Robot [Analogical] (Highschool AU)

Trigger Warning: Crude Language, Mentions Of Sensitive Mental Health Topics, Mentions Of Suicide, Mentions of Child Abandonment, etc.

This fanfic is not for the weak of heart looking for a good time. This is your warning to click off and to go read something happy. I will not repeat myself after this warning. Thank you for your time.

STORYTIME!

Every day is horrible. Every day is a day not worth living for Virgil. He walks through the halls empty. He goes into class not able to pay attention and sleeping half the time. When called on to ask for an answer, he does actually get it right somehow. He's so absentminded and he's so... mechanical. It's like a robot had taken over his body and taken away all his emotions. It was odd to everyone in school. So odd that they decided to bully him and make it even worse."Robot" "Emo Nightmare" and "Face Fucker" are all common ones. Why that last one? Somebody made a headcanon that Virgil likes it in the mouth and everybody jumped on that train.

Logan became curious about him when everyone's focus pinned onto him. He was like a specimen under a thousand spotlights. It was amazing to see how calm and collected he was and how emotionless he appeared to be. Again, he was a Robot. Logan has yet to make consistent interactions with him so he could be deemed his friend, but he wanted to get there. Not just for his little experiment, but he had a theory that his company would be superb to any dimwit what goes to this school.

Virgil was alone, sitting at the lunch table. People mocked at him in whispers and points. He just sat there. His back was slouched and he was staring at the half sandwich and apple in front of him. He had nothing more than that. Logan took the inaitive, not caring about then general public or rumors in the slightest, to walk across the cafeteria away from the chess club to go sot next to this curious person. A person who seemed to be a bit like him. Virgil looked over when he saw Logan scoffed, baring his teeth a little bit.

"Go away."

This response was only to be expected. With all the hostility he had been shown it would be likely that he would have developed a hostile attitude for others. Logan shook his head. Setting down his tray and took and taking his seat directly to the left of Virgil.

"My apologies, but I'm not going anywhere. I want to converse with you. You appear to be an interesting person and I could benefit from sharing knowledge with you."

Virgil flinched. This guy wasn't serious... right? Nobody wants to talk to him. Nobody wants to spend time with him. This guy must've been dared to do it by some wacko friends, right? He was only doing it out of spite just to humiliate him more, right? There's no way. There's no good that can ever come from someone like this. Nobody wants to be his friend. Nobody wants him here. This is just a lie to give his hopes up and make him feel even worse. Thank you, O Cruel Universe. You really do your job right.

"You're not serious."

Logan was confused for a moment. Of course he was serious. He was wearing a necktie. Everyone who wears a necktie is serious. Lawyers, some teachers, businessmen... it's a well known fact that neckties are traditionally worn for serious scenarios. It just so happened that Logan wears one every single day. 

"Of course I am. Necktie."

Virgil watched with a cocked eyebrow as he lifted his necktie to prove his point. His stone cold face made it even better. Virgil couldn't hold in a snicker. That was a good one. It felt good to laugh about something... first time in for-freaking-ever but hey it works. Maybe Virgil could try making a joke right back? Yeah... that sounds nice.

"Okay then, Professor, tell me why I'm apparently so interesting."

Aha! A perfect Segway! Logan was worried he wouldn't have to make things awakened to explain why he really took an interest in Virgil! Logan cleared his throat, ready to start speaking. This is all just for word count by the way. Just go to the dialogue. Spot reading this. There's no point. Just go read what Logan says already. Just do it! Come on! Stop reading this paragraph and read Wha for Logan says! Spoiler Alert: It upsets Virgil.

"Well you are able to mask all emotion and are able to block out everyone who negatively impacts you like an optical nerve block. It's like you don't even see them! Your grades are astounding despite not paying attention in class. Also you're a homosexual like me which is great to see I have a comerade here. You're so level headed and robotic and I-"

Logan was cut off by Virgil standing up suddenly. The cafeteria went silent and everyone looked at him. He looked around and then flashed a glare over at Logan. Logan was surprised to see his cheeks going red and his eyes watery. He flattened his bangs over his eyes and ran out. Laughter erupted from the cafeteria. Logan just sat there, confused. What had he said to upset Virgil? Should he follow him? What was the most objective thing to do? Well, if he went after him he wouldn't make the risk of balancing his emotions out and gaining  companion. However if he doesn't the school won't consider him a target....

Fuck the school. Logan, calmly and collectedly, stood up and walked in the same direction Virgil sprinted off to. He didn't know Virgil very well, but he knew the school peramaters and where there were gaps between security cameras. One of them was in a dead end hallway at the very end next to the bathrooms. It was highly likely that Virgil fled there. Logan's suspections were correct because Virgil looked up when he heard footsteps. He growled again, lowering his knees away from his chest. His face and tear stains all over it.

"Go away. You've done enough."

Logan pulled out his phone from his pocket and turned on some quiet, relaxing classical music. He walked over to Virgil and sat down decently near him. The music echoed into the bathrooms and out, making a peaceful array of sounds. Virgil was confused, and wiping his eyes pretending like he wasn't crying. Logan took a deep Inhale and exhale. He isn't a psychiatrist nor is he a therapist, but he knows enough anout psychology to try and help someone in their time of need.

"Psychotherapy is now in session. You may not trust me, but it is clear you need to talk about some things. I'd ask that you just let it out."

Virgil at this point was fuming. He was beyond angry. Everything was a tornado In his mind. Sadness? Anger? Fear? Why not have it all! Everything he had been bottling up for everyone in his life wanted to break free. Virgil didn't want it to break free. Virgil didn't want it to go soaring. Virgil didn't want it to go flying. Because all the stars in heaven are ones he can not reach. Virgil snapped at this stranger he only knew from maybe two of his classes.

"Oh, sure. What do you want me to fucking all about? Shiiit, I don't know! Maybe about how my parents abandoned me on the side of the road after I was born and I almost got run over by a truck on my first day alive? Oh! And how about how I tried committing suicide at least twice a year every year since I was three because nobody wants me and nobody loves me! Pills, gunshot to the head, anything! But NOPE! Every single goddamn time some optimistic stranger saves me, which only hurts me more! And we can't forget how I'm empty inside and I can't find a reason to be happy! Why should I be happy in this cold, unforgiving world that forced me to go on even though I don't want to! Is that enough talk for you, asshole."

Logan took a minute to process all of that information. He truly was a troubled human being. He definstely had some sort of trauma and some form of depression. He's not a doctor, so he can not diagnose him with those mental disorders. Logan watched as he began to cry again, hugging his shoulder to his chest and burying his face in his knees. What should Logan do? He isn't experienced with these sorts of things. These... feelings... Logan sucked it up and leaned over to hug Virgil. He at least knew that hugs are great comfort for those in psychological pain.

"I'm dreadfully sorry you had to go through that much childhood trauma. You deserve better than that. I'm afraid that I am not going to leave you alone here. You're either going to have to deal with me or run away from me. Nobody deserves to have depression like this or to have dealt with a childhood like yours. You deserve so much better."

Virgil stiffened, his back went up gay (because he isn't straight) and he gasped for air. He looked over at the nerd next to him. He was being sincere. For the first time in his life, someone sincerely wishes him the best. Virgil couldn't take it anymore. He went under and hugged Logan back, holding him tight. He doesn't know this guy well, but for the first time someone actually saw something good for him. Virgil cried so much that day, but at least he got a new best friend.

One he could have forever.

1616 Words

You always deserve to be happy. Always. Never forget that. You are loved. You are amazing. You are beautiful, inside and out. You deserve to feel good things. I promise.

~Eva