Two Four Six Eight [Anxceit]

I think it's time for a date, I've got a craving and I think you're just my taste. Why don't you come out and play? Darling it's your lucky day!  

STORYTIME!

Two, Four, Six, Eight. One, Two, Three, Four. That's the count that he needs to go by. The rain was pouring in the Imagination. Logan called it because he said something about positive and negative ions and stress or whatever. Nobody was sad, it was just raining. Virgil like the rain anyways. The reason Virgil was mentally counting and watching his feet go in specific places was that he was nervous. Big surprise. Why was her nervous? Thomas had been invited to Queer Prom and he had no idea how to dance. Sure, Roman did, but that didn't help him at all! It might be him or Patton who's in charge! Virgil needed to learn how to dance, but it was kind of hard without a partner.

Virgil had the cobwebs around his room lace a pattern for him, using spider stickers and guidelines for where his feet need to go with each step. He had a slower rendition of Toby Fox's Spider Dance playing in the background, fighting over the rain to be heard. It was soothing, but it didn't completely soothe his anxiety. His anxiety will go back down once he learns how do to this once and for all. Two, Four, Six, Eight. One, Two, Three, Four. Two, Four, Six, Eight. Every time those words entered his head, he wanted to sing Adriana Figueroa's lyrics to the song. Guess what Virgil can't also do? Sing.

"My my, don't you look graceful. I love how you keep your knees locked and don't trust yourself at all."

Virgil snapped around to hear who said that. He should have known. Deceit. Virgil sighed. The music went dimmer and the rain completely overturned it. Virgil turned around to face him, hands stuffed in his hoodie pockets. He flicked his head back, shifting his bangs like a cool guy tm. That was for naught because his fringe fell further down his forehead and covered his eye. Virgil blew it away, but that didn't help either. He heard Deceit snicker and he balled his fists in his pockets. Virgil was really agitated right now. He didn't need this snake of a man adding on to that frustration. Might as well find out what he wants and give it to him so he can get the heck out of his room.

"What do you want, Deceit?"

Deceit pulled a nail file put of nowhere and began filing his nails over his yellow gloves. He was ignoring Virgil or playing the question off. One of the two. Deceit looked at his fingers before putting the nail file away. Maybe in a cartoon that would be a great visual gag, but in a written fanfiction? Not so much. Deceit then crossed his right leg over his left and leaned on his fist, smiling at Virgil. A smile that was unsettlingly sweet. Smile of a smirk that shined sinisterly. Okay, now Virgil knows something is off. Since when does Deceit smile sweetly at him?

"Oh, I'm sorry. I totally recall asking you for something I stead of coming here to give you some assistance. Your dancing is amazing without any help. You don't need my help at all."

Deceit knew up to dance? Virgil felt his posture slouch and his body relax In curiosity. Deceit walked towards Virgil and slipped his hands underneath his. Virgil gasped and tried to pry his hand screaming away, but his body didn't seem to want to move. His delicate touch kept his hands gravitating near his. Deceit took his hands and began to lead Virgil's arms away from him and towards Deceit. Deceit wrapped Virgil's arms around his waist, not minding playing the quote unquote "female" roll in this slow dance.

"Taking it too fast, hmm? Just rest and let me do the work."

Just rest? Rest sounded nice... Virgil felt himself easing into this and falling asleep. Two, Four, Six, Eight. One, Two, Three, Four. The rhythm made him very sleepy. The music grew louder, partnering with the rain to lull him into drowsiness. The Spider's Lullaby was more like it. Virgil struggled to keep himself up and working. Deceit guided Virgil's hands. Deceit held them both with such care that Virgil felt like a pampered little baby. Deceit's eyes never left Virgil's. Virgil couldn't tell what was in them. Adoration? Sympathy? Hatred? He never could read this man's body language. Even so, he felt safe and secure in his arms. Safe enough to... to...

Before long, Virgil was passed out against Deceit. Deceit chuckled and stopped dancing, taking the fragile side and laying him down in his bed. The covers were decorated with spiders and his pillow littered with images of his favorite superheroes. For all you fangirls out there, Virgil is a DC and Marvel Fan. He also loves CapCom but they didn't make it onto the pillowcase. Virgil must have been stressing himself out so much that he hasn't realized his own exaughstion, how adorable. Deceit noticed how Virgil's little hand was still clasped around his own even when in his bed. It was almost like he didn't want Deceit to go. Alas, everyone always wants Deceit to go so he must leave him. Deceit pressed a gentle kiss on his forehead before leaving his room. Deceit caught himself in the doorway and looked back at Virgil, resting peacefully. Deceit smiled.

"Goodnight my little Spider, the night will always rise again and we shall waltz in the daylight's grave~"

Deceit turned to the doorway and walked out, turning down the music manually since he wasn't in charge of Virgil's room. As he walked through the hallways, he was humming the tune. Two, Four, Six, Eight. A pattern and beat that's lodged into his head. Deceit wasn't aware that he was actually dancing with his steps and very light on his feet. He didn't realize he was smiling more than ever. He didn't realize he was that head over heels for Virgil. Seeing him so peaceful and having him in his arms...

Deceit can't remember being this happy.

Edited 1039 Words

Yes, I added on more to this one. I wrote this one when I was having a bad mental health day because I wanted to give you all something you deserve. I went back and edited this one because it had potential. Plus I misspelled Anxceit on it so I decided to go over it again.

Please remember to get sleep. Sleep is the most important thing for your body. It heals itself when you sleep both mentally and physically. The best thing you can do when you're sick or injured is sleep and rest. I promise. Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva