Earlygame [Moceit] (RPG AU)

We need more Patton in our lives. If only more people were like Patton.

Hold up 33K reads wHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS OMG WHY DO YOU GUYS SPOIL MEEEEEEEEEEEEE

so... I've been obsessed with this rpg called strain odyssey so have a Fic based off of it for 8bit cuteness.

STORYTIME!

The adventure had only just begun. The hero named Deceit by the player had gotten their map and had begun the challenge of becoming a guild in Yggdrasil. The goal? Conquer the labrynth! A five man team was recommended, however this player had decided only to give Deceit a single other party member for now. His name was Patton and he was a sweetheart he will protect until the end of time. It was highly disadvantageous, but the play's didn't was on picnic mode so it didn't really matter. Let's give you the character profiles and descriptions for all the gamers out there!

Deceit: Class- Alchemist. Specialty in Elemental Magic/Formula. Optimum armor for beginning of the game. Character portrait has a long scar from his right eyebrow downwards and he looks sort of snake like woth his black, gold, and green aesthetic. Weapons equitable are Spears, bows, and staves. Have well rounded stats to keep themselves alive.

Patton: Class- Medic. Specialty in healing practices. Optimum armor and weapon for beginning of the game. Character portrait is a cute boy with classes and an oversized lab coat just doing his best with the biggest grin ever. Weapons equitable are staves and broadswords. They have low defense and attack, but high magic for healing. 

With that out of the way, the two entered the labrynth where they shall start their journey together as a guild. Patton was extremely excited and happy, bringing a smile onto Deceit's face. Normally players don't choose their specific portrait, leaving them unused and unloved. However having a player that picked them so early on Andy having even just one team member who wanted them there was heartwarming... even if he wasn't self aware of the game like he was. 

"Let's do our best! Okay Deceit? We're going to own this Labrynth and be heroes!"

He cheered on with pride and determination like a seven year old boy would do when playing pretend. Patton really is the most adorable little squishbean in the freaking world. He rose his broadsword in the air, almost dropping a few small health capsules to the ground. He was lucky that Deceit grabbed him and brought him back down to standing on his feet rather than just his toes so that he wouldn't render those items useless. Patton was a bit clumsy, but that just made him even more adorable. Not annoying as you may think.

"Yes, let us be heroes. Onward! The Prince Of Yggdrasil asked that we collect a few item a to prove our worthiness as a guild. The soldier marked the area on our map we must draw and where the general location of the treasure chest is."

Deceit showed Patton the map. Patton looked at it, confused. All he saw was a padrchment with a yellow dot on it. Deceit knew that they clearly were going to have to draw the map. Looking around at the area right now in front of them, Deceit pulled a quilt out of the game's code to draw in the map. They were really hoping that the player put in the auto-map because Deceit really didn't feel like doing this. After walking forward a bit, they sighed in relief. They did put on the auto-map. 

Deceit ventured forth, just walking around to fill the map. Patton cheeefully followed beside them, starting conversation and just having a merry time. Patton was busy talking about his three identical brothers when the game threw them into the battle sequence. Since Deceit cannot see the meter in which it tells the player how close a monster is to you, every encounter is a surprise. Patton yelped and jumped behind Deceit when he saw the creatures they must fight. A terrifying pink and purple mole and a butterfly thing. Deceit took out their shortspear, ready to fight.