A Mayor's Dream [Remile] (LGBTQA+ Pride AU)

If you can't tell, I've been really into animal crossing. Blame Smash Ultimate and Pocket Camp for that one.

This one is made for a special person I won't tag just in case they have privacy issues. But they're Genderfluid. Emm/Emile/Emily for Picani. They also told me what pronouns they use today. Emm for Picani. I made this especially for them so they could smile.

I hope you enjoy this and I hope I depict this correctly.

STORYTIME!

Emm looked at the clock, wishing today could go by. They didn't like how the world was towards people like them. Emm was Genderfluid, using a different name for each identity. Some days Emily as a girl, others Emile was a boy, and sometimes like today Emm is non-binary. They didn't have any patients for the next hour and fifteen minutes, so they decided to get lost in their mind. That's when the thought crossed them. There was a game they used through their childhood for days that weren't male days where they could simply escape. Emm pulled out their 3ds and opened Animal Crossing New Leaf.

Emm made their little character an OC of theirs. A little pink haired person using the male body with pink hair and more feminine clothing just to make them as neutral as possible. Emm names the little character Flamingo, because of the pink hair. Emm was greeted back with Isabelle smiling at them. Emm couldn't describe the warmth and nostalgia brightening their emotions and making them so happy. Emm entered the world of Animal Crossing, where they could just exist in the calm music and run a town.

What would it be like to live in Animal Crossing, the mayor of their own town? First things first, Emm would make a law that everyone would be accepted, no matter their gender or sexuality. Unless it's a joke like an attack helicopter. That's not a real gender identity. That stuff lowkey bothers Emm, but they know it's just a joke so they try to take it lightly. The Town's name coild be Picaniville, just like the in game name Emm chose. The town flag would be a mix of their personal Genderfluid flag and their boyfriend, Remy's, trans flag. It would look really cool with the pink, blue, purple, black, and white. Speaking of Remy... what would their life together be in their town?

Emm stopped playin good the game, imagining what they would be like in Picaniville. A Nice big house with cute paste, wallpapers and dark green flooring sounds right. They can live near the dock so they can easily travel on Kapp'n's boat and hear all his wonderful songs. Remy would love to go to the Able sisters' shop and would probably work there with them. Remy does love his fashion and Tom Nook would probably argue with him a lot. Emm laughed at the idea, moving around the little character to go visit the Able Sisters. They always did love creating their own clothes in their store.

Emm'a mind drifted away when thinking about being in that town with Remy.  There are so many date oppritunities. There's so much to do. There's so many different people. There's so much fun to be had. And if Emm was the mayor like they dreamed, they could live in a perfect world of their design. They could farm load so of fruits and go digging for fossils. They can catch bugs together and walk along the shore, collecting seashells. They would walk around town, being friendly with all the neighbors. Emm won't have to be ashamed of themselves for wearing different clothing every day. They could be themselves. Remy could be themselves. Everyone can just be themselves in Picaniville.

A knock on the door disrupted Emm from their daydream. Panicked, they looked at the clock. They still had half an hour before the next patient? Who could be at the door? Emm stood up, turning off the 3ds without bothering to save, and walked to the door. Emm forgot all about Resetti. Emm opened the door and was shocked to see Remy there, holding up two drinks. One was obviously his, it's halfway gone, while the other was Emm's geeen tea they always ask for. Emm grinned and threw themselves into their boyfriend's arms.

"Woah, easy Tiger. Let me set these down on the table before you spill something."

Emm giggled, flaunting off the green tie they wore to show their non-binary status today, as Remy set down the two Starbucks drinks. Remy caught the tie out of the corner of his eye, making a mental note to use neutral pronouns for his significant other today. Emm wasn't expecting Remy to visit at all! Emm was so freakin happy! Especially after daydreaming about him for so long! You do the math, Reader. No wait. That's cruel. It's Saturday. Emm spent forty five minutes daydreaming about Picaniville and living with Remy in eternal bliss.

"Okay. We're sister set. Come here lovebug."

Emm flung themselves back into Remy's arms, getting a giant bear hug from their loving sassy gay boyfriend. They love big squeezing hugs, just like this one. Remy kissed Emm's forehead a few times, just taking in their significant other entirely. They're so in love. They're relationship goals. The two of them are working on getting married, but it's hard because of their gender identities to get someone to give them a proper marriage license. Lots of transphobes and crappy people here. Maybe Emm could share this daydream with their boyfriend? Maybe that could be fun?

"Hey, Remy? What if we lived in a place where people accepted us and we could live on the beach and be happy together? Doesn't that sound amazing?"

Emm felt Remy squeeze Emm hard. Is everything okay? Remy kissed the top of Emm's forehead. Today wasn't  good day for Remy. Not only was he called a faggot for being a male in the fashion industry, but he was also called a bunch of other worse slurs for being a trans boy. The worst part of it all is that they criticized and made fun of Emm a lot too. That's what made him snap. Remy was actually banned from returning to that facility for a few days because he accidentally sent a Man to a hospital. Right now, Remy wished for that reality more than anything in the entire world. A quiet happy life with Emm where they can be themselves in s world of their own design would be heaven. A Million Dreams would come true. And yes, before you ask, that's a Greatest Showman Reference. 

"That sounds like a dream, Emm. Hey, I came here to spend time with the most precious person in the world to me. Why don't we watch a cartoon or something on my phone? I wanna snuggle~"

Emm laughed and grabbed Remy's wrist with their left hand and the drink that was for them with the right. They sat down together on the couch normally used for snuggling and Emm leaned in close to Remy. Instead of pulling up a cartoon, Remy pulled up an hour long playlist of calm Animal Crossing music. Emm was obviously confused, but didn't say anything. Remy began running his hands through their hair lovingly, trying to wipe all the worries and cares of this world away. After all, they don't need any more heartbreak and abandonment in their life. Remy held Emm close, not wanting to let go of them. 

"Just cuddle with me for a while, please? Today was sister stressful."

Emm nodded, obliging to their boyfriend's request. If he was stressed out Emm was more than happy to cuddle with him until he feels better! Emm closed their eyes and began to dream again of Picaniville. Sitting on the shore, splashing the water with their feet, and talking about how wonderful it is to finally be accepted.

If only real life was like that.

1238 Words

Brothas, Sisters, And Children that are neither ma'ams Or misters, listen to me. You are beautiful and deserve to be treated with respect no matter your identity. We can come together and create a world we all can live in if we work hard enough. We need to find the people who accept us and stay strong in the face of those who are ignorant and close minded. We need to remember that this is who we are and we matter. You matter. You are loved. Stay strong. I love you. 

~Eva