Baby Steps [Moceit]

Yet another amazing request by Pengi11! I apologize in advance if this sucks. I messed up big time and had a crap day today. 

STORYTIME!

Deceit sunk back down from the mindspace shared by everyone into Patton's bedroom, right where he was waiting for him. Patton has been letting Deceit pose as him in hopes that he could build a connection with the other sides and ease into being accepted by them. However, they've started catching on to his little "act" and they all suspect he's up to no good. All Deceit wants is to be accepted as part of the group. Is that really impossible? Patton says anything is possible, but the little snek boi is starting to doubt the fun and fantastically fabulous fatherly figure.  Deceit sunk onto the bed while Patton was making another carton drawing of all five of them as a family. Patton spun around in his spine swivel chair with his singature smile painted over his lips. Gosh, isn't Patton just the cutest thing ever?

"Hey Kiddo! How did it go? Did it seem like they were warming up to you yet?"

Deceit's scowl of an expression said everything that needed to be said. Patton sighed and got up from his swivel chair Heaven of spinning tornado goodness and walked over to the bed, sitting down next to Deceit. All the weight of the softer-than-cotton-candy-clouds bed was concentrated in the middle, making a crater in which Deceit was pulled by gravity towards Patton. Mister Jafar McScar (Nickname graciously given to him by Prince Snotnose) sat up in slouched posture and looked at his gloved hands. All he wanted was to be a part of the group. Was that too much to ask for? Deceit felt an arm wrap around him and pull him close. He felt a soft kiss pressed on his temple, even if that meant Patton had to have his little bowler hat pressed up against his fact to do so.

"It doesn't matter if they accept you. All that matters is you and me, right? We don't need them right now! We can play checkers and all kinds of stuff! Does that sound fun?"

Deceit noticed there were tears trying to break the dam behind his eyes that was called his pride. Deceit tried to swallow it, but it just didn't work. How ironic, a snake who can't swallow. A single tear rolled down his scales from his Bill Cipher Eye. He closed it when he saw Patron reach over and flick the tear away. Patton then brought Deceit into a hug. He felt Patton's hands on his back and he had his chin placed on Patton's shoulder. More tears came rolling down his face like it was nobody's business. Deceit caved in to this feeling he kept pretending didn't exist and he hurried his face in Patton, eyes wrinkling and nose scrunching up. He let himself cry. Patton started rocking back and forth and soon began singing the same quote he kept telling Deceit over and over again. 

"🎶Put one foot in front of the other, and soon you'll be walking across the floor🎶"

Deceit would be a liar if he said he didn't know this song. And guess what? He's a liar. Deceit sniffed and didn't recite the next lyric, despite watching this Christmas movie last December from around the corner while all the other sides were on the couch, snuggling and drinking their hot chcolate. Deceit was just fine sitting on the floor behind a wall all on his own. It's not like he wanted to be in the middle of it all, between Patton and Virgil, or anything. Patton squeezed him, as if asking him to say the next part even if he didn't mean to tell him that. Deceit lifted his head just enough so he wasn't talking into Patton's sleeve and let the words roll out.

"Put one foot in front of the other, and soon you'll be walking out the door."

Patton smiled and held Deceit close. He was trying his darndest. Next time when he sees the others, he should try to subtly bring up Deceit and shed him in a brighter light. He really tries his best to protect Thomas and his secrets, he also has valuable input! They just don't see what amazing things this special Snake is capable of. Patton pressed another kiss onto his Disney Villain's forehead. He really liked forehead kisses for some reason, but Patton didn't care! Kisses are kisses and all of them are sweet. Patton just whsipered one last line to him before he would try and get him to sleep. Deceit always likes to sleep after emotionally breaking down.

"That's right. Baby steps, Deceit, Baby Steps..."

788 Words

I'm sorry. I warned you. I'm just not feeling it much today. I'm the worst I know and I'm super sorry.

Remember, not everything is obtainable with a large leap forward. Sometimes you have to start with the small stuff to get to the larger things or to your end goal. Patience, young grasshopper. Your time will come. Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva