Can't Sleep Love [Royality]

That moment when you love someone so much that you can't sleep.

STORYTIME!

We've all seen the greatest showman here, right? So we all know the first two lines of the chorus of that long ass song, right? Every night I lie in bed, the brightest colors fill my head. A Million Dreams are keeping me awake. Whelp. That's Roman. And we can't gsruntee that every dream is PG so no details. His dreams all had one thing in common: Patton. Yes, the fanciful princely side had fallen in love with the goofy fatherly figment. It was so bad that Roman hadn't slept well in three entire days. He'd retreat to the imagination and create a romantic dream. The other sides must have noticed how flirtatious and romantic Thomas had gotten. Logan had questioned him, Virgil had snapped at him, and now it was Patton's turn.

"Roman? Is there a reason why Thomas is being... uh... Extra flirty? Is there something on your mind we can discuss? I'll bake cookies!"

He's so perfect and pure and wholesome and sweet and adorable and wholesome and sweet and pure and innocent and good. Roman felt the honeyglow rise in his cheeks when suddenly seeing Patton. He smiled warmly st him, causing his heart to flutter. Roman is always saying to chase your dreams, however this is one dream that he has found trouble claiming. Aall he has to do is profess his love to the fairest man in the entire world! Even if he's just a fictional character. He's the fairest of them all! How is Roman, of all people, having trouble confessing their affections?

"Perhaps later, Patton. There are things that must be done before I can share the most exciting news with you! Until I return, mío bonito~"

With that, Roman sunk out and vanished from Patton's sight. Roman found himself in his bedroom, which was imagination wonderland! Roman looked himself in the mirror and grimaced over his performance he just played. That was horrible. That probably wasn't even correct Spanish grammar! Roman shook it off and stared himself in the eyes, pumping himself up. No more waiting. No more losing sleep over this. No more Can't Sleep Love. It's time to evolve into romance! It's time to blossom into a relationship! It's time to do his job and confess his feelings to the fairest prince of them all!

Roman snapped and he found himself in front of a full body mirror. Another snap and he was wearing entirely new clothes. Not that his princely clothes weren't fabulous in every single way, it's that he wants to impress Patton! He flicked up the collar on his fancy jacket, laced with god trim and complete with cufflinks. His slacks were black to contrast the dark red blazer, and his pink shirt underneath with a giant rainbow heart over his chest popped out like a tart, fresh from the microwave. Confident with his look, excluding the plain dress shoes (men's fashion needs to evolve a little!), Roman twirled in the mirror and did the two little flirty finger guns, complete with a blow kiss. What on earth could be missing?

Ah, that's it. Roman smirked and snapped, the little jar of hair gel poofijg into existence and resting on his palm. He got a good chunk of the stuff and slicked his fringe back, making him look 100% boyfriend material. Sure, it's kind of corny and outdated, but Roman thinks he looks hot! Like a ghost pepper! With a click in his tongue he Had gotten the looks portion down. Now what should he present to Patton? With a clap of his hands a case of chocolates and a bouquet of baby blue flowers of a variety different species fell into his arms. There's nothing wrong with being a little cliché, right?

"Are you Cinderella? Because I'll chase you to the ends of the earth if it means I can be with you~"

Oh lord that's cheesy. But hey, Disney pickuplines are the best! Though Cinderella is a classic, that might not be the best one. Patton always did like the modern Disney movies like Moana and Frozen. And most pickuplines are too dirty for Roman's precious little Patty-Cake. Besides, Roman's delivery wasn't good in the mirror. He looked like an awkward sophomore trying to ask out a boy way out of his league out to prom and he turned out to be straight. Roman needs confidence! He has to be the Prince Phillip! (Not Prince Eric sorry for da mistake) He must woo Aurora!

"Are you Jane Banks? Because my name is Jack and I want to take you to watch the Lovely London Sky~"

Ooh, that one was good. Roman snickered at himself, proud of his romantic work in preparation. Thomas had recently seen Mary Poppins Returns again with friends, since Leo hadn't been able to catch it in theaters and Terrance came over for a visit. Patton adored that movie and loved the little romance between the two. Plus anything with Lin Manuel Miranda referenced in it is a win! Roman made sure his hair was perfect while humming the tune of Lovely London Sky before picking up the chocolates and flowers he previously set down on a table so he could rehearse his lines. Okay! It's time to end this Can't Sleep Love and turn it into a wonderful relationship! Let's do this!

The second Roman opened his door, Patton was standing there with the biggest grin on his face. Roman felt his blood go cold and his heart sink into his chest. He heard all of that!? And now Roman doesn't get to do any of the large fancy stuff! There goes all his preparations for an amazing confession! Now he can't be the cliché prince he'd always dreamed of being! Patton took the flowers and chocolates, teleporting them to his room because that's a thing they can do, and Patton gave Roman a big bear hug, nuzzling his face into Roman's chest. Roman started grinning and it only got worse when Patton decided to get in on the pickup line action. 

"I think your curse did the opposite of what you wanted. I can't sleep at all when I think about you!"

That was good. A real thinker. Patton always was the one to come up with witty puns. Hold the phone... Did Patton also have the same problem as him? Or did he just know all along that Roman wasn't sleeping? Either way, the pickup line was super effective. Roman chuckled and brought Patton up, nonverbally asking for consent before Kissinger him passionately on the lips. The moment was sweet and magical, just like a true cliché kiss would be. And sticking to clichés, the Nightmare Before Joy had to ruin it.

"Get a room." 

1124 Words

I'm obsessed with the jazz/Lofi remixes. I wrote this entire thing listening to one with a cafe theme and I just feel so happy and aesthetic lol.

The best advice for having a crush is... go for it. Well, not I feel it could hurt you. Figure out and wait a little bit. Learn about the person to see if they're good for you. If you think they're worthy of you, ask them! Worst case scenario is that you're strangers. Mid tier scenario is that you become awesome friends! Best case scenario is that you start going steady. What's harm is that? Just go for it! Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva