A Friendly Gamble [Loceit] (Casino AU)

Guess who is entirely in love with the casino/electro swing aesthetic again? Sammy Lawrence... King Dice... Grimsley... Dr. Facilier... even Deceit gives off that sort of vibe to me so why not expand on that?

STORYTIME!

Deceit was the head of the poker table at the Sanders Casino. He didn't have a real name, he just had a job. However, after hours was an entirely different story. He liked to bring his work out of the table and try to play a few games with his coworkers. However, not all of them particularly enjoyed his company. Patton was too sweet to even try to make a bet against. He doesn't want to get too close in hopes of not ruining the waiter's innocence. Roman was arrogant and fun to mess with, but he hardly knew how to play the games right. Besides, he's annoying as hell. Virgil just despises him. Enough said. The only coworker he enjoyed spending time was-

"Logan, care to play a game?"

The smartest man and the apex of the hierarchy turned around to see Deceit holding a deck of cards, shuffling it in the air. Logan was the floor managers of the casino, sometimes stepping in to run a table or take bets. He also keeps Roman in line and tells him not to let a hot guy win just because he's hot. Logan set down his glass of wine and made his decision right there. He looked stressed and could use a break. A friendly little gamble is exactly what he needs.

"I don't see why not. If you head to one of the poker tables I'll be there momentarily. I'll have Patton prepare us a few drinks to relax ourselves. A little wine won't hurt anyone."

Deceit chuckled, agreeing. He could use a nice refined wine. He took the dec of cards and brought himself back towards the poker table. While nobody was looking, he ordered the cards so that when he shuffled, the perfect hand would find its way to him. What? He's a gambler. Of course he's going to cheat! Don't judge. Deceit waited until Logan came back to shuffle the cards. Logan had two drinks of wines, however Logan liked his wine white. It's a healthy drink, just below the number of ounces the liver can filter through in an hour. They can sip on that for the hour until they finally decide to go home. Gotta take care of the body. We don't binge drink in this household.

"Seven card stud. No wilds."

Logan, too, loved to live dangerously. Logan carefully watched Deceit's hands, noticing how he weaved thought he deck as if thinking through something. Logan pursed his lips when a reoccurring show of red made itself up to the top of the deck. Deceit was trying to maneuver the deck to give him a royal flush of diamonds. Diamonds were his favorite suit, and Deceit went into detail explaining the meanings of the cards to Logan. One of Logan's favorite things about Deceit. Logan extended his hand.

"Give me the deck, you sleazy snake."

Deceit rolled his eye, considering that the other one was sitched closed due to an accident, and handed the deck over to Logan. Logan was a rather fair man. He was calculated and sophisticated, just what Deceit looks for in any sort of companion wether platonic or romantic. Deceit watched his hand guide through the cards, London Bridge and then build it back up again. Deceit watched carefully for any sort of abnormalities. He's a master at cheating, so he can spit it a mile away. Logan wasn't drunk, so Deceit figured he wouldn't cheat. He looked up at him dead in the eye as he shuffled, and as Logan dealt cards to him.

Deceit looked at his cards and smirked. Oh Logan, you can never change a cheater. Deceit couldn't use his poker face, as it was all tired out from work, when he saw that he had a royal flush completely made of diamonds. Diamonds are a suit of wealth and riches, as well as finding pleasure in the material things in the world. It symbolizes family and precious items. Deceit never had a family before coming here, and that's why diamonds are so damn important to him. The other two cards were strange. A jack of clubs and an ace of hearts. He didn't need them, but it was curious to see why the only true number he got was a ten. Deceit knew he had to show his hand first, so he spread it on the table with a cocky sly smile.