This One's Mine [Sleepxiety] (Modern AU)

I'm sorry for not being very creative recently... I'm struggling with ideas. I feel like I haven't loved Remy enough recently so this is my favorite ship with him so here we go.

STORYTIME!

Deceit and Remy were drinking coffee together at the mall. Deceit is Agender and didn't like regular names because all of them tie to a gender so they go by deceit just to fuck with their parents. It's hilarious to see how mad they are. Remy and Deceit have been best friend so since kindergarten and no coming out is gonna change that! Especially since Remy is FTM trans. It doesn't really matter much to the story so those are two completely unrelated details to get the word count up. Remy was drinking his pumpkin spice depression as Deceit was enjoying a lemon loaf. That's when Remy and Deceit simotaniusly sport a cute boy with his friends across the food court.

"Don't you dare you little fucking snake, this one's mine."

Remy calls dibs first, flicking his sunglasses over his eyes and the collar of his leather jacket up. He had to look as cool as possible if he wants to seem cool to the boy. Based on his purple dyed hair and his black and purple clothing, he's got to be emo. Gay emo boys are into bad boys, right? Deceit rolled their eyes and kept drinking their white chocolate mocha, watching as Remy made his way across the room to the cute emo boy. He was leaning against the wall in front of the bathrooms while the rest of his friends went in. Nice, perfect timing. He got cute boy alone.

"Yo, 'sup? The name's Remy, but you can call me whatever you want cutie~"

Remy's flirting game was strong! Remy pulled out an index card from his pocket and gave it to the cute boy. Why does he have that? Plot convenance. The boy took the notecard and looked at it. Remy watched his face go from neutral to completely annoyed with this bullshit. He looked up and his eyes looked completely dead inside. He wore a frown that made a scowl jealous and crossed his arms. If Remy didn't know any better, the corners of his mouth were curled upwards in a smirk. His fringe fell over his eye and he looked like a total badass. Oh yeah, Remy was falling for him hard.

"Uh Huh, riiiight. So are you hitting on me to bring your self esteem up or you want to get in a random person's pants and spotted me and decided because I'm emo I'm weak. Remy, right? If you're that thirsty go to Tinder or Grindr and leave me be."

WOW he's feisty! Remy felt himself blushing hard and smirking. Someone who's smart and sarcastic. Wow, Remy opened his mouth, wanting to say something, but he found a loss for words. This kid was good. What was this boy's name? He really wants to know this boy's name. Deceit would love this kid. His friends still aren't back from the bathroom, so maybe he could figure out a little more about him. Maybe he shouldn't be forward, he clearly doesn't like fuckboys like most other teenagers do.

"Alright, Fine. That was hilarious and probably my best shoot down yet. You're feisty, I like that. I understand if you want me to go but I noticed your My Chemical Romance shirt and black nail polish and I thought you were cute so I'd tell you. Same with my friend back there. We literally fought to grab dibs on who got to hitnon you first. You're pretty damn cute and I want you to stay confident and live your best life, deal? Later, sweetheart."

Remy turned around to leave, saying what he wanted to. He could always tell Dee that he was shot down but cute boy. He never even got his name. It's such a shame. Remy was actually kind of proud of the kid for shooting him down. Remy felt something grab the hem of his leather jacket and he turned around, smirking. His plan worked. It was all a ruse to get him interested. Remy eyed the bathroom, seeing the other three boys who were with him walking out. He didn't care, he only cared about Mister Cutie Pie Right here.

"Woah woah woah, You think I'm cute? And you like MCR? Now you got me interested. Listen, I: hanging out with my squad today but I can text you later and you can bring your friend along and see if we actually get along. I need to make sure you aren't two players trying to use me for your own self confidence and make sure you're actually cool dudes. 'Kay? I'll text you when I get home, Remy."

Remy grinned and turned around again. Success! He swaggered all the way back to the table with Deceit, who was still munching on the lemon bread. Remy sat down and flicked his sunglasses back ontop of his head. Deceit looked at him and instantly knew he got a catch. Remy never looks so happy after getting someone's number. Besides, he normally gets girls' phone numbers and he's not into girls. He normally does it for fun and just to appear more like a boy in others' eyes. But that guy? He was cute. He was funny. He'd really like to go on a date. Deceit decided they had enough waiting and assuming, they might as well ask How it went.

"So, how'd it go?"

"Dude it was epic! First he brushed me off thinking I was a douchebag who just wanted to get in his pants then I complimented him and talked about how cute he was and mentioned his MCR shirt and black finger nails. Did you see him MCR shirt and that black beanie he wore? He had TONS of punk band buttons on there! He even had a Set it Off and Green Day button on there! Not to mention the flannel sweater wrapped around his waist and that totally adorable tote bag slung over his shoulder. He seemed interested and he promised to text me after he gets homework because he's hanging out with friends right now! He seems super cool and awesome and I literally canNOT wait right now! You really missed out by not calling dibs sooner!"

Deceit rolled their eyes, looking around. Without a word they got up from the table and left. Remy rose an eyebrow until he realized what was happening. There was a cute someone in the distance wearing all pink with nerdy glasses and a bag that read Barnes and noble walking towards the candy store. Looks like it was Deceit's turn to play predator, huh? The mall was the best place for that. Remy took a long swig from his Starbucks drink before deciding he needed another one and getting back in line.

Virgil, who was walking by with his friends just as Remy went on his rant in front of his friend, was blushing like an absolute madman. Since Roman and Logan were in an intense debate on who would win in a fight, Wonder Woman or Deadpool (don't ask why) Patton was the only person who noticed that Virgil was read faced and also overheard the conversation. Patton nudged him and wriggled his eyebrows, causing Virgil to laugh. He whipped out his phone and entered in Remy's phone number, deciding to go ahead and send the guy a text. He was clearly trying. Besides, if they go on a date or whatever he'll bring Patton along for safe keeping. He decided to give him is name. It's the least he can do anyways. 

Virgil: Remy? It's the guy from the mall. The name's Virgil. My friends call me Virge. Ttyl.

1275 Words

Not everyone is as they appear. Sometimes people are worse, sometimes people are better. But always give them a chance to prove to you how they truly are.

~Eva