Field of Hopes and Dreams [LAMP] (Deltarune AU)

The power of fluffy Boiz and mean girls fills you with DETERMINATION. Save here? [💜] yes. Loading.... loading.... save complete.

STORYTIME!

The tress hold dark star marshmallow fruits, the grass and leaves are all bright pink, and the so called sky surrounding them was dark purple. Logan was adorned in his signature navy. A striped cape resting on his shoulder with a naginata at his command. For those who don't know what a naginata is, its sort of like a Japanese style spear or lance. Logan had fallen down into this world with another student in his class, Virgil, and he was determined to get out. Speaking of Virgil, in this underground kingdom of darkness he stumbled upon two more allies. His party of four was taking a much needed rest, so this would be the perfect time to lay some exposition and describe each teammate.

First was Virgil himself. The emo punk bad boy of the school. He wore a black vest with a purple flannel tank top underneath. He showed off his arms and wore those spikey bracelets similar to what Bowser wears in the Mario Bros. Franchise. He has a soft spot, as Logan had learned on their journey, and he prides himself in being tough.

Second was Patton, the sweetheart prince of this land who wants to save everyone. He wore a  light blue clock and wizard hat to match it, the hat having a pastel yellow heart adorning the front like a crest. He wore glasses that were uncannily identical to Logan's and a pastel pink scarf around his neck. He was a Snuggly Boi.

Lastly and leastly in Logan's personal opinion was Roman. Roman was the son of the King of Hearts, who was the guardian of the pillar of darkness which would allow Logan and Virgil to go home. Roman was a narcissist prince who thought he was the greatest and he deserved a reward for everything. He was extremely stupid, but Virgil seemed to love him. 

Exposition out of the way, damn that was long, Logan presses his glasses back up the bridge of his nose and collected his belongings. His tote bag and naginata were resting against one of the twin marshmallow trees. Patton, Virgil, and Roman were all digging into them and restoring their HP. Apparently Logan was the only one of the four with vidability to their statistics and percentiles, that's why they voted that he be the leader of the group. It was majority rules, much to Roman's dismay.

"We should most likely venture forth. If we want to get to the Dark Pillar and get the blessing from the King of Hearts."

Patton looked up from his sweet treat that was bigger than his head. He smiled sweetly and nodded, getting up from sitting against the tree and skipping over to Logan. Virgil and Roman, however, decided not to respect Logan's wishes. They ignored him and Virgil made a snark your comment about Logan being a know-it-all, causing Roman to laugh. Logan would much appreciate it if those two could spare the flirting for a later time. Logan groaned and looked over to Patton, the only person there who respected him. He gave him a comforting pat on the head and handed him his lance before approaching the other two. He spoke more to Virgil rather than to Roman. Roman wasn't going to listen to him no matter what. Those two are basically arch nemesi. Wait, what's the plural of nemesis? Nemesises or Nemesi? Platypi? Who knows.

"Virgil, don't you want to get home to see your Big Brother Remy? If so we should move out."

Virgil froze in place. Virgil didn't really have any friends and his parents both left him, so the only person he had to love him was his big brother. That was his main motivations for getting out of this hellhole. Virgil sat in silence, freezing up like a deer in headlights. Logan must have upset him, hadn't he? He wasn't exactly the person who could empathize nor sympathize with someone else. He better apologize the only way he knows how: flirtatiously and low key romantically. Logan put his hands in his shoulders and gently kissed his forehead. Patton taught him how to do that earlier during the tutorial.

"Apologies for bringing up any horrible memories, Virgil."

Virgil shook his head, just staring at the ground rather than at the ally directly across from him. Patton returned to the circle of four, Holding Logan's naginata for him. Roman stood up and walked around towards Patton, taking the weapon away from him. Patton was the healer, he was too precious to be even carrying a weapon. Logan removed physical contact with Virgil as he stood up.

"Nah, it's good. Let's go."

Onwards to the field of hopes and dreams. Virgil took the lead, walking with king strides and heavy feet. Patton scrambled to catch up to him, stirring conversation with the brute of the bunch. Virgil was the mean boi. Logan watched the two go father and father away from himself, Patton trying desperately to bring a smile upon Virgil's lips. Logan smiled, feeling a sense of pride from the two getting along. If only he and Roman could be like that. Virgil and Patton both got along with everyone in the group. Speaking of Roman, Logan turned to see him pursing his lips. He shoved his lance back into his hands.

"Time get get going, Specs. You already got Virgil riled up and ready to leave, so let's just get to my father and get this over with."

His words were laced with venom as he hurried his strides to get to the other two. Logan understood exactly why he was mad. Logan was urging to get himself and Virgil home, and Roman didn't want them to leave. He was thinking about himself. Yet, Logan was thinking about himself as well. However he had a family at home who needed him. His mother was ill and he hadn't another family member around enough to care for her. He needs to get back to his world. Logan didn't hurry or rush, he just began walking. He had his spear in hand and tote bag slung over his shoulder.

Onward through the field of hopes and dreams.

1037 Words

Deltarune fans should be happy with me. A kid in my school is obsessed with this so this one goes out to him. We call him Smol Asian Child and everybody loves him. He's so damn CUTE!!! He's basically Patton and his face goes entirely red when another one of our friends makes a dirty joke. So precious!

No advice rn. Sorry. I'll get some in the second chapter I'll post later today. Bidaily oneshots are great, aren't they? Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva