That Emo Guy [Moxiety] (Highschool AU)

Pengi11 and I are doing another prompt swap! This is theirs so be ready for an amazingly awesome cute fluff!

STORYTIME!

Virgil was an introvert. An autophile. He just hangs out by himself every single second of the day. He hides when group projects arise in class ans during lunch and recess he just stays off to himself. Just throw on some headphones and roll his sleeves over his knuckles and boom! Virgil is in cute introvert mode and nobody can get him back now. He doesn't even have any friends to get him back anyways. He just pulls off his hoodie when teachers ask him and pulls it back on whenever he turns the corner. That's just how school works.

Virgil is a good student... objectively. He has all A's and B's except for one high C. Stupid AP Chemistry. He has no referrals, just a bunch of warnings about his hoodie's hood on his head and participation. So Virgil has no real need to worry. He can just exist and nobody cares. He has no friends to hang with and he doesn't do any after school activities. He just goes home, does his homework, and looks at memes while listening to emo music. Why? Because tEENAGER SCARE THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF ME!!! THEY COULD CARE LESS AS LONG AS SOMEONE'LL BLEED!!!

Ironically, that's the exact track that Virgil was jamming out to in the corner of the schoolyard during the period before school where nobody is allowed in for some reason? Even though they are supposed to? Virgil doesn't care. The principal is pretty chill and that's great. The second semester was just about to start and Virgil was ready for it to be over. The black beanie and nail polish screamed that to the world. He was the school's tokken Emo, but no one bullied him. They were scared of Satan coming back for their ass.

Virgil was co fused when suddenly he was thrown out of the MCR hell by feeling something on his shoulder. Virgil slipped his headphones off his ears and turned around to see a kid that made himself see the world in a saturation increased by 25%. Virgil blinked a few times, trying to make sure this kid existed. He had roses cheeks and freckles, hair messy and curly. He wore dorky round glasses, yellow converse and a sweater vest, and kahkis. He also had this blue hairclio keeping his fringe out of his face and a big cheery grin. He was lookin get like he came out of a tumblr OC blog.

"Heya! My name's Patton! He/Him. The principal told me that someone named Virgil Urie would help show me to all my classes? He told me to give him this note. Do you know Virgil?"

Virgil sighed, taking the note and feeling himself blush. He was taller than this kid, but really skinny in comparison. He was kinda chubby but in an adorable way. Like, tummy and cheek chub with some thigh and bicep jello too. The kid had stars basically like that kid from that cartoon about the lesbian rock ladies. Virgil decided to be cool and flick the pass between his fingers, showing off his nail polish and smirking as if he actually had some sort of self confidence Inside of him.

"I am Virgil. And welcome to our Highschool. As long as you stay away from the sports players, cheerleaders, and anything involving the band you're going to be fine."

Virgil would flip his hair and be cool if he wasn't wearing a beanie. It was at that very moment that The front doors of the school unlocked. It was like magic and perfect timing. Welcome to fanfiction, it's nice to have ya. Virgil motioned to the door, stuffing his hands in his pockets and walking in. He did end up flicking up his headphones by instinct. The song was over. Lame. But whatever. Cute boy takes priority. Patton followed close behind him. Virgil didn't bother taking off his headphones. He's used to having to hear over the music.

"So, what's your schedule dude? I'll show you each class in order for the day. You can find me tomorrow because I'm too lazy to do tomorrow's classes this morning. I got Chem Homework."

Patton understood instantly and handed his schedule to Virgil, hurrying to walk up next to him. There were whispers and rumors starting, stupid bottle blonde cheerleaders. Virgil snickered. Wow, he shares two freaking classes with him today. First and third. And he can literally go and pick up this dweeb from classes too and walk with him and not be late. That's great. Ironically, Girls Girls Boys began to play. Awwwww yeah bring out the gays!

"Looks like you and I share two classes. I'll just walk you there when we go to class. Feel free to run around and go nuts. Seeing how you approached me of all people you should be eager to make new friends. Just stay away from sports nuts, band kids, and those friggin cheerleaders. But the drill team is cool. Have fun, kid."

Patton seemed confused. Virgil leaned against the wall, fixing his hoodie sleeves to go back into his zone. Patton instantly understood. Since clearly Patton has no sense of personal boundaries he reached out for Virgil's hands, not even flinching when discovering the many bracelets on his wrist (most of them are zodiac wristbands lol) and smiling so warmly and brightly it made the sun jealous. Virgil was definately falling into the gay pit of hell that is having a crush. Jesus take the mothereffing wheel.

"I get it! You're just like Elliott! Super antisocial and Emo! I'll hang out with you, you seem pretty cool!"

If Virgil had a drink, he'd be spitting it our right about now. Say WHAT!? Okay, first of all, who the hell was Elliott!? Second of all, someone ACTUALLY wanted to hang out with him? The guy that looks like he can pull a gun out of his hoodie and shoot the school a truck any given moment? Virgil looked up and saw a circle and phones directed at him. He kind of is the school freak, so of course people would livestream the show. Virgil pulled down his beanie a little bit, his blush starting to override. He still was holding onto his wrist, and that was enough to get Virgil's heart to beat fast. He is definately falling for him. We need Grace Phipps to start singing in here, because oooooooh boy this was a crush.

"I, uh, what!? Okay, err, Patton. You want to be around me!? Are you SURE??? Because People will automatically outcast you and stuff if you hang around me and plus I'm kinda the bad guy around here."

Patton pouted, not agreeing with that statement one bit. His pout was so adorable. Patton went from holding who'd wrist to full on hugging his arm. Gasps and pictures and flash was directed at them. Hello social anxiety, virgil's Old friend. I guess you've decided to show up a-fucking-gain. Spectacular. Virgil stared at Patton, mind racing a million miles a minute. If you use the metric system, well you're out of luck because the author lives in America and doesn't really care about saying kilometers and finding a new alliteration because the letter K is hard to alliterate!

"You've been nothing but nice since I met you! So I know you can't be a bad guy! You're my friend now and you aren't going to push me away like Elliott tried! I won't let you!"

Seriously, who the fuck as this Elliott kid? Virgil just looked around, anxious. Luckily, the bell rang for people to stsrt heading to classes. As the crowd dispersed Patton began pulling in his arm in some random direction with a giant sunny smile. Virgil cousotn beleive thst just happened in front of so many people.... maybe he will actually need to use the knife he keeps in the pockets of his skinny jeans.

"Come on, you promised me you'd walk me to class since we share it new best friend! <3"

How the actual hell did he say <3 in real life!? Virgil rolled his eyes, breathing out a smirk. He then pulled on Patton gently in the exact opposite direction in which he was going. Patton lost his balance a little bit, but used Virgil's lanky beanpole body to get him back on balance. He giggled bashfully, further securing the Cupid arrow in Virgil's hearts. Virgil felt Patton hold onto his hand.

"Come on, class is this way."

And this was the start of a beautiful relationship.

1420 Words

Hooray coot floofiness.

~Eva