Clover [Moxiety] (LGBTQA+ Pride AU)

The world needs some positivity, so I'm going to try and bring some. 

STORYTIME!

Patton sat in the grass fields of the schoolyard. He worked at an elementary school and it was recess for the grade he was student teaching for: Kindergarten. The teacher he worked under was named Mrs. Torres-Rosario and all the children loved her. Patton loved her too, but not like that. She was happily married. But she was like the supportive mother he didn't really have. Growing up trans problems amirite? Either way, Patton didn't mind. He was happy here and that's what mattered most.

"Hey, are you Mister Lovett?"

Patton looked up after hearing his preferred last name. He had it changed after he was kicked out from his family and disowned. He saw a person around his age standin there, hands shoved into their hoodie. Why were they wearing a hoodie? It was late Spring! In Florida! Patton nodded, giving the person a bright and cheery smile. Sometimes a smile is just the best thing you can do in reply to someone. 

"Good, I found the right guy. Uh, my name is Doctor Torres-Rosario, but you can call me Virgil. I, err, see, I was told about a really nice man student teaching here from the college I graduated from a year ago by my older sister Valerie and she asked me to come meet you today since, well, uh, you would actually understand me."

Patton was confused for a moment, until realizing. Patton saw the non-binary pride heart pin on the jacket along with a few others like a asexual panromantic flag button and Lunala pin from Pokémon ultra moon. Patton patted the ground next to him, urging the non-binary pal to sit right here next to him. They may be older than him by a year or two, but Patton could see they had anxiety. Before anything, Patton has to help them with that.

"Do you know how to make Flower Crowns, Virgil?"

Virgil seemed confused on why Patton would ask such a thing. Patton took that answer as a no and plucked a few clovers from the patch and started weaving them together. Then he took one of the yellow flowers yet to become a dandilion and weaved it in the center of those clovers, starting the very front of the clover crown. Patton showed it to them, and Virgil still remained confused. Inertia I guess. Patton should probably explain himself before they get weirded out and just leave.

"Flower crowns are a great way to get rid of anxiety and stress, and you get to make something fun! You seem really nervous, so we should spend recess doing this and we can talk about whatever you want while making them! I'm also free after class since Mrs. Torres-Rosario doesn't have bus duty or any papers to grade."

Virgil nodded slowly, understanding. Patton smiled contently and kept weaving the covers around skillfully. Virgil simply watched him. Did he not know how to make a flower crown? That's really sad. Patton will just have to teach them once he's done with this one! He rushed to get all the clovers thinly rounded out into a band and tied them together, making an ocular crown with a single yellow flower at the front center. Patton reached over and gave it to Virgil, placing it on their head. Virgil flinched and tried to look up at it. Their reaction was adorable!

"See? It looks lovely on you! Do you want to know how to make one?"

Virgil shook their head, careful to not throw the clover crown off of their head. The started taking off their hoodie and unbuttoned the non-binary pride pin. They then proceeded to tie the jacket around their waist and hand the pin to Patton. Now it was Patton's turn to be confused. He looked up at Virgil, needing an explanation. It would take a moment for them to think of the right words until he got one.

"Valerie actually told me to come to you for help with my dysphoria. See, my parents are very traditional with gender roles. They want me to be this big masculine figure who is a father with a large family to be the single provider for. Valerie showed them that a woman can work and still have a large family, but... I'm not a man. This whole pressure to build a family and have kids is making me really dysphoric and I don't know what to do. Val said you could sympathize and help me."