Halloween Committee [Moxiety] (Soulmate AU)

I forgot to type stuff up here. Whoops. You'll figure out the AU lol. It's cool. This was my thing for the plot swap.

STORYTIME!

Patton looked at all three charms on his bracelet. Everyone else around him has several charms. People have instruments, microphones, footballs, tennis shoes, pencils, books, cats, birds, all of everything on their wrists while Patron only has three dull charms. He only had the heart that every bracelet comes with (his soulmate's heart was purple apparently), a pair of black headphones, and a jack-o-lantern. This made Patton really sad. Did his soulmate not have that many interests? Was his soulmate depressed? It made Patton really sad.

Patton tries his best to be a part of everything he can to get and find his soulmate and make that person feel better. He goes to the mall and to music stores all around to try and find them and scours the internet to try and find them. He guessed that the jack-o-lantern meant that his soulmate really loved Halloween so every year Patton is a part of the Halloween committee st his school and puts on a Haunted House every year in hopes his soulmate still does Trick or Treat so he can meet them. The heart is supposed to go gold when you meet your soulmate, so Patton was always checking for the golden heart. So far? Nothing.

It was October 29th and Patton was putting up fliers all around town for the community Halloween Bash. Patton was going to go as Scooby Doo and it was going to be great! Patton still remained optimistic, even though he was really sad for his soulmate. He was also woth a few young teenagers who really wanted to help out. Patton loved kids! He wanted to be a father and a daycare provider when he grew older. Patton made sure that they were putting up the fliers right before getting ready to move on. Both of the teenagers had golden hearts and they were holding hands. It only made Patton even lonelier.

"Yo, so are you in charge of this operation? "

Patton turned around to see a pretty festive guy around his age sipping a 7/11 Slurpee woth Black headphones around his neck. He had this purple and black hoodie and ripped back jeans. His shirt was oversized and advertised a band called Set it Off. Patton knows one or two songs from them. They were aggressively optimistic and Patton kind of liked it. The two younger teenagers looked over and nodded cheerfully, pointing to Patton. He shrugged and focused on Patton. Patton couldn't describe it, but he felt some sort of connection.

"Yeah! I have been for years! Since I was their age. Are you interested in helping out or just seeing what it is before you decide to go? I so recommend it!"

The guy looked over at the flyer, getting close to read it. Patton took a flyer from his stack and handed it over to the guy, who mumbled a word of Thanks under his breath. Patton looked over at the kids, who were distracted by a middle aged couple's dogs they were walking. Patton smiled warmly, seeing them. He looked down at the person's wrists, noticing that their charm bracelet was covered by their sleeves. Patton had completely forgotten to look at his own wrist. If he did, he would have noticed that the heart had been gilded gold. We stan alliteration and verbs that the majority of the population don't understand.

"Halloween Bash, huh? I'm guessing the kids leave after eleven and it's an all nighter. You have to be planning something mega scary for the witching hour."

The way he was looking right now was unbearable. Fangirls would be shrieking and screaming at mister JD-lightful over here. He wore a smirk and his eyebrows were cocked up. Patton felt his heart do the thumpity thump. He felt the honryglow rose in his cheeks, further proving his innocence. Patton thought about it, but his brain was scrambled. When was the Witching hour again? When did the party end again? Ha ha...

"I don't think so. B-but if you join the committee you can help plan something super spooky and awesome for then! Are you thinking some sort of jumpscare emporium? Scary movie marathon? Spooky storytime? I can't wait to hear all about your ideas!"

The person was staring at Patton's arms for some reason. Patton was confused. Did he have something on his arm or were the flyers flying away? Patton looked at the papers. No, everything was normal. Then something gold caught his eye. He flipped his wrist around and saw the heart was made entirely out of gold now. Patton gasoed and dropped everything, shrieking like a fanboy. The guy pushed his sleeve up to reveal that he shared a golden heart. There were millions of charms littered over the bracelet. Patton flung himself into their arms, hugging them tight.

"OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS I FINALLY FOUND YOU THIS IS SO AWESOME I AM SO HAPPY ANCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ!!!"

He practically tackled the other person over. The person looked at the bracelet adorning Patton's wrist. Patton frowned when they individually went through the two peronsalized charms on his wrist. The person sighed and retracted his hand, pulling away from Patton's warm and loving embrace.

"I should've known I wouldn't have many charms... sorry."

Patton brought him into the biggest hug ever and decided that now was the perfect time to go out on a giant monologue to make his soulmate feel better.

"Don't worry. There is always time. Now that I've found you we can make so many new charms and find so many things for you to love! I know you love Halloween Nd Music but there's so much more! We can try instruments!  We can try art! We can try horse riding and you can help me volunteer at the daycare center and animal shelter! I don't even know you're name but I am willing to do anything to make you feel better... oh yeah! My name is Patton. Patton Loveitt. And I promise I will help you fill up this charm bracelet with so much personality everyone will be jealous."

Patton embraced his soulmate again, trying to prevent the tears from falling from his eyes. With a sniffle, his soulmate hugged him back and buried his face in his shoulder. He completely forgot about the slurpee he dropped on the cement and the kids who are returning from petting the dog.

"Thanks... my name is Virgil... Hello soulmate."

1058 Words

I always hate my ideas in these prompt swaps because they're never as good as Jordan's. Bleh.

I hope everyone is having a good day! Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva