A Little Help [Loceit] (Modern AU)

STORYTIME

Logan walked out of the college class, feeling less than informed. That professor didn't know a damn thing. He couldn't even properly execute a simple quadratic formula which was basically Algebra One! He learned that when he was twelve! Infuriated, Logan stormed away from the building to go back to his on-campus apartment. However, before he got there he saw a stranger sitting alone with their knees hugged close to themselves, reminding him of an abandoned puppy. Remembering his ex boyfriend Patton's kindhearted tendencies, he felt obliged to comfort this stranger. 

Logan sat down next to the stranger and pulled out two water bottles from his bookbag and two dissolvable tea solutions from Lipton. After shaking them, not stirring them, to make a good bottle of lukewarm tea, he set his own down and held the other one in his hand. He had completely forgotten to notify the stranger of his presence. Logan nudged the stranger with the bottle. The man looked up, and Logan instantly took account of the long scar stretching across the side of his face. Logan cleared his throat to ignore the awkwardness of the situation and pushed the bottle of tea into his hands.

"Apologies, but I've noticed how melancholy you seem to be and I wished to give you company. A wise man once said that while it is always best to believe in one's self, but a little help from others can be a great blessing."

Logan couldn't help dropping that quote, while thinking of his Highschool lover. The stranger simply stared at Logan before unscrewing the bottle cap and downing at least half of the bottle. Logan looked at his own, taking a sip. It was horrible and extremely lemony. You could hardly call it real tea. But that's what he gets for using Lipton powder. Logan tried not to wince from the flavor and closed the bottle again. He looked at the stranger, waiting for them to say something so he wouldn't have to. The stranger remained silent, causing Logan to sigh and continue his dialogue.

"Basically I'm asking you if you're okay."

The stranger nodded, as if they finally understood what Logan as saying. Logan did have a problem with using a rather colossal vocabulary. Sorry. Big words. The stranger looked at his bottle of tea, swirling it around because the entirety of the solvant hadn't completely dissolved yet. Again, it was shaken not stirred. The stranger took a deep breath before explaining who they are and what their point of view was.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Don't even ask for my name. Just call me Deceit. Pretty accurate. Long story short everyone hates me, I've been kicked out of my dorm, and half of my face basically got shot off. Unless you have a place for me to live until I can find another dorm or buy my own appartment, there isn't much to do for me. Sorry empathetic stranger guy."

Wow, sarcastic much. Logan nodded, processing the information through his computer of a brain. So this person needs help getting back on their feet. Logan assessed theirnpersonality for any prominent threats. They didn't seem to have a knife or weapon on their person. They seemed weak. Logan could overpower their frail and skinny frame. They may be taller, but he seemed to have a smaller muscle mass. Logan felt proud of doing cross country in high school now. Logan nodded, coming to a decision. Patton had changed him for the better, hadn't he? Logan nodded and stood up, extending his hand to the stranger.

"Stand up. I'm going to aid you in every way I can."

Logan waited for the stranger, who asked to be called Deceit for some reason, to take his hand. Logan watched as a tea streamed down their cheek, the one not scared for life. Yuck, emotions. However this must be an extremely emotional moment so Logan would deal with it. Deceit took his hand and Logan hoisted them back up to their feet. Logan slung his bookbag over his shoulder and picked up his bottle of tea. His was still full. The stranger's had found itself empty. Logan tossed his out the chance he got, the stranger did the same.

Together, they went home.

____________________________________

Five years later Logan had graduated college and had been happily engaged to his partner of four years. Their name? He didn't know. He didn't need to know a birth name to be in love with his partner. The name they went by? Deceit. Logan knew the story on the name. That story was too heart wrenching to tell again. Right now Logan was brewing a cup of tea for himself and his significant other, who should be coming home from their job right around....

"Honey, I'm home."

Ah. There they were. Logan smiled faintly to himself and carried the two cups of tea over to greet his loving partner. His life with Deceit truly had been a great blessing for both of them. Deceit smiled when they saw Logan ready to take care of them. Logan always got home around an hour earlier, but he had to leave three hours prior to Deceit as well. Their schedules lined up great, making their marriage stable. Logan pressed a tender kiss on his enbyfriend's cheek.

"I can see that. Welcome home, my love."

The two took their cups of tea and drank it slowly, trying to match the other's pace. Logan took Deceit's cup and brought it back to the kitchen so he can place it in the sink. Deceit followed him after setting down his things. Deceit tried to scare Logan by standing behind him when he turned around, but he failed. Logan just whipped around and placed a coy kiss on their lips, smirking slyly. Deceit rolled their eyes. Outsmarted again by the loveliest man in the world. The only person who gave them a chance when they really needed it.

Logan walked out of the kitchen and sat down on the couch, grabbing the remote and a throw pillow to hit against his chest. Deceit watched him put on the same nostalgic children's cartoon Avatar: The Last Airbender that he watched every single weekday. Deceit had grown just as fond of the show as Logan had, however Deceit never dared ask the backstory of it. They respected Logan's secrets just as he respected their's. Deceit decided that they wanted to cuddle on the couch with their boyfriend, so they sat down to do just that.

Together, they built a home.

1076 Words

~Eva