Dancing's Not a Crime [Logince]

Seriosuly, how the FLUFFING HECK am I Number one in the Logince Tag?! I would have thought I'd get high marks for Royality or Analogical or something. It turns out people love Logince so have some Logince!

STORYTIME!

Logan wasn't supposed to like music. He was the logical side, music was creative. Totally different hemispheres of the brain. Opposing cortexes. However, there was something captivating about music and singing that Logan adored. It's why Thomas loves to sing so much and why he loves dancing. Logan, the only side who could find some opposition for loving music and to sing so much, doesn't have a desire to quit. Music History, Music Theory, writing songs, moving his body to music, everything seemed so formatted yet so interesting. The hard part was containing his love for it. He's not supposed to like it anyways.

Logan pretends like he hates singing. He pretends like he detests the idea and could never do a dance move other than his stylin dab in that one video and the move people call "the robot". However his efforts were in vain as one of his corresponding sides began to catch on. It was obvious. Which side was catching on to his musical tendencies? None other than the opposite cortex. None other than the right side of the bride. None other than Roman James Sanders. Yes, he gave himself a middle name. Just goes to show how extra he is. Logan brushed it off or ignored it every single time he tried to bring it up. Logan will not admit defeat. He is not submitting to the Right Brain.

Even with all this going on, Logan needed a retreat. His room was soundproofed and he could listen to music and do whatever he wants. Logan was learning how to compose, taking tips after Thomas's friend Jahmal. Nobody knows that it was Logan of all sides having Thomas ask Jahmal composing tips every time they work together. Logan was also the one talking with Joan how to write a song. Logan had his room as a sanctuary to practice the theory of music. 

Logan closed his eyes and took off his glasses. They were in the way whenever he decided he was going to sing. With a snap of his fingers, roaring orchestral notes filled the entire room. A music box and a piano trickled through, emphasizing the harmony and the synchronization of the many stringed instruments. Good, this was very good. Now, if only he could remember how the song started or what language he associated with this. Did he sing this one in Spanish, Russian, or Simmish?

The door to His room was slammed open before Logan could cut off the music. Logan clapped it off quickly, seeing none other than Roman in the doorway. Roman was frozen there like a deer in headlights, staring at Logan. Logan fumbled to turn around in his swivel chair and pick his glasses back up from the top of the desk he was sitting at, sliding them on his face so tight his eyelashes were pressed against the lenses.

"Roman, ah, uh, you've caught me at an undesirable time. What is it you need of me so I can send you on your way?"

Instantly, a Cheshire grin swept over his face. He looked like spongebob in that one episode where he figures out that Squidward does enjoy Krabby Patties. Another meme that Logan was trying to keep up with in this modernization of society. Roman stepped into the room and shut the door behind him. Without skipping a beat nor saying a single word, he clapped his hands and salsa music came on. Why was his room obeying Roman? Bad room! You were designed to obey Logan and only Logan! Why are you malfunctioning!?

"I knew you loved music! Dance with me, Logan!"

Roman began tapping his feet against the floor, moving his legs in fluid lotions so that he could spin around the room while keeping up with the beat of the song. Roman began snapping his fingers, keeping count of the beat in his head. Salsa was a Latin music and dance style, very face pased and energized. It wasn't exactly Logan's style in the slightest. Logan shook his head and let out an agitated puff of air, still pretending like he didn't want to dance at all. Roman pouted and stopped. 

"Wow, you're no fun Logan. How about this!"

Roman clapped his hands twice again. The salsa music stopped and some elegant flute and harp music began playing, violins and violas slowly finding their way into the symphony. Roman changes his fast, quick, fluid movements into elegant strides, pacing around the room. Logan watched him carefully, taking not of his posture and everything in his body Language. He wanted nothing more than to join him, but he was the left brain! Left brain is logic and logic doesnt do music! Logan was stubborn, crossing his arms and blowing his hair out of his face.

"Roman, perhaps asking Logic to dance with you or do anything music related with you isn't your brightest idea."

Roman halted where he stood. He almost looked offended by the statement. He looked like he was ready to argue and/or debate, just like always. They were constantly clashing and arguing. What would you expect from polar opposites? Logic versus Creativity? Facts versus Opinion? Truth versus Ego? Of course the two would always be bickering and bickering. Roman pursed his lips together and clapped his hands together once, turning off the music. He walked up to Logan so that their faces weren't too far apart, but they weren't at kissing distance. Roman did this when he wanted to make a very important point.

"I know where you stand on music, but have you ever considered that you love it because there's logic to it too? That's what makes it such a beautiful art, it requires thought. You have to think meanings through, you have to decide what sounds good together, there's history to study and theories to follow. I knew you'd love music because you love all of those things. Singing, dancing, and everything I do is an expression of joy and rejoice after figuring out a new combination. I thought you of all people would understand there's more to music than a simple performance. With that said, I'll ask you one more time: Dance with me Logan?"

Roman, after delivering a monologue that was too perfect to not have been prepared, clapped his hands. The same elegant track as before began playing loud in his room. Roman had a hand extended towards Logan. Logan had to pause and think for a little while. Maybe that's why he did feel a frecitational pull towards music. It followed all the laws of learning a new language and if didn't have history. There were combinations to try and experimented to be made. Music wasn't just an art, music was also a science. If Roman could see that before him, then Roman exerted his respect. Logan ceded the battle by placing his hand in Roman's. He looked him dead in the eye and finally let himself wear a real smile.

"All right, Pretty Boy. Let's dance."

1095 Words

Okay wow this one was really bad and stale I'm sorry I had to make you all read that garbage. I had a really good day and I'm excited for tomorrow because tomorrow is my Mum's birthday! I call her mum for no reason. Just sounds cute.

You have every right to enjoy what you enjoy. You don't have to be ashamed or give a reason why you love something. The fact that you love something should be reason enough to do it! Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva