Nothing to Hide [Analogical] (Trans Pride AU)

MtF transgender Virgil

Trans people are valid. Genderqueer people are valid. Genderfluid people are valid. Intersex people are valid. Non-Binary people are valid. Everyone is valid. Respect everyone.

Virgil stared at themself in the mirror, disguised as Valerie again. They didn't want to be Talyn, Joan, nor Terrence in that episode. But being Valerie... they could be a girl like they wanted to. Virgil hasn't told any of the other sides about this or about being a bit uncomfortable with the masculine pronouns. Virgil prefers neutral or feminine pronouns, leaning heavily on the feminine side. What if Virgil had nice long hair? What if Virgil had a bigger chest and an innie instead of an outie? As Valerie, they could have that. They traced their lips with purple glittery gloss and did their eyelids too. They saw in the mirror someone they finally wanted to be. Virgil felt a smile on their lips, on her lips. But a knock on his bedroom door startled them. The worst part was Virgil couldn't say anything until he reverted back to their original self so they could have the voice that belonged to Thomas, a boy.

"Virgil? Patton and Roman have requested your presence in the living room of the mindspace. Roman summoned a snowstorm and wants to make gingerbread houses."

Virgil quickly changed back to their original form. The makeup was still on their face. They had to deal with it for now. Virgil fumbled for a baby wipe to clean their face off. Logan, the sometimes loud and extremely rational side, entered in the room after hearing a lack of response our of his fellow sides. Logan noticed Virgil was frantically wiping their face. He noticed the black and the glitter on the wipe. Of course, Logan has been noting strange habits out of this one, especially when being referred to as masculine pronouns. It was odd, and Logan had his theories. Perhaps now was a good time to bring up whatever was on Virgil's conscious? Whatever it was, it must have had something to do with their identity. Logan's hypothesis is that Virgil is Genderfluid. Maybe it's time to see if he is right or wrong.

"Virgil, you're making it obvious you have a secret. Based on the way you've been acting, it has been showing symptoms of severe gender dysphoria. I believe it would be for your best interest for me to try and give you some psychotherepudic treatment and begin a conversation with you.  Allow me to make it a better environment."

Logan conjured two fanciful and extremely comfy chairs and an ottoman. He also got some hot chocolate for Virgil since he knows that Virgil despises coffee. It's too bitter for Virgil. Virgil paused, staring at Logan. Since when was he the accepting one? In reality, Logan was just a fanboy who was eager to find out if his theory was true. He already had an entire defense explaining why Virgil can be Genderfluid and a giant elaborate theory about Patton being Pansexual and why each of the sides can have different gender/sexual identities and it involved a lot of psychology and how each of the sides of Thomas's personality grew up and were born from their core memories, sort of like the movie Inside Out. This is getting off topic. Oh, and Logan's Demisexual in case you were wondering what he is in this universe. Virgil took his seat.

"Well, uh, Logan... This isn't exactly the easiest thing to bring up you know. You And I both know from Thomas's dreadful coming out story that things like this should be eased into."

Oh yeah, that was a nightmare. But the fact Virgil mentioned coming out confirmed his speculations even further. Logan raised a brow and let a small smirk play at his lips. Virgil turned bright red. Virgil was really cute with a bright red blush. It would most likely make Roman's sash green with envy. Before Virgil could rephrase or protest anything, Logan held up a single finger to silence him. Logan had some input to say before Virgil went off on a giant tangent too fast to be audibly clear in his little anxious state.

"I am well aware, however you should know that all six of us should have nothing to hide from one another. I am open about my demisexuality and Deceit has made it well known that he is an asexual Demiromantic. As well as Remy being Non-Binary and Roman won't shut up about his omniromanticism and homosexuality. If there is anything about your identity, sexuality or gender, we all are open to hearing it. I may sound like Patton about your name, but I also have been theorizing about this for the longest time and I have a desire to know if my calculations are correct."

Virgil chuckled. Of course. Sometimes Patton and Logan could be two peas in a pod. Virgil ignored the fact that he has been so obvious about it. Virgil took a deep breath and they snapped their fingers, turning back into Valerie. Virgil as Valerie made the most sense, but Virgil isn't want to change their name. Or should they start referring to themselves as her now since they're coming out? Virgil wanted to keep her name exactly the way it is. The name has kept her from her transition from male to female. That name perfectly describes her as a person, not her as a boy. Virgil is still Virgil, but Virgil is a girl. Patton would probably make a witty and cute wordplay with those rhyming words. Virgil watched Logan's expression for something, anything. All he got was a small smile but a curious look in those smooth chocolate eyes of his. What could he be thinking? 

"Well... I'm Transgender. I'm a girl, Logan. Sorry if I worried you or anyone else. I still like boys and I'm still Virgil,  but I'm a girl. Having everyone turning me into the others, especially Valerie, just tipped me over the edge. I couldn't hide it anymore. I'm a girl. So... yeah..."

Logan was mentally cursing himself out. How could he be wrong?! He's never wrong! He was certain that Virgil was Genderfluid! Alas, not everyone can be right one hundred percent of the time. Virgil is a girl. Strictly she/her pronouns when referring to Virgil from now on. Logan un-summoned his coffee and grabbed Virgil's hand. Virgil looked back at Logan, maintaining the eyes of Virgil even in Valerie's body. As long as Virgil is the most comfortable being herself, then Logan is happy for her. Logan smiled as best as he could at Virgil, making sure that she knows that she is one hundred percent valid and accepted.

"See? Nothing to hide. I just wish my speculations were more accurate."

Virgil rose an eyebrow. What on Earth did Logan think he was!?

Edited 1124 Words

Everybody is valid. You are valid. Everyone of different sexualities, romanticisms, And genders are ALL valid. Well, unless it's something stupid like identifying as an attack helicopter. That's just making a mockery out of people who genuinely feel like they weren't put in the wrong body or identify as something different than the gender binary. You are brave, you are true, and you have a right to be you. Continue being awesome!

~Eva