Bullied [Logince] (Children AU)

Logan was an unexpected pregnancy from a teenage girl. He was abandoned and now is raised by a single mother who is too busy working her job to even take care of him properly.

And this, is where our story begins.

Logan, the quietest kid in class, sat alone every day at recess. He was in grade six, so they still had thirty minutes to themselves in the schoolyard. Logan was placed in all accelerated learning courses that there was to offer in sixth grade and he completeled the work with ease. This was nothing. Logan had far more important things to deal with. Like the cruelty of the other kids in this school. The bullying and the poor status effects he had to deal with himself. Logan's eyes were sunken and his whole body was just skin and bones. Anybody who passed by never failed to let him know.

"Computer!" They call him. "Robot!" They shout. "He'll never be human like us!" The Words rant in his ears every day. They called him horrible things. They made fun of his weight, his glasses, and the one thing he took pride in: his intelligence. Logan could never comprehend why people hated him and discriminated against him as they did so. He can't describe what it is, but it's like his body wants to break and he feels an overwhelming hopelessness go over his senses. Logan is really tired. That's why he sits alone under an oak tree and reads whatever book he has for that day for the thirty minutes recess lasts. However, his tranquility will always be interrupted at least once during the break between classes. Today was no different. Logan decided to ask a simple question before they managed to wound him for today.

"The rats are hated, but tell me what could the reason be?"

Mice were very common around here. Some children liked to chase them around the schoolyard while the majority screamed and ran when they saw a rodent of ant shape size and/or color. Logan had in his mind a metaphor and how to decipher what was wrong with him so he wouldn't have to feel so worthless day after day depending on their answer. The other sixth graders looked amongst eachtoher and laughed at him. This wasn't new. Logan kept his gaze on his book, but he wasn't reading. No, he was focusing on not crying. One who cries is one who is weak, especially one of the male sex.

"Well duh, they're filthy!"

They claimed and Cruelly laughed at Logan. He saw. People in this society only accept whatever they find "beautiful". Logan was underweight and skinny, so skinny you could see his ribs if he wasn't wearing a thick black shirt and a little blue necktie to go with his serious demeanor. He was too serious to be pretty. Logan kept staring stars his book as he was being laughed at. He went through the repetition, this routine, so many times that is shouldn't effect him at all. Why didn't he still feel these emotions? Why did he want to cry until tomorrow arrived and stay in bed all day? Feelings were complex, and he hated them. 

"Then please explain for me again, for the sake of someone who's unable to see."

A boy wearing a red shirt with  rainbow heart on it and a childish construction paper crown on his head stepped forward. Logan pried his eyes away from trying to zone out to see him. His brown eyes flashed gallantly and he had his hand out protectively, standing between Logan and his "friends" with his back towards Logan. He was being defended? Why would anyone want to defend him of all people? He's just the smsrtass boy who sits at the front of the classroom and corrects the teacher every chance he gets. Logan felt the tears in his eyes start to sting. He should really leave before it's too late, yet he can't. It was almost as if Logan was glued to the floor and stuck there.

"The act of not seeing the discrimination like you do, is it true that the rats are really dirtier than you?"

He spat out the words like venom, startling the other sixth graders. Logan felt his breath hitch inside of his chest. He couldn't breathe for a solid moment, holding it in and waiting to see what this boy would do next. He had his fists clenched at his sides. Logan's bullies were dead silent, then they turned to look at eachother. Logan could see his facial expression, though his face was hidden from him right now. He could visualizes his teeth clenched, nose scrunched, and eyes flaring up in anger. Regardless, he had his say. They backed away.

"Never do it again!"

His voice was pounding through. Logan had never experienced a better moment in his miserable existence. There hasn't been a moment where Logan has felt more gratitude or joy in his entire life! But then... why? This made him happier than he could ever know, but why did it feel like he couldn't control the tears from threatening to flow? It hurts. Logan didn't bother standing up until his savior turned around and held out a hand to him. He was a healthy weight, glowing with health and childlike Serendipity. Logan took his hand and was hoisted up, his book falling to the ground and losing its page.

"You shouldn't let them hurt you like that, Logan. My name's Roman by the way!"

Roman, like the Roman Empire. Like Romeo from the age-old Classic Romeo and Juliet. Roman as in the first person who has ever cared about him. Logan didn't notice the first tear to slip past his glasses, but Roman apparently did. Instantly he was brought into the first hug he could ever remember by Roman. Roman's thumb went under his glasses and wiped away his tears. Roman held him close. He was so warm... so welcoming... Logan let himself close his eyes and let the ridged breaths out of his throat. It hurt. It hurts so much. If only he wasn't so skinny and horrible and such a smartass. Maybe if he was prettier, people would love him.

"Hey, hey it's okay! I shall always be here I feel you need a friend, Logan. I promise!"

Logan is the quiet kid in class, however he isn't never alone anymore. Logan is a junior in Highschool, having skipped Sophomore year entirely because he was too smart for the courses. Logan has been able to get to a healthier weight thanks to his boyfriend: Roman. Roman had introduced him to his new group best friends: Patton, Virgil, Remy, Emile, and Dee Dee. Logan is still a smartass, but now he has people who love him and look up to him. He had a job to help support himself and whatever family he has. He can drive and is working towards getting a car rather than riding the bus. The best part of his happy ending was that Roman kept his word. He was always there for him.

"I love you, Nerd~ See you after class."

Roman pressed a kiss onto Logan's lips before walking down the hallway to his next class. Logan felt himself smile again for the millionth time that day before turning around and entering his Calculus class. Things did get better and he isn't bullied anymore. 

All thanks To Roman.

1228 Words

IT'S👏NEVER👏OKAY👏TO LET👏YOURSELF👏GET👏BULLIED👏 You are an amazing and special human being who deserves to be treated right: with respect and kindness. The same goes for other people. They don't deserve to be bullied and put down. Please stand up for yourself and others. I know from exeperience that this is the single most helpful thing you can do. Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva