Make a Wish [Moxiety] (Trans Pride AU)

Part 111, make a wish. I'd love to hear it.

STORYTIME!

💙

"Eleven Eleven! Make a wish!"

Patton cheered, Crossing his fingers and holding Virgil's hand. Well, his name wasn't officially Virgil yet. His name was still Violet. To everyone, he's still just w girl with short hair and a flat chest. Virgil is not out to anyone yet, and it sucks. Virgil took a sharp Inhale and crossed his other hand, squeezing Patton's hand. Patton was his very best friend and the only person that Virgil really liked in this world. Virgil made his wish, the same wish he makes every single time he and Patton's hang out on the weekends. "I wish I could be a boy"

"What did you wish for, Violet?"

Virgil flinched, hearing the name he hates so very much. Virgil loosened his grip and his fingers uncurled. He didn't want his best friend to upset him. Should he tell him? It should feel so good just to say it and get it off his chest. But what about the danger? What about the risk of losing the one person who makes him feel happy? Virgil felt tears swell up in his eyes. He's going to say it. He's just going to say If and make it casual and not a big deal. It's just going to be normal. It's just going to happen and be no big deal. There's no need to cry.

"To be Virgil."

Aaaaand there he goes. He ruined it. Virgil started crying. Patton gasped when he realized and stared at him. Virgil looked away. He's weak. He's ready to be hated. He braced himself for being hit or emotionally wounded or anything negative. But... no. Virgil opened his dampened eyes when he felt Patton envelop him in a large hug. Virgil stifled a breath and hovered his arms around his best friend. Is this acceptances? Is he supposed to feel this great? He feels 50% lighter and happier. 

"Virgil, right? What are your pronouns?"

Being asked for his pronouns? Virgil breathed out a smile. This was kind of like an asthma attack... but good? A happy attack? Patton squeezed him, as if trying to squeeze the answer out of him. Virgil kept smiling and smiling. Patton was so sweet, so great, so awesome, and the most precious person in the world. Virgil was so lucky and so blessed to have a friend so accepting as he in this moment. 

"Masculine. He/Him."

💙

"Eleven Eleven, make a wish!"

Patton cheered, holding right onto Virgil's hand. He squeezed his fingers tight, crossed over one another. Virgil grinned, closing his eyes and thinking. Over the course of the past year Patton had been right by his side. He came out to his family as trans and moved in with Patton after a rather bad reaction. Virgil got a chest binder and some testosterone. He's scheduled for top surgery in about five months. What else could Virgil want? Ah, yes. There was one thing. The last thing he could ever want. "I wish Patton would go on a date with me."

"So, what did you wish for Pat?"

Patton grinned the cheesiest grin. Virgil uncrossed his fingers and watched Patton do the same. He had a bright look in his eye shining behind his glasses. Virgil was definately in love. Virgil made sure to listen carefully to his wish. He wanted to make it come true after all.

"Well, remember when we went to the mall with Mom? Well I saw this super cute website puppy and I really really want a dog! So I wished that I can get a puppy or maybe work at some sodt of pet store or animal shelter soon. I applied to the local animal shelter and to the PetCo down the street so crosssed fingers! Plus I've been really good so maybe Christmas will be lucky! What about you, Virge? What did you wish for?"

What did he wish for? Uh... that's kinda embarassing and putting him on the spot. He wished to date Patton, but Patton is kinda sorta his best friend. That would make things super awkward. Should Virgil tell Patton the truth? No. Virgil doesn't think he has it in him. Maybe he can bluff around it... Somehow? Patton would love to go back to the mall and see the pet store Westie again. That can probably work as a date...

"Taking you to see that very same Westie to make you happy."

Oh lord that's cheesy. Patton raised an eyebrow, before shaking his head and laughing a little bit.  Virgil felt the blush rise to his cheek when Patton leaned his head on Virgil's shoulder. They're the same height so it was a little awkward, but Patton didn't really care. Virgil watched him just take in a deep breath and exhale calmly. Virgil could only wonder what Patton was thinking about. The one sentence he said next would cause him to big bloosh.

"It could be our date."

💙

"Eleven Eleven, Pat. Make a wish."

Virgil sang out to his boyfriend, who was baking in the kitchen while Virgil worked on some project for classes. Virgil already knew what he would wish for. Absolutely nothing. He has everything he could have ever wanted. A good boyfriend. A good life. He got his top surgery and he doesn't feel any bottom dysphoria any more after therapy. However, any wish Patton has Virgil will make sure becomes the honest truth. Patton hummed and called back out to him.

"I wish you would take a break and come help me!"

Virgil chuckled and stood up from the floor, walking into the kitchen. Patton turned his head around and kissed Virgil on the lips, causing him to giggle. Virgil stole a strawberry from his little ingredients in tiny little bowls, causing him the growl and slap his wrist. Virgil laughed and went back to the livingtoom to work on his project. There's nothing left to wish for, he's gotten everything he's ever wanted.

💙

"Eleven Eleven, Virge. And I have a wish I think you can grant me."

It was late at night, Eleven Eleven. Virgil set down his late night coffee and drowsily looked up at Patton, who seemed to be so full of energy. Virgil didn't need or make any verbal confirmation that he heard and was curious to what this Wish was. Virgil's eyes went wide and he gasped when Patton got down on one knee and opened a little box. A diamond ring was presented to Virgil. Patton's face was deep red. 

"Would you marry me?"

Virgil felt his eyes tear up. The moment plus sleep deprivation made this moment so emotional. Virgil tackled Patton down with a hug, dropping the ring box. Virgil and Patton shared a passionately kiss before Virgil screamed his answer to the whole world.

"YES!!! A MILLION TIMES YES!!!"

And they lived happily ever after.

1127 Words

So? What would you wish for?

~Eva