My Sunshine [Royality] (Soulmate AU)

I'm sorry for not putting any advice or any notes with my fanfics. I've been depressed and sick recently so I never really found a motive. I, going to try and be better for you. Y'all deserve better than me.

When your soulmate draws on their arm, it shows up on their soulmate's skin. The same with scratches, bruises, and any sorts of marks.

STORYTIME!

Roman was staying up late at night, not even bothering with the world right now. The sky was awake, so he was awake. There was also another reason why he couldn't sleep at two in the morning: His Soulmate. This was the only time he could talk to him. Who was his soulmate? Patton Beau. He lives in France while Roman was stuck in America. Since Patton doesn't have international coverage on his phone, they used their arms to communicate. One of the perks of being soulmates! Once his alarm clock hit exactly two thirty, he doodled a little yellow heart on his left wrist and wrote in his gorgeous cursive writing:

Good Morning, Mon Soleil.

Yes, Roman took the liberty of learning a few french words. He was so utterly in love with this person he was willing to learn an entire language and loose sleep over him. Patton, on the flip side of the world, groggily opened his curtains to see his left wrist. Roman always wrote on his dominant hand because they had alternating dominant hands, it was perfect. Patton smiled after putting on his glasses to read what he had wrote. Patton took a baby blue marker from his bedside table he always has and scribbled on his right arm:

Bonjour Mi Amor. I hope you have a blessed day. You need to get some sleep.

Roman chuckled, rolling his eyes. He extanged the yellow for pink, trying to use the colors that perfectly describe the emotions he's trying to convey. He switched from joy to love when he extanged markers. Sleep? Who was she? Never heard of her? Anything would be worth it if he could only talk to Patton.

It doesn't matter. I just want to talk to you <3

Patton pursed his lips together. Should he mention it? He giggled to himself, imagining the incoherent scribbles that would probably proceed with him sharing this knowledge. Patton decided to follow Roman's code of using different colors with everything they wrote. He dug around his room for a green marker, which he used to draw a little doodle frog with a goofy face before writing the message that was a huge spoiler alert.

You'll get to talk to me all you want next week when I come to visit.

Roman stopped. Time froze. Did he read that right? Did Patton really just say that? Roman let a large grin overcome his face. What does he write? He accidentally created a large mark on his left arm. Whoops. He'll have to wash that off later so it doesn't bother Patton. PATTON IS COMING TO FLORIDA!!! HE WILL FINALLY BE ABLE TO MEET HIS SPULMATE IN PERSON!!! DO YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND HOW BIG OF A DEAL THIS IS!? ANYONE IN A LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP SHOULD RELATE. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMIGOD OMIGOD YOU GUYZZZZZZZZ!!!!!! Roman finally managed to scribble down a confirmation, not bothering to use his nice pretty cursive handwriting.

You're coming to Gainesville?!

Patton looked at his left arm curiously. That one abstract mark was bothering him a little bit, but it didn't make the message unreadable. He looked at his plane ticket again. It said that he was stopping in Orlando. He always thought Roman was in Orlando because he's always talking about theater there and how close Disney World is. Did he get the wrong ticket? Patton pursed his lips and alternated colors again, just because he could and wanted to match Roman despite the fact Roman didn't alternate colors last time.

Orlando. I'm sorry for getting the wrong ticket.

Roman watched every mark make up the sentence on his right arm. Orlando? No worries! That wasn't too far from here! Roman stsrted fanboy shrieking at two in the morning, probably annoying the hell out of his family and neighbors. Who even cares anyways?! HE WAS GOING TO MEET HIS SOULMATE!!! While freaking out, he reached for the yellow marker. He noticed how Patton was alternating and decided to do the same. Besides, he was so happy that the yellow was fitting. He was finally coming to Florida!

Orlando is only, like, a few hours away! You're going to be so close to me before you even know it! J'Taime Ma Fleur! J'Taime Mon Soleil!

Patton let his lips curl back into a smile. Roman obviously didn't let a few hours make a difference. Either way, both of them were excited to meet. Patton read over the pet names. One was the one he constantly receives and another was new. Since when did Roman call Patton his flower? It was really cute. But Patton would rather be the sun rather than a simple flower. Patton glanced out his window, still in his pajamas. It's almost time to start the day. He needs a shower and needs to wash his arms so his parents don't get angry again. They want him to be presentable in public. One of his dads is a total fashion nerd and he doesn't want to make his older brother feel bad because his soulmate never writes on their arms to him.

J'taime Beaucoup, Roman. I have to go get ready for today. You better get some sleep. Au revior X>

Roman chuckled, feeling quite satisfied with himself. Patton was finally coming to be with him. Roman turned off his lamp and laid down in his bed, heart pounding and mind racing. What would he do when he finally gets Patton right here next to him? Where was the first place he wanted to go? He just wanted to take his soulmate, no matter what he looked like, and kiss him passionately in his arms under the warm Florida sun. Roman closed his eyes with a sigh, dreaming of all the things he was going to do with Patton once he arrived.... only good feelings and happy vibes.

Then he wanted to murder someone when his alarm woke him right back up at five forty five in the morning. Damn rehersal....

1007 Words

Patience, young grasshopper, and you shall be rewarded. Good things come to those who wait. 

~Eva