Behind the Seven Eleven [Sleepxiety] (Teenagers AU)

TWarning: Profainity and mentions of Emotional and Physical Abuse. Also mentions of drugs and other shit. It's Sleepxiety. It's a Teenager AU. Deal with it.

STORYTIME!

A lot of shit went down right here, behind the seven eleven. Virgil remembers when he was a nerdy antisocial kid with acne and a gameboy. Not anymore. It was at this seven eleven where he met his boyfriend and rose to power at high school. Freshman year he thought he was just getting a slurpee. He was the new kid and the freshest fish out of the water. He saw Remy standing right here, smoking something Virgil forgot, with his glasses flicked on and his phone in hand. Remy was also fourteen and he was only fourteen. Remy wasn't a nice kid back then. As you can probably tell, a lot of fuckery changed them.

Now Virgil stood here next to Remy, slurpees in hand. Virgil wore the hoodie Remy bought for him and Remy wore his signature black leather. He had a giant bloody bruise on the side of his cheek and his busted bottom lip finally started to scab up. Virgil felt like his wrist was broken, but it probably wasn't so they'd be fine. Virgil has some scrapes that will probably turn into scars, but that will make him even more badass... right? Remy wasn't smoking or vaping anything. He finally learned to listen to Virgil. He was smacking his bubblegum instead. Grape flavored because everyone else hated it. Remy was scrolling through his phone, like normal. What wasn't normal is the fact he wasn't on social media. He was looking up plane tickets.

"So, you think between the two of us we can find the dough to get out of here and move to Florida of all places?"

Remy and Virgil were Jersey Boys. Virgil nodded silently, taking another sip of his frozen drink. He let his mind wander in the silence of the night. This spot was their signature spot since they met. A lot of inportsnt shit went down here. Remy and Virgil's first kiss, their first fight, Virgil met his bitch of a dad, their first makeout, Virgil had his first taste of alcohol here, Virgil convinced Remy to stop smoking here, and Remy stood up to his Mom here. That's why they were so busted and bruised. They had to fight of a berserk of a lady who said that she was going to send them to hell for bein faggots. Fuck you too, lady. They're moving to Florida and they're moving to Florida ASAP.

"I got family in Florida, a cousin named Patton. Sweet and innocent guy. No matter our situation, he can take us in."

Patton will take care of them. Patton will accept them. If only it was that easy to just go to Florida. Florida was basically their Santa Fe and the couple is Jeremy Jordan. Virgil stared at Remy a moment, who was tapping aggressively on his phone as though he was texting. A single glance at the contact and Virgil went into panic. Virgil snatched Remy's phone and turned it off. He shoved it into his hoodie pocket and used his hands to block a trashing and mad Remy. It's not his fault he's so broken. Virgil can handle this, he can fix him, he can make everything better for the both of them.

"GIVE ME BACK MY PHONE VIRGE!!!"

"I'm not letting you even get in contact with those homophobic abusive asshats! They've hurt you enough already and I'll be damned if I let them so much as contact you again!"

Remy started calming down once Virgil took his sunglasses and flicked them away from his eyes. Now he could see his face. Now he could see the pretty eyes of his boyfriend. Remy started to match the purposefully slow breathing Virgil was taking a part of. Suddenly he watched as Remy broken emotionally. Remy lunged forward and took Virgil into a hug, treating him as though he was the most fragile and precious thing in this universe and that he needs to be held just right or he'll shatter. Virgil felt the shoulder of his hoodie growing damp. Virgil felt himself freeze. Remy was crying. Remy never cried! He was always too strong for it! This must have messed him up beyond any belief. Virgil hugged him tight, being there for any support his wonderful boyfriend might need.

"They're my parents, yet they don't love me. Nobody has ever loved me except for you, Virgil. You're the only person who has loved or believed in me. I can't leave you. I can't lose you. You have to stick with me, okay? Stick with me forever and ever. You gotta... I love you so much you just gotta..."

Remy went on, dribbling the same sentences over and over again. Virgil wouldn't even dream of leaving Remy. He felt his own tears weld up inside his eyes. Remy didn't deserve this. He didn't deserve to be behind a Seven Eleven in New Jersey with an Orphan and two sick parents dreaming of their only salvation which is raising enough money to get a plane ticket to Gainesville Florida so they have the chance of living with Virgil's older cousin Patton, who was too young to take custody of him when he needed him. This was messed up, this entire thing I said missed up. Why does it feel like he's in the Outsiders and the church just burnt down and Dally offed himself? Virgil felt tears priding from his face, so he wiped them on Remy's jacket. Hopefully he doesn't mind later.

"I love you, Rem. Always and forever. Now, listen to me. We're gonna find jobs and we're gonna earn money. We're gonna eat and we're gonna get our way to Florida even if it kills us. Ya know why? Because we deserve a happy ending. You deserve a happy ending for all the bullshit you put up with and dealt with. The Universe fucking owes us one and it's gonna pay us back soon. We just gotta get there. Promise."

That must have been exactly what Remy needed to hear, because his grip was starting to get looser and his eyes fluttered closed. He was falling asleep. Virgil, since he was eighteen, has an apartment and has a job working in retail. He never planned on going to college anyways. Virgil had Remy get on his back, piggy back style, before he was out cold. Virgil paused for one last second, thinking to himself. This spot behind the seven eleven... a lot of shit happened here. But he was ready to leave it all behind. They both were. Virgil shook his head and started the long walk back home. Tomorrow Remy can apply for jobs. 

They gotta get to Florida.

1129 Words

Anybody else crying because I am writing this. Wow, that was very... Yeah. I'm sorry I feel horrible for that.

If you are in a bad situation, you need to leave it or deal with it. You are a beautiful human being who does NOT deserve to be abused and/or neglected. You have feelings, you have good things about you, someone will love you. I promise. Don't deal with that bullshit. You deserve so much better. Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva