lands on FP next and his cheeks flush.

FP brings her home and walks her to her front door. "Sorry I missed this date up tonight." He apologizes.

"You didn't mess it up."

"It definitely didn't go well."

"It went perfect." They stare into each other's eyes both waiting for the other to make the first move.

He walks away and Alice watches him, begin confused as to where he's going, is he at least going to say goodnight?

He picks a flower from the garden and walks back over to her. Just as he's about to hand it to her he pricks his finger on the flower's thorn. "Shit! Ow!" He hisses. "I'm not doing great, am I?"

She giggles: "I think you're doing better than you think." She takes his hand and kisses the finger that was pricked by the flower's thorn.

He gulps. "You don't have to lie to me, Alice."

"I'm not lying." She tells him and he knows she's telling the truth.

He cups her cheek and strokes it with his thumb. He leans in to connect their lips but instead they bump noses. He pulls back and his cheeks flush as she giggles. "I- jeez, I'm-"

"FP, shut up." She laughs and pulls him to her, kissing him slowly.