Indigo [Analogical]

Purple + Blue = Indigo, And Indigoo is such a beautiful color. Isn't it? With that said, it is

STORYTIME!!!

Virgil was purple. Dark, brooding, Royal purple. That was his color, and that was his trademark. He was fine with it. Next to black, purple was his favorite color. No, his skin wasn't literally purple, he just felt if he had to identify his personality as a color it would be very... purple. That doesn't make sense but this is a fanfiction meaning we stick to whatever terribleness idea we come up with. So strap in and enjoy the ride, Reader.

While Virgil was Purple, Logan was dad, blue. A royal or Navy blue, dark like the neverending oceans beckoning mankind to explore. He was calm, collected, and he was definitely a dark blue. If he was any color, he would be dark blue. That color just so happened to be his favorite so it all worked out. Why this was important? Well, Virgil was trying to work on an anniversary gift for Logan and he had no idea what to do. He heard from Roman that Logan appreciates poetry so he was trying to make a small poetry book for him. Colors happen to be the easiest to work off of, so colors it is.

You are the ocean:

Swaying, Rippling, Calm

Blue.

I am the Storm:

Loud, Anticipated, Crashing

Purple.

That's a good start, Virgil thinks. Just to go ahead and describe what he was necessarily going for. Virgil then was stuck. Why was he doing something like this! This isn't his job! This is Roman's thing! Maybe this was a mistake... Virgil glanced over to the other side of his room at the Jack and Sally poster. They had a good romance at the end. Sally didn't care how oblivious or ambitious Jack was, and Jack finally noticed her. Happy endings all around. Then he glanced lanced over to the Spider Curtains. Every Spider had one directly above, below, beside it, and in all other directions. Those spiders were never alone. Virgil was taking optimism lessons from Patton so that was extremely out of character for him, but he was working on it. Virgil cracked a smile.

Looking at the curtains, Virgil got an idea. Indigo is the color you get when you mix purple and blue, right? Maybe he can use some play on words or some literary device to make it about Indigo instead of Blue and Purple. Like a Steven Universe Fusion. Indigo is the fusion of blue and purple. Indigo is the fusion of Virgil and Logan. Virgil decided to rise out that idea and see where it landed him.

We are the sky

At dusk, at twilight, in the early morn

Indigo

The Stars are our moments:

Happy, loving, wholesome

Shining

The Moon is our future:

Bright, Certain, Successful

Whole

Once Virgil mentioned the night, there was no turning back from the inspiration train. He just kept rolling with the stars and moon. Virgil didn't notice, but he had his tongue peeking out as he wrote, inspiration hitting him. Is that what Roman feels all the time? That sort of adrenaline of creativity? If so it must be hard to get that all the time. Super annoying to have it too often, but once and a while was enough for Virgil. Five Stanzas. Virgil looked at it, it didn't quite look right to him. He tried to add just a bit more before he would present this to Logan tomorrow.

You are my Logic:

Witty, Intellectual, Responsible

Lovely

I am yours

And without you I'd be

Incomplete

Virgil reread over that last stanza again. It didn't match the theme of every other stanza, but what's the harm in an odd one out? Virgil set the poem down by his night stand and ducked out of his room. He might as well see what everybody else is doing right now. He didn't even know if there was a Sanders Sides video going on right now. Who knows? Virgil just takes life on, one step at a time. Thank you again Patton's Optimism lessons.

Time Skip brought to you by Crofters

Virgil felt extremely anxious. Oh man he should have thought this through more. His writing sucks! He's not creativity! Why did he think anything he would do would ever be good?! Virgil stood with the pieces of paper in his hand. Wait, why is there only one? Right. Virgil trashed all the others except the Indigo poem out of Anxiety. Hooray for plot convineant irony! Virgil stood before Logan with his face flushed. He took the paper and gave it to Logan, his head bowed. Logan gently took the paper from his grip.

"Happy Anniversary, Logan."

Logan took the paper and looked over the poem. Virgil watched for any emotion in his face, chin was not expected of him. It's Logan, the Logical Side. What would you expect? He followed his eyes along the paper, trying to figure out which stanza he was on with the position of his eyes. It was obvious when he got to the end. To his surprise, Logan got a small smile painted over his lips. He looked up from the poem, proud as ever.

"You wrote this for me Virgil?"

Was that a statement or a question? The question mark would say that I'd was a question but without the comma right before his name that would sound more like a statement than a question. No pause, no fourth wall. Virgil but his lip and tired to swallow the lump of anticipation in his throat. 

"Yeah, I did. I love you Logan... uh, sorry it's terrible."

Virgil was instantly brought into a hug, even though affection clearly wasn't Logan's thing. 

"It was neither terrible and nor are you. I reciprocate this love and I wanted to wish you, no, wish us a happy anniversary. You did so by making me an original gift and that is plenty enough for me. I love you too, Virgil."

973 Words

I tried to get the word count, I really did, but I didn't sleep last night and I have a an exam today so wish me luck. Health Class sucks sometimes, you know?

Don't forget to make good choices and stay kind. Your words mean more than you could know. I'd you be kind, karma will give you some kindness back. I promise. Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva