Dad [LAMP]

Patton for Dream Daddy DLC. A comment equals one signature for my petition.

STORYTIME!

Patton was walking around the house he shared with three other men, his boyfriends, looking around in case somebody needed him. Patton was the Dad friend, the one that acted a lot like a dad, while at the same time being a child. In other words, he's freaking amazing. Patton went to the kitchen to get some milk and cookies. The second he turned in the light he heard a frown from the living room, which was connected to the kitchen and dining room due to a lack of walls. Patton turned off the light and went to see what happened.

Sweet little Virgil was on the couch, trying to sleep. He looked like he had tear stains on his eyes and was cuddling the air. He was shivering s little bit, cold despite his puffy hoodie and jeans. He looked miserable and sad like a puppy who'd just been kicked. To puppy deserves that fate. Patton frowned and looked around. He's not strong enough to carry Virgil back up to his bedroom and tuck him in like a true parent, but he could help him while he was here. He just needed to find a pillow, a blanket, and maybe stuffed animal so he doesn't have to snuggle the air.

Patton left poor little Virgil to go find his little checklist. There was a pillow kicked onto the floor along with a blanket. Was Virgil down here before and trying to sleep on the couch? He probably had a nightmare and was too scared to be in his room, Patton would do the same thing with all the spiders in there. The last thing he needed was a stuffed animal, but that could wait. He went back to his precious baby boy. Patton lifted Virgil's head and placed the pillow underneath it. Virgil squeezed his eyes shut, as if having a nightmare. Patton wanted to pull hisnhands back and apologize, but he didn't want to startle him and wake him up. Patton took the blanket and wrapped Virgil up as snug as possible. He still needed something to hold while he slept. He still looked cold and miserable.

Patton went ahead and summoned a baby blue bunny stuffie and pushed it under Virgil's arms. He was still fowning in his sleep and curled up in a tiny ball, making Patton extremely concerned for the anxious side. Patton stood on his knees beside Virgil and pushed his fringe out of his face, placing a gentle kiss on his temple. Ah, there's the soft sleeping smile Patton loved to see on Virgil's face. Patton smiled warmly and stood up to his own two feet, returning upstairs to go back to sleep.

What he didn't know is that Virgil was awake the entire time. He was too scared of his nightmares to even try going back to bed. He was trying not to smile so Patton would leave and realize he wasn't awake. He ended up failing at the first part, yet Patton still hasn't realized he was up. Once Virgil felt it was safe he sat up, ruining Patton's perfect tuck in. Why was he awake past midnight? He normally is in bed by nine and wakes up at eight thirty, at least that's what he thought. Was this normal for him? Virgil just stared at where Patton was. He finally surrendered and smiled.

"Goodnight, Dad."

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

Patton had started waking up earlier so he could make breakfast for his lovely boyfriends and wish them good morning with a smile. He was trying to be proactive and responsible, just as a responsible adult would. He was letting the dough for his biscuits rest for maybe an hour beforehand he starts baking and shaping them. What time was it? Six thirty? He woke up an entire two hours early just so he can play the role he was meant for. Patton took a deep inhale and exhale, trying to keep himself positive and happy. That's when he saw Logan walk down the stairs, not completely awake.

He walked by Patton, completely ignoring the fact he was there. In the morning or after a nap, Logan's special recognition skills are below his IQ and he was normally disfigured. That's why he's normally the first one awake in the morning, getting himself  coffee. That wasn't the case this morning. Logan went ahead and made himself a coffee, squinty eyes and Glasses askew on his face. Patton giggled, finding the whole scene before him quite amusing. He never got to see Logan like this, he only heard second hand what drowsy Logan is like from Virgil. Patton joriced his tie was just hanging over his shoulders like a stethoscope, not even fixed. How cute.

Patton tapped on Logan's shoulder, trying to get his attention. Logan turned around and put his back to the coffee machine, wondering what the heck was going on. Patton gave him a warm smile and began to do his tie. Due to the author not knowing how trying a tie works, there will be no description for that action. However these two sentences filled the same ammount of space she would have used if she were to describe it, happy fourth wall break everybody. Patton then, after tying his tie for him, fixed his glasses and leaned on his toes to press a kiss onto Logan's nose.

"There, all spiffed up!"

Patton gave Logan a cliché anime headpat before opening the fridge. He'd completely forgotten to make sure they weren't out of Crofters! Silly Patton! This are for Kids! Patton knew how much Roman liked warm butter so he took out the butter plate and the jam and set the, on the table, letting both of them get to room temperature. Patton then took the dough of his biscuits out and began to shape them, the oven beeping to tell him that it had finally preheated to the correct temperature. 

Logan, who was just getting a hold of himself, watched Patton with curiosity. His brain didn't function until he had his coffee due to routine of caffeine intake. It wasn't the most healthy thing, but it wasn't harming him. Once Logan figured out what was going on and how badly he messed up his apparel, he stifled a chuckle. Patton was adorable, isn't he? Traditional Japanese Wife, or husband in this case. Logan remembered how much he loves everyone in their poly relationship and how caring he is. No wonder Logan, Virgil, and Roman all love him. Logan managed to whisper out three words before taking his first swig if bitter brown liquified caffeine. 

"Thank you, Dad."

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

Roman was watching Newsies for the millionth time on Netflix before it was taken down for good and he'd have to buy it on google play. Patton was in the room with him the entire time. Patton was witnessing all the standing up and doing the singing, trying his best to do the dance numbers, and the emotional rollercoaster that Roman went through. He heard every comment he had about wanting to do things he shouldn't be aware of with Jeremy Jordan and how Crutchie (Andrew Keenan Bolger) was the more adorable thing next to Patton. He appreciates the compliment and does everything he can to make Roman comfortable. Uh, well, almost.

Patton was bringing a tissue box over to Roman as the famous scene with his favorite character, Crutchie, goes through things he doesn't deserve because he's the sweetest most precious cinnamon roll who doesn't deserve what he got and it was transitioning to Jack Kelly's (Jeremy Jordan's) big solo number called Santa Fe. If you've never heard that song, leave this oneshot and go listen to it because I swear to go it will change your life forever. Also appreciate that man, Jeremy Jordan. Ain't he pretty? He's damn gorgeous! Back to the oneshot. 

Roman grabbed onto Patton's wrist and held him in his lap, burying his face in Patton's shoulder. It all happened so fast that Patton didn't even realize he dropped the tissue box and Roman wasn't singing like normal. Fandoms cause extreme feelings, kiddos, protect yourselves. Patton reached over and soothingly ran his fingers through Roman's hair for comfort. He managed to get off of Roman's lap and snuggle into his side, waiting for the very emotional song to end. It's similar to when Virgil hears someone plays a G Note every time Roman hears the words Santa Fe. Patton didn't quite understand, but he was here for Roman regardless.

"Don't worry, Roman. It'll be okay. You've seen this production a million times and you know it turns out great. Smile, it looks good on you."

Roman sniffled and looked up, realizing how messy Patton was because of him. His shirt was all wrinkled from him gripping it and his hair is frizzed from Roman tugging at it in sadness. The song was at its climax, Jeremy Jordan singing that extra long note at the end that turns lesbians straight and Hetero boys gay. Patton was right. He knows the ending of the musical. The song just got to him a little bit. He took Patton's ego boosting sdvice and let a wide, sunny smile play at his lips. He leaned forward and pressed a long, tender kiss on Patton's lips.

"I love you Dad."

1568 Words

Awwwwwwwww Yeah spring break just started and I'm going to be able to get some sleep! Woo hoo!

Hug your dad if you have one. If he's a good dad, he's there for you and only wants the best for you. If you don't have a good dad, then find someone who takes on the role of dad and give them a hug. A dad is someone who makes you feel safe, protects you, and teaches you. Your biological dad isn't always your dad. Well, emotionally bonded not scientifically speaking. Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva