Windows [LAMP +D +R]

I'm emotionally and physically tired... so here's a little angsty fluff to keep your spirits up.

STORYTIME!!!

Patton stared out of the window behind him in his place during a Sanders Sides video, sitting on the windowsil. He had the drapes open and he watched the rain trickle down the outside of the glass. In Florida, it was storming real bad. In the mind palace, it was only raining a moderate amount. Patton liked to watch the rain. It calmed him down when times got real bad. That's why he would conjure up rain in the mind palace when he was down in the dumps. It told his boyfriends that he was sad and it gave him something to do. Logan even explained why Patton likes the rain when he was sad. Something about Negitive Ions or something? He's pretty sure it was something like that.

"Hey sister. Let me guess, feeling blue?"

Remy sighed and handed Patton his favorite drink from Starbucks. Every side has a different favorite. Patton just nodded and took a nice long sip of his hot chcolate with extra whipped cream and sprinkles. Patton always adds sprinkles himself, but Remy did it for him because he was such a good boyfriend. Patton turned his head to watch the rain trickling down. He felt Remy rest his head on his leg. Patton glanced over at him to see he was playing on his phone, sitting on the floor in the traditional criss-cross Applesauce sitting position. Remy was scrolling through Social Media, trying to find a bunch of cute animal pictures and memes so he could air drop them or send them to Patton. That's how Remy cheers others up. Aesthetics and Memes.

"Patton? I noticed it was raining so I would assume you aren't feeling your normal regal self. Worry not! I am here to lift your spirits! Oh, hey Remy."

Roman walked around the corner of the mindspace. Remy didn't look up from his phone or take out his earbud, he just held up a peace sign towards him so he knew that he aknowledged his existence. Roman waltzed over and sat down next to Remy, taking Patton's hand and holding it tight in his own. Patron stared at Roman as he used his other hand, his dominant hand, to conjure a composition book he held up with his legs. He began writing in some random page. Patton assumed that it was one of Roman's new original characters. Roman loves making up new people and worlds. Writing was more fun than reading to him anyways. Patton felt a little better, but his heart was still heavy. Patton focused back on the rain again, the pitter-patter soothing his soul.

"Pat? You okay there bud? 'Sup Roman, Remy."

Roman winked to aknowledge Virgil's entrance and Remy did his signature peace sign. Virgil walked over to Patton and brushed the bangs out of his face. Patton pried his eyes away from the gray skies of the window again. He watched as Virgil mailed gently at him and pecked his forehead for reassurance. Virgil, the only other side who doesn't mind sitting on the windowsil (because he doesn't give a fuck about what is and isn't a chair) sat down across from Patton and leaned his own head against the window. Patron watched Virgil close his eyes for a moment. Patton smiled. He must have woken Virgil up with the rain, hadn't he? Virgil normally takes his naps around now doesn't he? He's such a bad parent and boyfriend, isn't he? Ha ha. Patton did the same, but kept his eyes open so he could watch the rain. 

"Patton, needing a break from all the positive ions again? It seems I am a little bit late to join you all and I apologize. My recent study session ran a little long as  was trying to understand the physical properties of light. I hope the fact I am here now is adequate?"

Patton looked over at him and nodded. It was fine. Logan fixed his tie and sat next to Remy and leaned his head against Virgil's legs. He pulled out a book, not a science I read math book but just your regular novel, and began reading. Logan didn't make a big fuss or anything. He knew that his presence was enough for Patton. Meanwhile Remy pulled out his earbuds and shared his music with Roman, who was doodling away in his little composition book. Virgil was out like a light and Patton looked back outside the window. He still felt sad, but it wasn't quite as bad as it was before. He still felt kind of empty and hollow. 

"It's so wonderful to see the five of you waited on me. Patton, you seem cheerful. Why don't I find myself a little space up there with you, dear?"

Deceit! Everyone was here. All five of Patton's boyfriends. Deceit slithered around and found his way on the windowsil, Even though it was a tight fit. Patton adjusted himself so his legs weren't s sprawled about, but Deceit shook his head. Instead he just sat in Patton's lap, slinking down and almost purring a little bit. Patton giggled and ran his fingers through Deceit's hair. Deceit just stared up at Patton adoringly, as if he was trying to tell him he loved him but all he could say were lies at the moment. That's fine! Patton felt so warm and happy and wholesome... he couldn't be sad anymore.

Sure, Thomas just experienced a very bad week. First be does terrible at an Audition, then his brother gets injured in combat (he's okay just in the hospital), and then his boyfriends breaks up with him. It's a lot to deal with for just one core side. Being the heart is hard sometimes. But.... with acceptance it was fine. His logic tells him that everything will be okay. His anxiety tells him that he's worried, and that's valid. His creativity thinks of all the new possible things that he can do. His sleep allows him to dream of happy thoughts. And lastly, his deceit helps him figure out what is true and what is not. Combine all of that together, and you can mend a broken heart. Patton smiled and the sun started poking through the clouds again. No more rain.

1050 Words

I kinda needed this for myself.... so I hope you liked this...

People have bad days. That's just a fact. But if you can remember that life isn't complete without bad days and it's okay to be imperfect, then you're already better than the rest of the world. Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva