Shipped [Logicality] (Teachers AU)

No words. Three thousand reads?! I don't deserve this! Thank you all so much!

STORYTIME!

Gainesville High School, number one with the passing rate in the entire state of Florida. Logan took immense pride in teaching the entire Advanced Physics department, including Physics C. Logan found innovative ways to keep his students entertained while at the same time learning. However maintaining the ease in his class wasn't always the case. Logan used to be strict, mean, and would get agitated often by his student's behavior when it was out of line. It was because of someone amazing and special that he was able to become the teacher everybody loved. All because the Childlife Develipment teacher right across the hall. Mr. Patton Lovitt.

"Good Morning Logan!"

He would like his head in every morning like clockwork, cheery smile giving him good fortune for the rest of the day. It would always be at five forty-seven in the morning, about thirteen minutes before any students would come in for early morning tutoring with Dr. Logan Sanders. Yes, he has a PhD in physics. He's a doctor. Patton will always pull up the closest desk towards Logan's teacher's desk and sit on the top. He will always cross his legs over one another and try his best to start a long conversation. Logan is always grateful and eagerly awaiting whatever time he could spend with this man for some reason. Maybe it's because routine? Or maybe it's because of love? Who knows?

"I heard some of the students talking in my class the other day. A bunch were asking if we aren't in a relationship. They said they "ship" us. A few students gave me these drawings. I think they're cute but I really wanted to show you them."

Logan stopped grading and correcting some of the long math problems included with Physics to see the drawings Patton's students gave him. Shipped them? What on Earth could that mean? Another term he should add to his vocabulary list to learn. A good teacher always tries to keep up and connect with his students. Logan looked at the first picture. Obviously cartoonish and underdeveloped in art style. Logan and Patton were supposedly cuddling in a couch. Logan went to the next one. Hyper realistic with shading in pencil of the two's faces being held together. There was a frame around it, acting like a "selfie". The next one hit Logan hard. It was an anime drawing of the two of them. Logan was reading to a little boy while Patton did a little girl's hair. Family. Aha, he understood. Ship as in relationship. The students were using slang words to ask if the two of them were in a relationship.  

"My thoughts? These are adorable. You have very creative students in your class when it comes to art."

Logan flipped the paper with the family around. Logan noticed neat cursive handwriting on irl. He read it silently in his mind. Logan and Patton Sanders: The best father's to ever live. They e adopted two children from the Gainesville orphanage named Sammy and Lawrence. Sammy is the girl, who struggled to grow her hair out because she is trans. Logan is teaching Lawrence about space because he finds it fascinating. Logan and Patton are the most loving, caring dads to their two children. It was a headcannon, right? That was the Internet term. Logan felt premature contractions in his cardiovascular system. He looked up at Patton, who was now hanging his legs over the desk and swinging them, just staring at him. Didn't he zone out? How adorable.

"Patton, have you read the back of this one?"

Patton's smile fell into concern as he shook his head slightly. Patton took the paper. Logan watched his eyes carefully red each word, pausing before moving onto the next line every single time. An amazing Dad? Him? Logan wasn't empathetic in the slightest. He finds emotions messy and confusing. Patton is the complete opposite of him when it comes to feelings. Maybe that's why the students think it will work? Who knew. Once Patton started chuckling and handed the paper back, Logan snapped out of his thoughts and took it. He may as well hang I think on his wall of appreciation behind his desk.

"There's a story behind this one. In class I was talking about how I visit the orphanage and help out a lot there. I met twins named Leila and Damien. Leila was abandoned because she's trans and Damien ran away so he could always be with his sister. Amanda, the student, must have taken inspiration from them."

Logan glanced at the paper once more before turning in his swivel chair. He took two pieces of tape and stuck the paper to the wall, drawing side out. Patton watched him all the while. Logan looked at it a moment, focusing on the smiles and how happy everyone was. Logan always wanted a family of his own, however he knew he could never have children. Logan is gay so children was an impossibility. However, adoption is the best thing any parents can do regardless of gender. It sparked determination within him. Maybe he should entertain his students and satisfy his own confused heart and try to see if this "ship" will sail or not. You can never know unless you try.

"Patton, I have a proposal for you. Why don't we go out for coffee? On a date? I have grown quite fond of you and maybe a family is a possibility between us."

No beating around the bush. As the great Miss Frizzle always said: take chances, make mistakes, and get messy. Logan spun back around in his office chair to look at Patton. He just stared blankly at him a moment, as if time had frozen for him. Logan felt of rise of shame in his body. Was he not supposed to ask so soon? Logan was a hopeless romantic, obviously. Human emotions are so vexing. Patton shook his head, his face growing bright pinkish-red, and grinned right back at Logan.

"Of course. I'd love to."

The students would freak out the second they heard.

1021 Words

Seriously y'all, thanks for so many reads. I wish I could give you more than this but I feel like passing out. My vision is really blurry and unfocused and I just can't be motivated tonight. Thanks for reading anyways! Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva