Taboo [Anxciet] (Angels AU)

A million worlds apart an Angel fell from the clouds and met a demon. The two fell in love. Guys, Girls, and Non-Binary Pearls, I present to you the Romeo and Juliet of gay fanfiction.

Trigger Warning: Mentions of Hell and God with no religion implied. Also ignorant with religion. Beware.

STORYTIME!

Falling

The fluffy white ground below his feet broke and Virgil's was sent plummeting towards the Earth. The Clouds broke around him and his wings didn't seem to want to open and fly away. He was paralyzed in fear. Falling from Heaven and away from his three friends. They screamed his name, but that wouldn't bring him back to the pearly gates above where all good mortals go after they die. He landed on the ground with a large thud, the bone in his left wing shattering underneath the snowy feathers. He winced in pain and sat up instantly, trying to stretch his wing out but the pain was too great. Tears stung in the poor angel's eyes. It hurts. It hurts so much. 

Virgil tried to call out for help, but his voice was gone like a timid five year old's lost in the dark scary woods. The tear fell and he looked up at the sky. His friends, why were they not flying down to retrieve him? Logan, Patton, Roman... where are they? Then he remembered the rule of all angels. Unless you are a guardian, you are forbidden from going onto the Earth. This whole accidental situation was taboo in the eyes of the gods And Angel court. Virgil could be banished from Heaven for this, and he broke his wing. He lost his privilege to fly. He cried out of pain. He cried for losing his friends. He cried for his newfound fate to be endlessly walking through purgatory like the other fallen angels and souls that are neither good enough for Heaven or bad enough for Hell.

"Poor Fallen Angel. You've shatters your wing, haven't you?"

Virgil whipped his head around and his heart started racing with adrenaline when he saw a demon smirking at him like a Cheshire cat, resting on a tree branch. His little green tail flickered and half his face was reptilian with a yellow gleaming snake eye. He coated himself in gold and black, his own bat wings folded. Virgil tried to scoot backwards, but with every movement a shot of pain surged through his wing to his back. An angel even meeting a demon is worth of being banished to hell. Demons are known for instant corruption. They are not to be allowed near angels in risk of their purity. Virgil didn't want to go to Hell. Virgil didn't want to go to Hell. Virgil didn't want to go to Hell!

"Oopsies Daisy, I forgot. Angels aren't allowed to talk to demons like me or they get 'corrupted', right? I never agreed with the bullshit the Court of God did or whatever. Heaven is so overrated in my opinion."

He rolled over on his back, looking at his nails. Upon closer inspection, Virgil gasped when he saw the tattoo of a banished angel on his hand. They burn tattoos of taboo all over banished angels, green tattoos for purgatory and dark blood red for hell. They burn them with blazing iron and it is said to be more painful than anything in the mortal world. But that's not all. The demon seemed to have these tattoos on his face as well. The court only burns the body, leaving the fact to be deformed on its own. Those tattoos seem to be artificial. As if this demon did it to themself on their good half of their face. The demon noticed Virgil's curiosity and laughed.

"I was banished for conversing with a demon. My twin brother was sent to hell for murdering the guy who murdered me. Heaven was my own personal hell, in a sense. I simply adored the tattoos they gave me once the fuckers of the court found me so I found some iron and decided to decorate myself. Now are you going to let me help you with that nasty little wing problem of yours or do you want to be stuck on earth until the court sentences you to Purgatory for the rest of your days? Honestly, Purgatory is so boring. Hell Is more fun."

Virgil jumped when the demon jumped down from the tree, approaching and spreading their wings. Their story was a noble one, and very cliché at that. Virgil tried scooting back when he noticed they were too close, but winced in pain. The demon sighed. Virgil clearly hadn't learned his lesson. The demon knelt down and placed his hand over the injury. Surprisingly, there was no pain. He squeezed on the wing, and there was no pain. Virgil watched them curiously as suddenly his wing could move. The demon stepped back and Virgil fluttered his wing. He smiled and hovered off the ground a little bit. He was healed! He could go back! But... what about the demon? He took a Sharp inhale and stuck out his hand. The court didn't exactly have to know about this now did he? 

"I'm Virgil."

The demon grinned, chuckling a deep laugh under his breath as if he was amused about this entire situation. Virgil saw that tattoos printed all over his hand. The normal ominously Latin text was transformed into beautiful works of art, bloody red like Satan himself. He took the demon's hand and shook it. Contact from the demon. The court didn't have to know. The court didn't have to know. Nobody had to find out about this meeting. Virgil watched the demon smile with their yellow teeth, flicking their forked snake tongue as they spoke.

"Just call me Deceit, Sweetheart. And if you ever find an Angel named Patton, tell him that the Black Cats will always be loved even when under the sun."

Like that, a puff of yellow smoke as the demon dissapeared. Probably back to hell. The demon knew Patton? They did say they used to be an angel before willingly going to Hell. Virgil looked at his hand. He gasped when he saw a word written in purple in Latin on his hand. Around it were pink, yellow, and blue hearts. What was the word? Misericors. A word that meant merciful. Virgil smiled before letting his beautiful white wings spread. He looked up at the sky and saw the very same torn clouds he fell through. He better fix those on his way back up.

 He repeated the words Deceit asked him to relay to Patton in his head. The Black Cat will always be loved, even when under the sun. The Black Cat will always be loved, even when under the sun. The Black Cat will always be loved, even when under the sun.

What on Earth could it mean?

1146 Words

Aww, that was shorter than I wanted. I wanted this to be a very epic story. Very epic and lore filled. Looks like I fell short lol. Sorry guys.

The whole Deceit story was kinda my moral. Sometimes some people are worth giving up what seems to be the perfect endgame. Good Family and Loving Friends sometimes mean more than getting that perfect life that everyone idealizes. More often than not, Realism overrules Idealism in life, that's just something we all gotta expect.

Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva