That Wasn't A Kiss Scene [Roceit] (Highschool AU)

I was bored so Pengi11 suggested I do a Highschool AU Roceit oneshot. She also gave me a prompt but she's gonna do it way better so go check it out when she updates it because it's gonna be hecka good.

STORYTIME!

Guess who was cast as the lead role in the School play? Why would you need to guess when everybody already knows it was none other than Roman Sanders! He is the prince who saves Princess Valerie from the evil Swordsman Kaspar. Princess Valerie is played by a senior he didn't care to know and Kaspar is played by a kid everyone just calls Deceit. Not even the teachers know his real name. It didn't matter much because Roman and Deceit were sitting on the stage, waiting for the after school bus to take them home along with a few other students left straggling after the afterschool rehersals. 

"Hey, Deceit, we could always practice our fighting scene while we wait. I'm no good with the sword prop we got. It's too light."

Roman was trying to think of something to do to pass the time. There was a huge wreck on the highway and the bus shouldn't be there for at minimum three quarters of an hour. Might as well make the extra time they have productive. Deceit let out a very dramatic, elongated sigh before standing up and picking up the hallow wooden sword he had brought as a prop. Deceit was on the school's fencing team as well, so he knew the most about swordfighting out of the entire cast. He knew more than the actual director. Deceit acted as though he hadn't just inseethed his sword and pointed the tip of the blade at Roman.

"Let's work on your skills for now. Acting and limes and shit can come in later."

Roman stood up and went to the dressing room to receive the golden painted hollow sword from the dressing room, right where he left it. Meanwhile Deceit looked out at the kids waiting for the bus to arrive. Most of them were on their phones or something. Deceit never liked most people at this damn Highschool. However, Roman was a fun guy. It was him and a handful of others he could tolerate. Deceit readied his stance once he saw Roman walk out of the dressing room, causally holding his sword.

"First thing's first, you got to work on your stance. Are you trying to look like a tree with those stiff knees? Feet shoulder width apart, never linear, and keep your knees bent."

Roman followed the instructions, moving his feet father apart and bending his knees. He noticed how all of Deceit's weight was on his toes. Roman snickered softly, making a silent joke in his mind about Deceit being a Russian spy. Roman held his sword up with both his hand side in the heroic stance he's seen in video games and movies. Deceit didn't correct him because that's his character and cliches are your best friend in theater. Deceit took his hand and made a gesture for Roman to come at him. Roman took the challenge and decided to go for it.

Forgetting all about his weight and his knees  he lunged forward with a heroic slash to try and disarm Deceit. Deceit made a task sound as he brought his hands around to whip the blade so it would deflect the blow. A horrible hollow clashing sound rang through his ears. Deceit lowered his blade and hung his head. Roman relaxed his posture and everything, waiting to see a response from his "director" at this moment.

"You don't listen to me. You know what? Let's not work on the fighting right now. I'm not entirely sure that the prop is murder proof. Let's just work on our lines and the acting in the scene before you go save the princess or whatever. I need to work on projecting my voice anyway."

Roman nodded. Deceit extended his hand, asking for the prop. Roman handed him his sword as Deceit retreated back to the dressing room. Ouch, he must be pissed today. Roman knee his lines from memory so he didn't need his script. He went behind the curtain stage right so he can enter in running, demanding the villain to know where the precious princess is. Golly, isn't it funny watching Roman be straight? Most princes in theater are supposed to be straight so you'd think the humor would die. Nope. It's always funny watching the gay boy be straight. Now all Roman had to do was wait for his cue.