The Best Advice [Moxiety] (Modern AU)

I'm really sad so I'm going to make you suffer too...

STORYTIME!

Virgil's relationship has been dead for a long, long time. There was no love, just work. He didn't love his husband. He was demanding, needy, greedy, overpowering, and scary. It only worsened his anxiety and he has been seeing his therapist for a long, long time. His therapist was adorable like a child. He was always talking about cartoons and how Virgil needs to start actin like this character or how he resembles that character. But recently Virgil made the mistake of opening up about his toxic marriage. He's already been married for six years. How does he end It? So that brings us to the present.

Dr. Picani had Virgil meet him at some Coffee shop nearby. Virgil had to lie to his husband, saying he was going to the store for some odds and ends and he had to meet up with a business partner  just in case he was caught. He just wore his normal gray sweatpants and lavender hoodies, since he has been told time after time again dark colors were unflattering to his pale skin. He wore a tote bag he normally wore when going anywhere, carrying a few belongings of his just in case at any time he had to run away. He was always scared of that. Virgil noticed his therapist sitting across from another man who looked identical to him, wearing a blue polo and his nails painted the same cyan color. Picani noticed Virgil walking by so he decided to call him over. Very loudly. It startled Virgil so much he almost jumped. He didn't realize he was staring at the Picani Twin.

"Virgil! Over here!"

Patton's perspective because that is obviously who the boy sitting across from Dr. Picani is! Patton heard tons and tons about Virgil from his brother Emile. He loves talking about his patients and how they are like a bunch of cartoons they both love. He geeks out about them all the time and how cute the marriages are he's seen or how adorable the little kids are. But then there's Virgil. It's been so many years yet Emile hasn't found a happy ending for Virgil yet. Now, Patton is only a Preschool Teacher and volunteer at the YMCA, but he thought he could try his best to help his twin brother with this boy. From what he's heard, he's had enough abuse in his life and he deserves better. Even if Patton and Emile have to take him in themselves. 

Patton watched as the man he has heard so much about took a seat across from Emile Nd right next to him. He saw his hair was dyed a vibrant purple and the bags under his eyes looked almost designer brand. He got that pun from his old college roommate Remy. He wore pastel colors, though from what he was told he hated bright colors. That's okay. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. He noticed that he had chipped away dark purple nail polish and his lips were chapped and borderline bloody. Patton decided to mentally count all the bruises as his twin brother introduces him to Virgil. Before his cue to speak, he counted seven on his neck and jawline alone.

"Virgil! I'm so glad you could have made it! As I've said before, I do have a twin brother. Patton, this is my favorite client ever Virgil! Virgil, this is my happy brother Patton! But since we don't have a dad, he just calls himself dad! Pretty cool, right?"

Virgil nodded, the morbidity in that statement hitting him hard. Dr. Picani never talked about how he didn't have any parents. Or at least ant dads. Virgo turned again to the blue Picani, who was staring at his neck. Despite bein bundled next up in a hoodie, some of his bruises of sexual abuse was aparent. Virgil was never big on hickies anyways. Virgil felt his face heat up in embarassment. First introductions with this guy and he already saw how sexually active he was? Yikes. It's not like the sex was voluntary anyways. Whatever. Virgil awkwardly stuck his hand out to the blue Picani, noting how he wore a little moon-shaped pendant with a tiny little garnet stone in the curve of the crescent.

"Patton, right? My name's Virgil. If I had any friends, they would call me Virge."

He laughed at his own self-hate pun. Meanwhile in Patton's brain he was assesing. He wasn't the most analytical person in the world, that title goes to one of his coworkers Logan, but he was trying to summarize who Virgil is as a person. He obviously has low self esteem and has been through all  lot of pain. It weighed heavy on his heart. He just wanted to take him into w hug and tell him everything was alright before rocking him to sleep. But Patton just smiled and shook his hand overdramatically, taking a lot after his good friend Roman, he grinned and did his trademark intro.

"And I'm you're happy Pappy Patton always here to make you smile! Virgil, hmm? I like it! Virge is even cooler! I'll make sure I'm going to remember that nickname forever!"

Emile Picani noticed the chemistry between the two. He folded his hands together and watched as the two of them started making a conversation. It was a weak conversation at first, but it grew as they found similar interests. For example: both liked Steven Universe and the band Panic! At The Disco. You wouldn't expect Patton to be a Panic! Fan but he was. Emile just smiled, watching the chemistry grow for a long time. They had drinks from the Starbucks and the town hust grew increasingly more comfortable with one another. That's when Emile saw it: The look in Patton's eyes he has seen only once before. It was the look of Patton falling in love. His first and only love prior to this one was a toxic relationship that never escalated past dating. Patton was lucky to have Emile as a brother to protect him. But he was in love with Virgil. At least he fell in love or had a crush. Emile looked over at Virgil. Virgil had a soft look in his eyes like he has only seen a few times before when he talks about his moms and how they were the strongest women ever to live. They died together, fighting for LGBTQA+ rights. They both were hitting it off. That's when Emile's focus went on the silver, busted up wedding ring around Virgil's right ring finger. Virgil was married to probably the most toxic man ever. It's time to break them apart and steal them away. Emile and Patton have talked about it. They needed to steal Virgil from that dastard of a man.

"Virgil, can I offer you my best advice?"

Emile dropped into the conversation the two were having. He didn't want even know what it was about. He was zoning out. Both Virgil and Patton looked his way, faces bright with honeyglow. That Fix-it-Felix joke never gets old. Emile let out a long sigh and gave Patton a look. Patton nodded and smiled, half wanting to reach out and hold Virgil's hand and half being too socially awkward to do it. Emile loves his brother. And now he was going to save Virgil from a terrible, terrible place.

"Forget the wedding ring. Leave it behind. Get a divorce or something. You can live with us for as long as you want. I want you to be more than my patient. That's why I brought Patton here. I wanted to set you two up together to see if you have good chemistry. I wanted to see if we'd get along as a family. So... will you take my advice."

It was like everything froze around Virgil. Ditch his husband? Live with Emile and Patton Picani? Virgil looked over at Patton, who was messing around with his hands as if he was quietly hoping for Virgil to say yes. Then he looked at Dr. Picani. Should he call him Emile since they were going to live in the same house? Virgil looked down at his wedding ring, broken like his relationship. Virgil fought back the tears and memories of what might have been as he took the wedding ring and set it on the table. He looked back in Patton's eyes. They shine with excitement and glee. Virgil wished he could see that expression every day. He was sort of already crushing on Patton, of that wasn't obvious.

"Yeah, I take your advice Emile."

1433 Words

I gave it a happy ending lol. Hoped you liked it!

It's alwahs okay to get out of a toxic situation. Find a friend who can keep you for as long as you need and confront whoever it is that is making your life's miserable. Nobody deserves to be miserable, especially not anyone as amazing as you. Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva