True Talent [Logince] (Highschool AU)

Next request by Pengi11 and I'm super excited for it! Are you? 

STORYTIME!

Roman was the confident theater kid who was also in choir who also was in band. Right off the bat, you know that Roman is talented. So when the Gainesville High Auditions for the Sophomores Talent Show rolled around you knew that Roman was going to be auditioning for several different acts, even if he really shouldn't try out more than once. However, Roman is also a kissass so he was able to convince Dr. Picani (former doctor who is the band director) to allow him two auditions with no promises. Roman already finished auditioning for his monologue, he just needed to do a few vocal warmups for his song. Since he had plenty of auditions before him before he had to go up there, he decided to go to the Choir Room so he can tune himself like a fish. Blame his best friend Patton for that horrible Tuna joke.

Roman made it to the choir room when he noticed the door was closed and light was shining through the little window on the door. Roman peered through and saw a guy who was wearing a tie and glasses. He looked like a teacher honestly, but Miss Valerie was the choir Director and she definitely wasn't a cute boy with glasses and a blue necktie. Roman watched through the door, trying to listen. All he could determine was the fact that he was sitting on a stool and he had an acoustic guitar in his hands. He was tuning it. It looked like he just got there. Roman felt his blood go cold when he heard his voice through the door, suave yet tenor. Roman fell in love right then and there. 

"🎶Wise men say, only fools rush in. But I can't help falling in love with you. Shall I stay? Would it be a sin? Yet I can't help falling in love with you. Like a river flows, shyly to the sea, darling so it goes, some things are meant to be.🎶"

Roman didn't point out the fact that he sung the song wrong, his voice was good. Too good. Almost him good. He couldn't help but imagine a diet with someone with that kind of smooth voice in comparison to his own bold, enthusiastic, powerful one. Sure, they're both tenors, but the tone of voice was so different they might as well be bass alto and soprano. Roman watched him shake his head through the window. Was he trying to pick a song to sing for the talent show?! He didn't know what he was doing yet!? That's pathetic and a waste of talent! And when Roman calls someone talented they really are talented. Roman was about to barge in there and be his creative knight in shining armor when he heard his voice seen through the door again. Roman wished he was in there to hear more than a voice muffled by a wall.

"🎶 I have no words. No words that can heal, All that is broken, Or for what they feel. No, I have nothing For this sort of pain. But we can keep loving, We will love in their name. And though some are broken, We will not be scared. You can't take away kindness. You can't take away care. But I have no words That can help with the pain, My heart's with the grieving Because what could I say...🎶"

Dodie? He was a Dodie fan? Roman watched him shake his head again before reaching for the guitar case by his stool and begin packing up. He looked defeated, unsatisfied, as if he wasn't an angel in there. Was he giving up because it sure as hell looked like it. Roman couldnt take it. He charged in there, not having any shame. He watched the professional boy look up from his task, not showing any emotion or surprised. Roman stood before him, cheeks puffed out and posture stiff. He had some very strong opinions he really needed to express right now!

"You're going to pack up just like that!? How dare you! Someone with talent such as you rose should be proud to showcase it! That song, No Words by Dodie Clark, you're signing that for your Auditions aren't you? Because I'll be damned if you don't! You're voice is unbelievably naturally smooth and calm, matchin the acoustics you covered the song with in contrast to the ukulele. Even someone as amazing a so me can only dream of having such a collected and frictionless voice like that to sing for calmer songs! So you better take that guitar back out right now and charge into an audition with your head held high!"

They guy just stared at Roman the same way Haruhi would blankly states at Tamaki when he was being an idiot. Apparently Roman's monologue meant nothing to this kid, who slung his guitar over his shoulder. He was cute. Scratch that. He was hot. Roman wanted him to take part in the talent show. He was truly talented! He actually had what it takes unlike 99.99% of this school! The other 0.01% was himself, obviously. THe boy sighed and looked him dead in the eye, brown eyes dull behind their lenses.

"If I'm talented then you're mute. Besides, I can't. I have extracurricular activities to endorrse myself into, such as Dual Credit Courses and Tutoring at the Local Community College. It would be a waste of my academic time. Thank you, Roman, but I'd have to decline your 'generous offer'."

Roman, dense as a rock, couldn't detect his sarcasm. Wow, his guy was a total nerd. But he was a cute nerd who could sing. He couldn't make it because of nerd stuff?! How utterly cliché and horrible! Such a waste of talent for someone with such a beautiful tenor to be interested in thins that have nothing to do with his voice. Roman actually felt his heart break a little bit. He didn't know this guy's name and he already fell in love with the concept of him inside his head! Before he left, Roman tugged on his guitar and pulled him back. He wasn't giving up on this little storytime just yet! He looked into his eyes and decided to add more dialogue to his character of this role in life.

"Make time. There are many different oppritunites to grow and with every new thing you learn you develop as a person! You're into that college and learning crud, right? If you take your chance at singing colleges will see that in your extracurriculars and see you can manage multiple things at once! You could join the glee club or take choir as a fluff class or something like that! Just don't let your beautiful, sexy voice go to waste! Never let it go to waste... uh... name?"

Roman was trying to be a gallant like the prince he was born to be, but he stumbled because yet again he realized he didn't know his name. Either way, something must have connected the dots so in the nerd's brain. He looked back in Roman's eyes, shining brighter with curiosity. His expression showed no emotion. He just gazed into those eyes for an answer. Those pretty, gorgeous, sexy eyes. Roman has fallen hard and fast. Roman is hella gay. I thought everybody knew this already? He watched the boy smile and stick out his hand as If he is about to make the business offer of a lifetime.

"Salutations, my name is Logan. I look forward to working with you on this new 'hobby' of mine."

Roman took his hand and shook it. Logan, huh? What a wonderfully nerdy name. Little did he know that this would be the start of the most beauitful gay relationship in all of Gainesville High.

1303 Words

I'm literally listening to a playlist called "Iconic" and I put the most iconic songs I have in it so I got a little carried away when describing Roman's crush. Blame Christine from BMC for that one.

If you have a Dream, Chase it! Nothing is ever going to be handed to you on a silver platter. Some thing you'd just got to work for, kind of like Triangle Similarity/Congruence Theorems and Proofs. You just gotta work for it! Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva