Haribo [Logicality] (Candy Store AU)

STORYTIME!

Logan was never a man fond of chocolate.  He was never fond candy or anything either. He was more of a bitter foods fan. So candy was never soemthing he enjoyed. However, his Grandmother's birthday soon and she had a sweet tooth the size of her heart. A very sweet old woman. Logan had to get her some of her favorite sweets that can only be found at a vintage candy store in his relative area since he lived in his grandmother's home town.

So Logan entered the Loli and Pops. Much to his surprise, barely anyone was in here and there was only a single staff member working inside. Logan vaguely remembered him from being upon his graduating class of Highschool, but nothing else. He was polishing up some of the class bottle sodas. He turned around when he saw Logan standing in the doorway in a necktie and slacks. He definitely needs help.

"Hello and welcome to Loli and Pops! I'm Patton and it's wonderful to be your friend for the day! Is there anything special you are looking for?"

Patton cheered, skipping over to Logan. Based on the persona he was displaying and how vacant the shop was, Logan has determined that he was bored and now happy to have someone to talk to. To match the aesthetic of the shop, he wore the red and white striped apron and hat to match it, a pair of jeans and white polo underneath. He was a very cute boy, and very sunny and energetic in his disposition, just like his Grandmother's. This will make this experience easier and more enjoyable.

"Well, yes. I am not an expert in sweets, though my grandmother enjoys them profusely. Her birthday is coming up and I wish to give her something she would enjoy. Could you be of assistance?"

"Of course! I love sweets! That's, uh, why I work here. Is there anything specific she loves? Or do you just want to make it a sweet surprise!"

"Well,  she always loved eating the special gummy candies that the original founders of this candy shop created. I am aware that those have been discontinued with the recipient lost so I was hoping to get some gummy candies that can possibly replace those for her."

"Gummies! I LOVE gummies! Follow me!"

This conversation was to the point and pleasant, just how Logan likes his customer service. The upbeat and vibrant personality also made this pleasant. The boy took him to a segment of the store that's consisted only of gummy candies, both sour and sweet. Patton went directly to the sweet half of the gummies and took a bag of gummy bears that Logan normally sees in the stores called Haribo. He held it up and grinned.

"You can never go wrong with Haribo! But I know how sweet old people can have hurt teeth so these might not be the best. I recommend these for you to try though when you go to visit her! So she doesn't think you're left out for not having any. We have a updated recipie for super duper soft gummy bears! You just have to tell me a flavor!"

He handed Logan the gummies and Logan tasted at it. Again, he was never a fan of candy, however Patton did make a fair point. His grandmother was the extremely empathetic type. Logan pointed to the watermelon and cherry gummy bears, always been her favorites. Then he asked for a few of the regular fruit gummies of their special modified recipie and Patton tied up the bag. He took him to the register and rang him up with a smile. Logan was quite fond of this worker.

"That'll Be twenty nine eighty nine!"

"Here you are, sir. Thirty. The rest will be kept as a tip for you since you were such a wonderful cashier. Go ahead and get yourself something nice."

"Oh, uh, thank you so much! Can I get your name, friend?"

"Logan, Logan Barry. I'll see you somehwere at some other time. Until we meet again."

Logan took his bag and left the candy store, smiling. He went home and got out the box he was going to use to send the candies to his grandmother who lived in Canada. Logan lived in America. Logan still bought the Haribo gummy bears for himself anyways. After giving the post office a little visit to ship out the candies and card and little teddy bears in a box for his grandmother. When he returned home, he picked up the Haribo.

He turned the bag over and saw a phone number written in sharpie on the back. The handwriting looked like the Papyrus Font. Obnoxious, but fitting for the personality for the candy store boy. Logan got his phone and entered the numbers into his contacts under the name Patton for Loli and Pops. Then he opened the package, taking a single gummy bear and eating it.

Huh, it's pretty good. Logan has nefer nejoyed candy even the slightest bit, but the firmness and the fruity aftertaste abalanced with the sweetness. Oneshot not sponsored. There is no brand deal here. Logan turned back the phone, taking another gummy bear and eating it happily. He then opened up the contact and went to text messaging.

Logan: Salutations, it is Logan from eariler.

It didn't take long for a response.

Patton: Hiya Logan! It's Patton! I'm glad you found my phone number! You were such a sweet person to think of your grandmother like that so I wanted to be friends :>

Logan chuckled at how wholesome this person was. Then he hit a revelation. Wasn't this  similar scenario to how his friends have come together in a relationship. Virgil was always concerned that Logan would end up alone and depressed. Maybe he can get for something with this pleasant male individual.

Logan: Thank you for the compliment. I was wondering if, after your shift, you would like to go for coffee? I heard from friends before that this was how you acquire a date and you seem to be a wonderful person.

Logan waited. He waited for s few moments. He ate a few more gummy bears. Then a ding finally rang in his ears.

Patton: Oh my goodness that was fast hahaha! I'd love to go out for coffee. My shift ends at three and there's a coffee shop run by my best freind's Fiancé across the street from Loli and Pops. Can I hope to see you there?

YES!!! Logan grinned and sent a confirmation before going to tell Virgil how he had squired a date as he had wished. Suddenly, his group chat was freaking out and Logan was grinning like a doofus.

He won.

1100 Words

My dad bought me Haribo so thank you Dad!

Sometimes love and good friendships can happen casually or when you least expect it. Live life and slow down a bit. Happiness will come to those who deserve it, meaning you.

Internet hugs and blow kisses! 

~Eva