You Only Zing Once? [LAMP] (Soulmate AU)

Guess what I just watched. Go on. Guess. Use that title and video and fudging guess. I literally posted it on my profile. And it was a dang good cheesy romance kids movie too.

STORYTIME!

Virgil stuffed his hands in his pockets, walking along the street as he normally does. All alone. It's  not like he'll fall in love again anyways. He'd already zinged. He already met his one true love, his one soulmate, his one zing, and he died in a car crash two years ago. Virgil is twenty four. A widower. He misses DeeDee every single day, and knows that he can never move on. Such is the way of the world. You only zing once and that's it. Virgil decided today he would cope with his existence by just walking around like a background character in your favorite shojou anime, not going anywhere in particular. Just walking for no reason. Wow, that's edgy. Don't cut yourself on that edge.

Virgil was about to pass by three people on the sidewalk. Great. He despises going through these situations because he never knows how to ignore them without his phone and that was dead and at home. So Virgil would end up awkwardly smiling at them and just passing. That or run into one of the, because the sidewalk looked prettt crowded for the three of them, let alone for another person to pass by. Virgil didn't give any bothers, like Winnie the Pooh. He just kept his head bowed and pretended not to notice the three stooges. Suddenly... WHAM!

Virgil found himself stumbling backwards onto his arse. Of course. He should have known they weren't paying attention either and would just knock him backwards. Virgil didn't want to bother looking up at the three. He just wanted to get off his ass and leave before ruining their day even further. But nah. He scraped something on his leg and it wasn't kind of stinging. He shouldn't have fallen over that badly from just a bump. Virgil tried not to scowl, only to seem polite, and looked up at the three masculine-looking people who now surrounded him. Something was off.

"Hey, Are you alright? I'm sorry for pushing you over I just got really excited and was ready to take off running I didn't notice you there! I'm sorry!"

Virgil felt something in his head set off and go aflutter. The air around this person was so much brighter and had so much more contrast. He saw blue butterflies fluttering around his face, even though there were no butterflies. He knows what this is. He stomach sinks. No. Impossible. You can't zing twice. It's impossible to zing twice. You have one soulmate and that's it. Virgil got scared and didn't take the hand being extended out to him by the person wearing a blue shirt and gray cardigan. He looked at the others with wide eyes, as if they knew what was going on.

"Curious. Roman, Patton, are you both experiencing the same phenomena as me?"

Virgil's heart started racing. Now he could see blue feathers floating around this other person's face. Another zing. No. He's dreaming. This is an anxious nightmare his mental disorders we're giving him just to traumatize him, right? This has to be a nightmare. Virgil whipped around to see the third of the three musketeers. He had red hearts all around his face. Everywhere he glanced, there was high saturation and a bright cast. The world's had so much color. It should be dying out soon. But why wasn't it? Why was it three people? Why was he zinging again!? You CAN'T zing more than once!

"No idea, Lo. Uh, Pat? You should relax before your hand starts cramping. Our little Gerard Way Junior is about to have a panic attack."

Ha ha. Very funny red heart guy. Let's see... oh. Thank you Zing. Beside their heads floated their names. Kind blue guy who was the first one to give him a heart attack was Patton. Blue guy who has that voice of someone who was done with your shit a long time ago was named Logan. And red guy who was full of sass was named Roman. They all had similar names. Regardless, Roman was right. Virgil was about to have a panic attack. He was zinging again! With three freaking people! This is unheard of! Virgil whipped his panicked eyes back over to Patton when he talked to him again.

"Virgil? Are you okay? Have you never Zinged before? Or are you scared because this isn't your first time Zinging?"

The three must have understood when Virgil bowed his head to the floor after hearing that. Being reminded of DeeDee brought Virgil half to tears. The three looked amongst themselves. They knew. They knew why this was happening. They knew something he didn't know. Virgil looked up at Logan, figuring that he's the smartest of these three who are apparently all his 'soulmates'. 

"Logan... what's going on?"

It's already established that everybody knows everybody's names here. Nobody in the comments try to fight me with the worldbuilding. This is also my headcannon for the Hotel Transylvania Movies and why Drac was able to Zing with Eirika. Just listen to Logan. He is logic after all.

"Considering you've zinged before there is a singular explanation. Since all of our original soulmates have died in an accident before what I beleive was their intended deathday the universe compensated for that by bringing the three of us together. I would lead myself to beleive you have suffered the same fate as us three, therefore the universe pairing us four in a polyamourus relationship. Does that make any sense to you, Virgil? Or is my entire theory of the second zing preposterous."

He pressed his glasses up to his nose smugly. He's right. Well, about DeeDee dying way too early. Stupid fookin drunk drivers. Virgil noticed that Patton extended his hand to him yet again. Virgil took a deep breath, trying to accept the this fate, and being hoisted up. The high concentration and all the little emoji-like images faded. He went back to his regular vision. Patton didn't let go of his hand. Virgil looked around at the three of them and found himself in tears. What about DeeDee? What would he think? Virgil is just so lonely... this isn't a nightmare. This is a hopeful dream. Now all Virgil could do was hope this was true. Is this real life?

"I miss him."

Patton hugged him from behind as soon as the fragile words escaped his mouth. Logan and Roman both gained a big look of sympathy before approaching him. Roman hugged both Patton and Virgil while Logan just gave Virgil his hand, not being one for too much physical affection. Virgil could feel the love radiating off of these three. Virgil let the hot tears stream down his face. This is too good to be true. But it's not. Not that it's not true but not as in it is true. 

For the first time in two years, Virgil felt real love.

1172 Words

What is with me with these half angst fanfics? Lol. I blame sad acoustic music and rain videos I listen to when I draw.

Love happens when it happens. You can't control it. It's the most enjoyable when you just smile and go along for the ride. Don't force it. Don't hide it. Just have fun. All that matters is that you're happy. Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva