Coffee Date [Remile] (Modern AU)

Thanks to PotterheadAndFander for coming up with that ship name. I felt like I was neglecting the noncannon side and the precious therapist so I wanted to bring them together! Also with some Genderfluid pride because I am now in love with Genderfluid Emile/Emily/Emm. 

Also some transphobia at the end and stuff so trigger warning.

STORYTIME!

Remy waited outside the building where his lover worked. It used to be a small corner store that his lover turned into a therapist's office. He tapped his foot gently on the concrete and waited for  his lover to walk out of the doors. Maybe they were staying late to talk with one of their common patients? Eliot was a cool person, non-binary and totally emo. Larry and Dot were kind of lame to Remy and he doesn't remember any of the other patients. He hasn't met them. Remy checked his phone for the time and the door finally opened, revealing Doctor Picani in all their smiling glory. Remy approaches the lovely therapist and tries to play it hella cool and respective because he is respective of his Genderfluid lover.

"So, am I taking my boyfriend or girlfriend out for coffee today? Or none of the above?"

Doctor Picani couldnt help but laugh. Yes, they were Genderfluid and Remy made puns on it all the time. Remy doesn't care and Remy completely accepts them. Today happens to be one of Picani's Emily days. Emily Picani is a girl today. She just can't wear a skirt or anything to work because she wants to be professional, however she was born in a male body so a dress wouldn't exactly be the best for her work environment. Emily isn't exactly out to her patients yet. Well, except for Eliot. She's out to Eliot. The way people can normally tell is by her tie color. She didn't tell Remy about this, but when she wears a pink tie she's a girl, a blue tie she's a boy, and green she's neutral. Just a little secret hint are,y hasn't caught onto yet. Of course, Emily is wearing her pink tie.

"Your girlfriend. Do you mind if I go back inside to change real quick? I really wanna wear a cute plaid skirt I found at Walmart!"

Remy rolled his eyes and nodded, allowing his girlfriend to squeak and rush back inside. Remy pulled out his phone and decided to go take a selfie. He brushed his bangs off to the side and flicked down his sunglasses. He posted the selfie to Instagram and tweeted that he was going out on a date with his girl before slipping his phone back in his pocket. Remy watched the door open and Emily walked out wearing the cute plaid skirt hat Shen planned. She was wearing a yellow cardigan and a cute pastel pink shirt with a bright rainbow unicorn saying dream big in big white letters. Remy felt his jaw drop all the way down to the floor.

"I was so happy when I found this shirt! So, what do you think? Am I a pretty girl Remy?"

Emily grinned and spun around in her plaid skirt. She felt pretty and she felt super happy. Emily didn't exactly have long hair, but that didn't mean she wasn't a girl. Remy suddenly took her hand and pulled Emily in for a long and tender kiss. They had to have been together for at least a handful of minutes before they both broke away panting. They both were smiling and Remy flicked his sunglasses back up. He must have taken a selfie or two before she came back out here. His eyes looked her up and down one last time before he gave Emily a huge compliment. Gaga fans are going to go Gaga over the next dialogue.

"Gurl, you're prettier than the queen Gaga herself! No need to even think of asking me that! You look stunning! Now, are we going to get to Starbucks or not? I know you love the cake pops and I wanted to make sure you get all the sweets you want."

Remy grabbed Emily's hand and laced his fingers in hers. They had a coffee date to get to didn't they? Emily followed Remy and he flicked his sunglasses back down. He had to be the cool bad boy didn't he? Sassy bad boys are always a soft spit in Emily's heart. There was a Starbucks on the other side of the community center that they can simply walk to. Since it's about six in the evening, lots of children were out getting dinner with their folks. Emily would love to be a parent one day, but her genderfluidity made her question if she'd even be a good parent. Remy also thinks he isn't cut out to be a father anyways. If they wanted one so bad, they could adopt. But for now they can just be a couple.