Sleepytime [Rocani] (Family AU)

STORYTIME!

Roman and Emile were a wonderfully married couple. They've adopted three children, two dogs, a turtle, and a bird. Roman works as a songwriter and cover artist on YouTube and Emile owns a little therapy building at he front of the neighborhood. They've all decided to take Emile's last name Picani. Right now it is way past the children's bedtime, seeing as all of them are under seven years old, and the spouses were sitting on the couch. Emile had their eyes closed, breathing in and out deeply for calming themselves down. Roman, however, found himself unable to rest. He let out a long sigh. It's a full moon.

"Emile, how can you sleep when I'm wide awake?"

Emile opened their eyes and looked over at their husband, cracking a smile. Roman was whining like a puppy. Emile was about to say something else, but their oldest child walked down the stairs with a pillow in their arms. Both parents sat up as they saw exactly how red their cheeks were. The child sniffed and rubbed their raw eyes with their tiny little fist. Emile panicked, looking over at Roman. What would they do?! Roman was already off the couch as their poor child started talking.

"Daddy... Emmy... I had a nightmare..."

Emile let a large breath of relief flow out of their nostrils. Just a nightmare. They thought there was something big wrong. Nightmares are easy to deal with. Emile tried to smile warmly and Roman went over and took their eldest into his arms. Their child cried onto Roman's shoulder and he slowly began rocking them back and forth, slowly rising to pick them up and bring them over the the couch. Once the child was sitting between the parents, Emile reached over and kissed their forehead while Roman ran his hand through their hair.

"Don't worry, Alex, everything is going to be okay. Whatever happened was just a nightmare. Emmy and I are here. In fact, Emmy? Why don't you go get my guitar? I think Alex needs a lullaby."

Roman knew just what to do, didn't he? A true prince in shining armor. Emile nodded and left to go find Roman's guitar. It was in the corner of the room, so they didn't have to stray far. Emile walked back over with the guitar. Emile had no idea what Roman's plan was, but they'd go with whatever. Alex managed to stop crying and stared at their dad. Roman smiled and began playing a lovely tune on the guitar. Emile recognized it immediately. Roman gave them a small nod, signaling that Emile was the one singing the lyrics. Wow, a lot of fanfics with songs in them recently. Evangeline needs to get an original idea damnit.

"🎶Stars and moons and air balloons, fluffy clouds to the horizon. I'll wrap you in rainbows, and rock you to sleep again.🎶"

The very same lullaby that Emile was sung to as a chiod was being passed down to sweet little Alex. Alex stopped staring at Roman and started staring at Emile. Emile took another deep breath, trying to relax. Alex needed them to be relaxed and happy right now, so that is exactly how they will be. Roman gave them a comforting smile, helping them out a little bit. 

"🎶Teddy bears of pink. Ducks and lambs of white. Don't you cry deer, I'm here now. I'll be your night light.🎶"

Out of nowhere, Emile pulled out a bunch of stuffed animals. The secret stash was always hidden in the throw pillows. With every animal, Emile handed Alex a stuffie. Pink teddy bear, yellow duckie, and a white alpaca. What? He didn't have a lamb. Emile liked over and saw their two other children standing on the stairways. Roman noticed too. Emile held out their arms towards them, beckoning closer. Alex shared the duckie and the teddy bear with their sisters. The alpaca was theirs.

"🎶Stars and moons and air balloons, fluffy clouds to the horizon. I'll wrap you in rainbows, and rock you to sleep again.🎶"

The chorus again, just to refresh it in the momoey of the children. Roman almost messed up a chord but he fixed it just in time. Their twin adopted daughters sat on each side of Alex. Their names? None other than Sunshine and Raine. They chose their own names. Sunshine snuggled to her pink teddy bear and Raine nearly fell asleep cuddling the yellow duckie. Emile isn't getting their plushies back any time soon.

"🎶Smiles to cute the frowns. Twirling and tumbling in laughter. Someday life will always be, happily ever after.🎶"

This one was Roman's favorite, he couldn't help but sing along to this line and every single one after that. Roman's voice was a little bit deeper, but that's okay. Their harmonized the different octaves, making it sound beautiful. Just like their marriage. A perfect harmony. Alex leaned on Raine, who leaned on Emile. Alex was long gone and Raine was oh so close to falling asleep. Sunshine, however, had her eyes wide open. She was enjoying the performance her parents were putting on.

"🎶Never more will the storms come to destroy your little world. Never more will the waters rise 'til the mountains no longer touch the skies.🎶"

Little snored came from Alex, calm breathing all around. Roman and Emile both smiled as they sang. Finally Sunshine seemed an ounce drowsy. They had one mor echrous to get through, then it was time to get the kiddos to bed. After the kids, then Emile would drag Roman to bed with them. The lullaby was starting to put themselves asleep!

"🎶Stars and moons and air balloons, fluffy clouds to the horizon. I'll wrap you in rainbows, and rock you to sleep again.🎶"

The song was over and Roman stopped playing his guitar. All three children were sleeping soundly with their own respective animal tucked under their arms. Roman was grinning like a proud father. He should be proud. He was raising the three so well. Emile just smiled and picked up Raine. Roman held Sunshine in his arms and they left Alex on the couch. For now. They need to take two trips to get all three kids tucked into bed and wishing them nothing but the sweetest of dreams.

With a forehead kiss to seal the deal, the two returned down the stairs to fetch Alex. Lucky for them, the six year old was still sleeping peacefully. The two adults brought Alex up to their room and wished them good night, kissing their forehead. The magic was all there. They left their bedroom and closed the door. Once the door was closed, Emile as pulled close to Roman Nd brought in for a deep and passionate kiss. Once the kiss ended, Emile chuckled.

"It's sleepytime for us too, Roman."

Emile saw right through his game. Roman pouted, clearly not wanting to go to sleep. Emile just laughed softly and led Roman by the hand to their bedroom, where they can also enter the world of seeet dreams.

1157 Words 

~Eva