Best Friends Forever [Loceit] (Trans Pride AU)

FtM Trans Pride 

(female to male apologies if I ever got it wrong before. I know I used to think that the first letter was always the new/correct gender but I'm stupid and apologize for all past mistakes)

STORYTIME!

There was this girl who lived next door to Logan his entire life. Her name was Delthea and she had golden eyes and brunette hair. Her parents were people Logan was not aquatinted with for a very valid reason, but she'd always wear the colors green and yellow. She was snarky and smart, similar to himself. With all the heteronormativity shoved down his throat, he used to have a crush on her. A major crush on her. 

However, he learned later down the line that he was gay and just not into girls. Logan would confide in Delthea, and she'd understand. However when Logan asked if she had any problems, she'd say no. You know, like a liar. Delthea was a compulsive liar, but Logan never minded. Logan was always concerned for her, but secretly because he isn't the overly emotional type. But they were still best friends and knew everything about eachother, right?

"Logan... I really need to say something to you and I want to talk to you first because if I tell anyone else I know I'm going to be beaten into a pulp."

That was a... very interesting way to start a phone conversation. It was literally ten o'clock at night and Logan hadn't literally just picked up the phone. He was already wearing an oversized shirt and just his boxers. You know, pajamas. Logan sighed, reaching over for his glasses because clearly he isn't going to bed yet. He sat down in his office chair, scooting up to the desk in his bedroom. Time to be a councilor for his best friend.

"Name the dilemma."

Silence on the other line. All he could hear was the white noise of Delthea's bedroom fan. She must have been going to bed as well. Logan heard a deep gasp and a slight sob. Hearing this, Logan instantly went into protection mode. He stood up, holding the phone on his shoulder and frantically rummaging around for some pants. If she's crying, then Logan definitely is going to have to rush next door to comfort her. And sneak past her parents because those monsters aren't even human.

"Logan... I think I'm trans."

She started breaking down. Logan couldn't find any pants that weren't jeans or slacks because god knows nobody is gonna wear something like that after having the freedom of being only in your underwear. Logan decided to ditch it. Screw pants. He really needs Delthea to calm down so he can hurry over there and avoid all street lights so he doesn't embarrass himself and ruin his reputation as the top of his class.

"Everything will be alright, okay? You have my word. I promised that we'd be best friends forever no matter what. I'll be right over."

With a breath of affirmation, Logan hun up his cell and jumped out of his window. His house is only one story, unlike Delthea's. He walked around the back and grabbed the ladder he always used to sneak in. He leaned it against the house and climbed up to the second story, knocking on the window. Delthea quickly opened the curtains and let him roll in. Wow... they really were crying. 

Delthea wipes their eyes and scooted back. They were wearing a very oversized shirt and some short shorts that were very comfortable, similar to Logan. They sat on the floor, reaching over for something to hold onto. They obviously weren't wearing their bra and they didn't have any sort of chest binder, so they wanted something to press against. Besides, wearing a bra at night is awful! And Logan knows how Delthea's mom got rid of all the sports bras. 

"Hey, no worries. Now, do you want to talk it out? Some psychotherapy could prove benificial to doguring out yourself. Gender and Sexuality are hard concepts to grasp."

Delthea nodded, taking a moment to compose themselves. After a few deep breaths, they were able to list out quite a few details.

"For starters I hate my name. I'd rather be called something like Dominic, Donovan. Or Donnel. Yeah. I really like the name Donnel. It just feels right. I know how much you love going off of feelings alone but deal with it. Then there's the hatred for these orbs of discomfort that humanity stuck to my chest and called boobs. They're annoying and I just want them to go flat. People say I'm blessed, but I'm really not. Oh, and we can't forget the constant compliments! What a pretty girl! You have such a nice figure! What a sexy princess! And stuff like that. No thanks. I'd much rather be a handsome prince. But I'm not. That's why I think I'm trans. Happy? I finally told you what's on my mind. What do you think, doc?"

Logan nodded. That sounded a lot like the symptoms of dysphoria. Symptoms doesn't sound like the correct connotation, however it is the one we must go with. Wait, no. Ailments. Yes. The author is too lazy to go back and change it. Sorry. He watched as Del- no, Donnel was struggling not to punch the ground. He was clutching onto the stuffed animal he grabbed to press to his chest. Logan knew exactly what to do: what He did when he came out as gay.

He took Donnel and hugged him close. You know, like in those anime moments where there's a flash of the screen and then they're hugging and the crying person's head manages to get on the other person's shoulder somehow. Screw physics! Welcome to G Mod! Logan could feel how limp and unsure Donnel was, but that's okay.

"I think only you know. Nobody can say what your identity is but you."

He heard a soft gasp and holding back sobs from Donnel. Logan kept his stoic face, waiting to hear the verdict from Donnel himself. Logan knows, but he needs to be positive. Only Donnel an discover who he is for himself.

"I'm trans."

There it is.

1005 Words

Happy June!

Only you can say who you are <3

Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva