Shadow Prince and the King of the Sun [Prinxiety]

You know what? It's time to start with the Prinxiety love. Maybe I should give this ship another chance and see if it works for me. They're both adorkable so... why not right?

STORYTIME!

Roman loved to over exaggerate everything, make everything filled with drama, and build a backstory upon everything. He even had two characters in a story that were supposed to represent him and Virgil. Yes, he was writing a fantasy romance novel to express his feelings without actually expressing his feelings. Yes, the amazing and beauitful and talented and gorgeous Roman was awkward and a bit antisocial towards his crush. What would you expect if you had a crush on your polar opposite!?

So the characters are the Shadow Prince and King of the Sun, just like the title of the oneshot states. The shadow prince is a nyctophilic anxious emo nightmare who has a sweet side to him. He puts on this front of being mean and nasty only to hide the good of him, which people in his domain do not like. The King of the Sun is the flawless, perfect, exact replica of Roman. He tries to bring the shadow prince into the light several times, trying to teach him that it's okay to be who he is and falling deeper and deeper in love with him. Also he's Xanthophilic. Duh, the SUN. YELLOW. Thank you captain obvious.

Roman adored drawing these two, pretending to be the King of the Sun while having a hologram like holopearl stand in and Be the Shadow Prince. He loves to write stories and songs and dreams of the day where he can actually dance with Virgil, hold him, and kiss him just like these characters in his head get to all the time. Roman is 100% smitten for Virgil. Pull out the ukulele and Dodie Clark lyrics, because woooooooooooah he's starstruck.

Do you wanna know a secret, Reader? Virgil knows all about Roman's little game. He just never brought himself to reveal his own conflicted feelings of romance for the narcissist, dreamy prince. Instead Virgil would sit outside his door and listen to whatever scene he played, whatever song he wrote, and whatever words he would say to the holographic version of Virgil. He just was too awkward and anxious to go in there and maybe just get to experience that for himself. 

Virgil had asked Logan and Patton for advice, since they're an item and all, and they both said the same thing: to go in there and go for it. Virgil didn't listen, even though they were right. It's that very thing that brought him outside of Roman's room today. This time he brought his ukulele and sketchbook. He wanted to write things down, he wanted to learn how to play the love songs, and he wanted to feel like he was the Shadow Prince that Roman doted on so very much. However, even after fifteen minutes, the other side of the wall remained silent.

On the other side of the wall, the King of the Sun sat alone on his bed. No hologram, no storyline, no songs. He just sat in silence as he contemplating what the heck he was doing. Here he was, being a child. Here he was acting like a kid with a crush when he should approach how he is feeling like the adult he is. He needs to stop pretending. He either needs to get over this, or address it with Virgil. He knows that Virgil doesn't like him, he barely manages to earn his friendship. How could someone like Virgil be with someone like Roman... yeah?

Virgil was starting to get concerned. He hid all his things under his hoodie outside the door and decided to knock. Sure, he was wearing a Mystict Messenger shirt of his favorite guy (Saeran, duh) that was wrinkled but it didn't really matter. Virgil held his breath, deciding what to do. He really should knock and check up on him, but he doesn't want to interrupt him just in case he's writing something or doing something he probably shouldn't intrude on. Virgil decided to knock.

"Yo, Roman. It's awfully quiet in there. Everything okay?"

Roman flinched when he heard his beloved's voice call through the door. He didn't need explanation why he couldn't hear through the walls. Walls are pretty thin and normally you can hear voices and noises, but it's white noise in a sense where you can never figure out what people are saying. It gets that way when Logan and Deceit do debates and when Patton decides that he wants to do karaoke despite being the only side who can't sing. How ironic, yeah? Either way, Roman stared at the door. What should he say? What should he do? Should he invite Virgil in and be honest about his insecurity? Or say he's fine and live to torture his own desires another day.