Romance Anxiety [Moxiety]

I kinda inspired this on this girl in real life who I know. The staring thing that is. I don't think she likes me and I don't like her that way and we're platonic, but I thought it was a good concept. (Sorry this took so long.)

STORYTIME!!!

When Patton isn't looking, Virgil can't help but stare at him.He was just so... so... amazing. Yeah. Virgil isn't good with words, okay! He is Anxiety, not Creativity! Stop laughing behind the screen! Or monitor. Stop it! Anyways, back to the story. Virgil just couldn't help himself but watch Patton carefully. Whatever he was doing, what facial expressions he was pulling (the different variations of smiles), listening for those low key awful Dad jokes, exetera. Virgil just wanted to watch him. He was in love with him, he knew it. But Virgil is literally Anxiety so the chance of him actually going up to him to talk to him about it was, like, infinity to point zero zero zero one. In not-Logan terms: Not gonna happen. That's fine though. Virgil was perfectly content in watching over him. You know, kind of like a guardian angel. Besides, there's no way Patton also liked him that way. He's Morality! Not happening.

Meanwhile in Patton's mind, he was aware. He knew Virgil always stared at him but whenever he looked his direction he would avert his gaze. At first he thought it was because he did something wrong, but after consulting both the master of logic and the master of creativity in this mindspace they both assured him Virgil was just still anxious. Patton tries his best to be inclusive of him and shout him out and make him comfortable, but he always seems flustered. Sure, Patton knows that he is literally the embodiment of anxiety, but he's his happy pappy Patton! He doesn't need to be nervous around him! It kind of makes him a little bit sad that Virgil isn't comfortable with him yet. He didn't really know why, but he always loved the idea of Virgil just randomly hugging him or walking up to him or the idea of him holding his hand. He didn't know why he felt these things, he just did.

Patton felt his eyes on him again. Virgil. He turned around  but he saw nobody. He was just grabbing a snack from the kitchen before he had to make dinner in a handful of hours. He didn't realize anybody was out of their room.  It's kind of Lazy Sunday. Patton knew Virgil was somehwere, so he decided to look for him! Literally he looked around the corner of the wall and Virgil was standing against it, head facing toward the ceiling and with an entirely flushed face that would make Roman's Sash jealous.

"Virgil! There you are! Everything okay?"

Virgil was halfway to a heart attack. He hated being caught by Patton when he was staring, but now he followed him around the corner? Was he going to mock him? Was this social anxiety PLUS a crush going to tip him over the edge and cause him a panic attack? Most likely to both of those questions that actually need answers because here Patton was, followed him around the corner. Virgil looked into his eyes. He wore a smile. He looked genuinely happy to see him. But that's obviously platonic, right? It's Patton. Virgil doesn't even think he cares about having a romantic relationship for himself. You know, like the Nerd and the Jock have. He should probably just lie. Yeah. Lying sounds good right about now.

"Yeah. Just didn't expect you to, you know..."

Virgil trailed off, not wanting to finish that statement. Patton saw that his friends seemed a little bit down. That's no good! Patton should probably think of something to do that would cheer up his precious edgy boy! Patton paused thoughtfully for a moment before the idea struck him. That's it! Everybody loves pillow forts! They can make a pillow fort and watch a bunch of cute movies or listen to music together. Maybe they could cuddle too? A warm fluttery feeling flew in his chest at the thought. Yeah! That sounds like the perfect idea for how to cheer him up! ... and maybe appease his selfish desires!

"Follow me! I got an idea!"

Suddenly, Patton grabbed Virgil's wrist and led him to the Living Room area of the mindspace. Virgil didn't focus on where he was going. His gaze stuck into his wrist with Patton's hand wrapped around it. He was leading him by the hand. Well, in a way. Virgil felt his heart racing as he pried his eyes away, looking at the back of Patton's head. What was he planning in that beautiful mind of his? Patton let him go all too soon and he grabbed a bunch of pillows from the couch, throwing them on the floor. Then he went to go get some blankets. Virgil took this as an opportunity to summon one of his favorite stuffed animals (one from Thomas's youth that he refused to sleep without). It was a sock monkey named Mister Snuggles. Virgil hid Mister Snuggles in his hoodie when Patron got back. He threw all the blankets on the floor and flashed a giant grin up at Virgil. Yep. With each smile Virgil feel deeper and deeper in love with the moral side.

"We can make a blanket fort and listen to lots of songs Dodie and Ben sing! Doesn't that sound fun?"

Patton proposed his idea, excited and giddy. He noticed how Virgil's chest was oddly misshapen. He ignored it for now. He could always figure out what he stuffed down his shirt later. It's probably a stuffed animal. Cute fun fact: Virgil can't sleep without a stuffed animal from Thomas's childhood. It gives him comfort. Knowing Virge, it was probably Mister Snuggles. Virgil just nodded his head and he got on his knees, gathering the pillows. Patton grinned and got on his knees to join him. This was going to be the best pillow fort in the history of forever and ever!

Bonus Ending:) 

Logan came into the shared space of the mindspace to find a giant blanket fort in the middle name of the living area. Logan was going to check on the process of dinner but found nobody in the kitchen. He creeped over silently towards the fort and saw Virgil and Patton within its walls. Patton was holding Virgil close while Virgil snuggled up to a sock Monkey. Logan cracked a smile and returned to his room. But before that he should forewarn Roman that he was on his own for dinner tonight because of two things. One:) Logan refuses to wake the two sweethearts up. Two:) Logan can't cook. It's not his thing.

But dangit those two were adorable together.

1138 Words

I'm sorry this was so late! I got caught in geometry homework and I was working on characterizing my two roles I got in theater. I get to be a Dad who is basically Patton so that's a huge score in my book! 

Thanks for reading and remember that even when the dark comes crashing through. When you need a friend to carry you. When you're broken and on the ground. You will be found. Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva