Silent Mornings [Moxiety]

Good morning sweetheart. Rise and shine. Today is going to be a good day. I can feel it. <3

STORYTIME!

Virgil felt himself streaming back into consciousness after the most amazing dream he's had in a long while. He was staring at the end of the world, but it wasn't bad. It was a good end of the world. He stood there hand in hand with the one person he loves more than anything and he watched the sunset mix with the twilight of space, smiling. It was gorgeous and there was a fading piano music. He didn't understand why the Dream was so great. Maybe it wasn't the end of the world at all. Maybe it was then begining of a new world. Either way, it was beauitful through and through. Just like the one by his side: Patton.

Virgil opened his groggy eyes. The first thing he saw was light. Wait. Light? His room has no windows and is always dark for a reason. However it was... refreshing to wake up to something similar to sunlight? Virgil noticed a window closed by bright blue curtains, half falling at doing their job but they're trying their best so it's okay. Virgil noticed that his body was being held down at Many different points. By his leg and by his stomach were two weights, leaning onto him. There was something wrapped around his wasit and something large and warm pressed against his back. He slowly began to feel the steady, warm breathing on his shoulder. Virgil looked down and saw a puppy curled up next to his stomach for warmth. A tiny little pug. Aww, how cute.

Wait a second. Light blue? Bright? Puppies? Oh lord. Virgil's blood went cold with the realization. Was he in Patton's bed? Was Patton snuggling into him from behind? The cold instant fear was replaced by warm fuzziness and anxious flips in his stomach. Patton was willingly cuddling him. Virgil noticed that only one of his Arms was free. His right was trapped underneath Patton's arms, and he didn't dare do a single thing that might wake him up. Virgil smiled and reached out for the pug, scratching the tiny dog from behind his ears. The little pug purred like a tomcat, causing Virgil to breathe out a soft chuckle. Dogs are so adorable. 

Virgil looked around the room, focusing on his surroundings. Patton had his walls painted over with baby blue and white clouds. This was his bedroom, not the nostalgia house he brought Thomas into for the Sanders Sides Video. There was a little Thomas the Tank Engine track scattered on the floor in Virgil's line of sight and there was a little chest over-full with stuffed animals. Virgil could only theorize that Patton normally  snuggles with one of those when he sleeps. Virgil imagined the thought and it was so adorable. Everything about Patton as adorable and lovely. He loves him so much.

Virgil's eyelids were heavy and he was slowly lurking himself back to sleep, singing a lullaby in his head. Somebody's taking a train to sleepytime junction. Somebody is so tired he can barely function. Thank you Dan Avidan for sharing that story so someone can remaster it into a song. Virgil didn't realize he was being stroked on his face and through his hair. He was too tired to process it. He leaned backwards to the warmth, which he forgot what exactly it was, and went back to that dream. The beginning of a new world where sunset meets the twilight, where he can hold hands with Patton, when there isn't anything to care about yet so that he can just smile.

Meanwhile, Patton had been awake and noticed Virgil's grogginess. Virgil needed the sleep. See, the real story is that Virgil hadn't been sleeping for a few days due to anxiety kicking in something awful. While Virgil was in a delirious sleep deprived state, he took him to his room and cuddled with him. Patton kept him asleep and stable. Patton couldn't help but admire and adore Virgil when he is right here in his arms. Patton smiled warmly, not minding the blurriness without his glasses, and kept stroking through Virgil's hair. He was lucky the dogs all stayed quiet and calm this long. They've been sleeping in from nine last night to ten this morning. Patton had made a sign outside his door not to come in until at least noon. He was getting his snuggle time with his precious Virgil.

749 Words

I'm so sorry for not getting enough words to meet my quota. I'm horrible. However I do feel like this is a somewhat decent oneshot so I'm giving it to you. Tomorrow I have loads of testing so... yeah.

Get your rest. Get your sleep. You need it to function. You need to rest up for a big day. You need to rest up for any day. Please rest. You need it. Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva