Coffee Date [Logince + Moxiety] (LGBTQIA+ Pride AU)

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH!!!

STORYTIME!

Today is June First, the first day of Pride Month. Since Summer had started yesterday, Roman had made a vow that every day of Pride he would take his significant other out to a date. His partner's name was Logan. They are an Agender Person of great value. They're amazingly smart and are a great lover. They are Asexual and Demiromantic, not that Roman minds. Roman, on the other hand, has no idea what exactly his sexuality is but knows he is a trans boy that is panromantic.

So Roman's stepbrother Patton and his enbyfriend Virgil own a little coffee shop at the front of the neighborhood called Brewed Hearts. They have a rainbow flag in front of it and it's very friendly to everyone, no matter who they are. Roman knows that Logan had never been there, so for their first date of Pride Roman decided he'd take them there. Roman smiled brightly as he held the door open for his lover, who was gazing at the pride flag in front now of the shop.

"Roman, I am well aware that it is Pride Month but taking me to a gay bar might be a little bit too much."

Roman didn't even have a drink yet and he thought he wasn't going to snort it all out. A gay bar?! Logan are you okay!? Did you have enough sleep last night!? Gaysus Christ they need a drink of water! Roman laughed very hard, almost falling over, and Logan whipped their head over concerned. Logan rose an eyebrow and soon realized their mistake. This wasn't a gay bar. This was a coffee shop. They misinterpreted the meaning of "brew" in context.  They blushed hard and looked at the ground in shame.

"Disregard that statement..."

Roman tried his best to calm down. Logan was so cute when they were embarrassed. Roman wiped his eyes and reached out for the door, holding it open for his significant other. Logan kept their head bowed and walked into the shop. Roman walked in behind them, holding the door open for a pair of girls walking in after him. He notices the awe and the smile playing at the corners of their lips. Roman slipped his hand in Logan's and waved at Patton who was making some sort of latte art for his Instagram.

"Roman! Is that Logan? Oh my goodness you both are so cute together! Come up here! Virgil will take your order and then we can have a double date on our lunch break!"

Roman sent a finger gun his way and Logan seemed baffled by it all. Roman nonverbally reassured them that everything was okay and started walking towards the counter. Virgil was talking to a new employee that Roman didn't know the name of. They had their face scared and had a slytherin pin on their apron. Once Virgil noticed that the couple was there worn the couple of lesbians behind them, Virgil had the employee go to their station and smiled at the two of them.

" 'Sup future brother in law. Let me guess, White Chocolate Mocha with extra whipped cream and chocolate drizzle? Based on your smile I'm going to say yes. Oh, is this the special person you won't shut up about? Welcome to our little coffee shop! Whaddya want?"

Logan seemed dazed by everything. There were so many things on the menu and you could request signature coffee art made by Patton. There was also a brewer's special signed with the special name Deceit for the day. That must be the alias that the new person must go under. Roman smirked when he noticed Logan giving goo goo eyes at the mint chocolate chip frappé. It's a summer special signed by the new guy. Logan obviously wanted it, but was probably worried about the price. Roman rolled his eyes and answered for him.

"He wants the mint chocolate chip. Make the chocolate extra dark." 

Logan pursed their lips, their boyfriend knew them so well. Virgil punched in the order and gave the two the family discounts. They sent them on their way and Roman led them to a table by the window. Logan sat down and noticed the little vase with a single blue flower in between them. This must Ben one of the date tables. There was a little sticker underneath the vase that was a rainbow heart. Roman watched Logan smile, which warmed his heart. 

Roman bit his lip when he heard Girls/Girls/Boys come on overhead. Of course Virgil would put it on just to egg him on. Virgil knows that Roman sings this in the shower all the time. Yes, before you ask, Virgil does live with Roman and Patton. The girls actually sat down in the table next to them as the new guy gave them their drink so instantly. Logan pursed their lips again, growing impatient. Roman reached across for their hands and kissed their knuckles, causing them to have a big bloosh. How cute~

"How is this place for a date? Pretty cool, right? My brother did a great job building this place."

Logan seemed shocked. They didn't know that Roman's brother ran a coffee shop? Well, all he did say is that he ran his own business with his spouse. Logan looked around and as if perfect timing, Patton came by with the two cups. He passed them out with a warm smile, an Agender pride sticker on the cup. Personalized just for Logan. Roman also had a Trans Pride sticker on his cup. Patton does pay attention to detail, owning stickers for every pride flag he could for the customers of this place. This shop was built to promote acceptance and love, after all.

"Here you go! Just for you! It's nice to meet you, Logan. Virgil and I would join you if we could, but we are a little short on staff. Maybe tonight we can look forward to getting to know you better!"

With that, Patton shot them a childish wink and went back to go do some more latte art for the customers. Virgil also sent a peace sign and the new guy have a snap and finger guns. Hey! That's Roman's thing! Roman watched the light catch onto Logan's face, shining a tear caught in their eye. Roman knows that they didn't come from the most accepting home, but he didn't expect Logan to cry! Roman, being the concerned boyfriend he was, reached across and grabbed their hands. Logan's eyes were wet behind the glass panels that allowed him to see. The two little looking glasses on his Alice. He tried to smile so that they would too.

"Welcome home, Mi Amor. Nos Amor Tu~"

For the first time in a while, Logan cried. But they weren't sad tears. They were happy tears. And Logan had never before been so happy they'd cry. Roman reached across the table, took off their glasses, and wiped their tears away. This is how happy acceptance can be. If only everyone could experience this love and share it with everyone else.

1180 Words

Happy pride month! Don't forget to spread the love! Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva